The Wings of Power P-51D Mustang, like all Wings of Power aircraft, was created with a process called “Absolute Realism”. The flight model was very carefully researched. We interviewed many pilots who flew the P-51D, two of them double aces. We took our own orientation flights in existing P-51D aircraft to get a true feel for how these marvelous aircraft sound and fly in real life. And we used the actual pilot’s training manual and technical orders to ensure our procedures and performance matched the real thing as closely as possible. This release, with our “World War II Fighters” package, represents the latest in “Absolute Realism” and incorporates advances in the flight modeling. Subtle changes in stability will be noticed as compared to our original P-51D Mustang. We have also introduced a new aspect of realism by incorporating the airspeed indicator error factor into the pilot’s airspeed indicator. By consulting the chart below, you can find the actual calibrated airspeed as compared to the speed shown on the pilot’s airspeed indicator. This is yet another aspect of “Absolute Realism”.
Wings of Power P-51D/H
Please note this software is for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 edition.
This software is for home entertainment only. For professional commercial use please contact us for a quote or to discuss your needs for a bespoke simulation solution.
- Built with the finest flight technology
- Can be flown “by the book”
- Famous Mustang stall characteristics, including the deadly flat spin
- The entire flight envelope is modeled via the actual pilot’s training manuals
- Authentic cruise performance under various conditions with realistic fuel economy
- Absolute Realism even delivers authentic “distance-to-altitude” performance under various power settings
- Merlin torque means full power cannot be applied with brakes on or aircraft will “nose over”
- Gorgeously constructed aircraft, inside and out, down to the last rivet
- Authentic sounds
- True-to-life sound characteristics of the famous Rolls Royce “Merlin” engine from idle to war emergency power
- Actual P51 gyro and flap motor sounds
- Stall buffet, canopy, ground roll, and authentic cockpit wind
- Both modern and veteran P51 pilots helped create the “feel” of flight
- “Wings of Power “Special Effects” package includes:
- Historically accurate lighting for stunning nighttime visuals
- Realistic startup visuals modeled after the real aircraft
- Belly landings with realistic effects and physics programming
The Manuals are provided as part of the product installation.
Free Manual download coming soon
Flight Simulator X (FSX/FSX:SE)