Piper J3 MS 2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Maddormo
Airman

Re: Piper J3 MS 2020

Post by Maddormo »

MarcE wrote: 04 Jan 2024, 06:40 I‘m absolutely not against a slightly modernized version but I wouldn’t want one of those hyper performant stol planes that are featured in those 10ft landing videos. I love the „vintage“ aspect of Accusim much more than what MSFS mostly gives us by default. Another glass cockpit would be a real loss to me. But an old and original PA18… nothing against it although if I was to decide it would be a J-3 😅
I assure you that we are all looking for the same thing. The SuperCub is an evolution of the J3, but very old! I invite you to check out the results of "PA18 cockpits" in google images, and you can understand what I mean when I say that a SuperCub is very, very different from an Xcub. As @AKar previously said "I might insist that there is nothing fancy pants in a stock Super Cub." I would add: even in the most modified SuperCub there is not much room for fancy pants XD

And I totally agree, another glass cockpit would be a big disappointment. But I don't see A2A offering that type of aircraft. An old portable GPS would be more appropriate.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Oh no please no glass cockpit. And also no artificial horizon or anything the likes. So we are all on the same page I guess 😉
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Quite a bit of variance in how the Super Cubs come equipped in what comes to the cockpit, it seems. Interesting that some have bothered with vacuum-driven artificial horizons; something I'd insta-replace with something solid-state nowadays to get rid of the vacuum system.

-Esa

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

Or forget the Cubs for now and come out with a Cessna high wing anything with power.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Post by BPL »

Count me in as another who would love to see an A2A PA-18 Super Cub! This would be at or near the top of my wish list of aircraft I'd like to see given the Accu-Sim treatment. Yes, there are a number of modern Cub-like airplanes for MSFS already, but a classic Super Cub (or J-3) is conspicuously absent. I've wanted an A2A Super Cub for years. I always enjoyed the A2A Cub, and it would be nice to see it in MSFS; but I'd prefer the greater performance and capabilities of a Super Cub. And I agree with the no-glass-cockpit sentiment. Give us a rugged, classic bush plane with an optional GPS.

Glad to see the Super Cub seems fairly popular around here. Please make it happen, A2A! 8)

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

atsimulations will create bird dog, if i understood situation right, in this class that's best of the best, i mean most interesting dangerous stuff like b-47 just fix. wing. i'm sorry, but cub is one more boring comfortable, reliable if i remember right, so that's i hate a2a, they does best stuff, and first of that best stuff for msfs was the blah comanche, it's like make rolls royce when you could make harley. you can not crash it, you can not broke it, she fly and do nothin but flight flight flight. even for go to spin it's like try to do this in f-15(as f-15 pilots said) about impossible. and now you guys ask same high wing bentley... we are still without good enough mustang in june will 4 years. what's wrong with all of you? i will complain about you to unesco and the society for the protection of mentally unstable animals, as their representative unit. shame on all of you with your cessna, cubs, pipers, airliners, and other rails flight concept(here you can imagine all gif animation when people cries, smashing the keyboard over their head, banging their head against the wall and other self-destructive things) however i will buy a2a cub first day i will see that in the a2a store. and i will very depressed or even crushed by this. btw, in the msfs no thunderbolt so far. no1!
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

well that was an interesting read
ImageImage

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Einherz,

You‘ve never flown angry Heidi to a deserted beach, made her happy and brought fun Heidi back I assume? :D

I assure you, if A2A make a(nother) Cub it won‘t be boring.

Anyway, Lewis just asked for our preference, he didn‘t confirm or announce anything.

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

but i fly angry mikey(my self) when i'm not in a fighter. btw i have l-4 flight replica, so actually i'm o.k. with cub... i flew carenado seneca yesterday, my speech was clear hyperbola irony... however, with heavy true between lines - i really really need high quality fighter and attack heli concepts... and need it in msfs, because i don't need fight but i need to fly that way, what can give me only fighters and attack choppas and probably aerobatic or semiaerobatic like lancair legacy:) when i'm in that mentioned birds i talk to my self "mikey, you make good your self" and when i'm in something else - "mike. what the heal are you making?"
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 27 Dec 2023, 06:24 Out of interest original classic style or some fancy pants version?
Original classic! 65 HP, steam gauges, no flaps. Basically the same Cub that you did for FSX, paddles, Heidi and everything. ;)
Happy Landings
- Patrick

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Jigsaw wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 15:16
Lewis - A2A wrote: 27 Dec 2023, 06:24 Out of interest original classic style or some fancy pants version?
Original classic! 65 HP, steam gauges, no flaps. Basically the same Cub that you did for FSX, paddles, Heidi and everything. ;)
+1. I like the original Cub, without the fancy stuff. It teaches you basic airmanship and proper stick and rudder use. If you want fancier stuff the Cessna 182 would be better.

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

A little late to this party, but since you asked:

I love the original J-3. Not only was it my first payware aircraft ever, I have more sim hours in that than any other GA aircraft. I remember the day she came to P3D V4. I ran the tank dry the first time out - twice. No other aeroplane in the sim makes me grin like that one.

However… if it must be a later version, make something that looks like she’s from the 1950s.
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

Stearmandriver
Senior Airman

Post by Stearmandriver »

Super Cubs are great planes. But for pure stick and rudder flying, really nothing beats a J-3. Having 85hp and even 100hp versions of a J-3 would be fantastic, but a Super Cub is becoming too much like a normal airplane ;).

In the spirit of sharing some J-3 love, here's a video from last summer, of me moving a friend's 100hp J-3 from, and then back to, a one-way private strip. The interesting approach starts at 2:20. This strip is a kick in any airplane and certainly more challenging in some... But I'm not sure that even the Stearmans beat this little Cub for sheer FUN.

My vote is for the good ole J-3.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WzsOvb ... p=drivesdk

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”