Fellow Misfits: Looks like Ian won't be able to lead us on the next flight of our Friday Series in the Glorious Grass Fields the UK, so during our flight this Friday we decided to substitute a one-off flight for next Friday, 11-Aug-2023. Sorry to tell you this, but I volunteered to come up with the flight. I figured that since we're already in England, we might as well operate out of the same area. What better way to fly, and to generally wreak havoc, in the UK and surrounding areas than in a Spitfire MkI or MkII?
So here's the basic mission profile. We'll take off from Goodwood (EGHR) and fly at low altitude across the Channel to the French coast, where we'll fly toward Paris. Guess we'll have to fly under the Arc de Triomphe. That's to let 'em know we're coming. Next we'll fly north to Ameins, which will put us in a perfect position to come in through the back door and and strafe the homefield of the Abeville Boys (Jagdgeschwader 26). We'll fly north and cross back over to England on the Strait of Dover. Dip a wing in salute at Dunkirk. From there we fly over a few aerodromes and then land at another old fighter base, Stapleford (EGSG). I'll buy the first round at the Club.
Recommended aircraft is an A2A Spitfire. Anything prop plane that is really fast will work, like a Mustang, P-40, or a P-47 (just don't blow up the engine). The distance is 598 NM, and is guesstimated to take 2 hr 19 min in my MkII Spitfire.
Skyvector looks like: https://skyvector.com/?ll=50.5085359441 ... GWN%20EGSG
Meet at: 1830z for a 1900z departure. Local takeoff time 1200.
Weather: Live or historical, we'll decide while waiting for engine start time.
Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.
Comms through A2A Discord channel.
Start at: Goodwood (EGHR).
For those who love to fly in multiplayer
- General Discussion
- ↳ Pilot's Lounge
- ↳ Flight Academy
- ↳ Repainters
- ↳ Multiplayer
- Accu-Sim 2.0
- ↳ Comanche 250 for MSFS
- ↳ Comanche 250 for MSFS Tech Support
- ↳ Bonanza "V-Tail"
- ↳ Bonanza Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support
- ↳ T-6 "Texan"
- ↳ T-6 "Texan" Tech Support
- ↳ C182 Skylane
- ↳ C182 Skylane Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support
- ↳ C172 Trainer
- ↳ C172 Trainer Tech Support
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support
- ↳ P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)
- ↳ P-51 Tech Support
- ↳ P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P-40 Tech Support
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support
- ↳ B-17 Flying Fortress
- ↳ P-47 Razorback
- Captain of the Ship (COTS)
- ↳ Boeing 377 Stratocruiser
- ↳ Boeing 377 Tech Support
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Constellation
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support
- Accu-Feel: Global Sim Enhancement
- ↳ Accu-Feel General Discussion
- ↳ Accu-Feel Technical Support
- ↳ Accu-Feel Development & Feedback
- for FSX (other)
- ↳ A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX
- ↳ P40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P51 Mustang
- ↳ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4
- ↳ Supermarine Spitfire MKI
- ↳ P47 Thunderbolt
- ↳ WWII FIGHTERS
- Aircraft Factory (a division of A2A Simulations)
- ↳ P-51H "High Performance Mustang"
- ↳ Avro 504K
- ↳ Avro Anson MKI
- ↳ Albatros D.III (Oeffag)
- ↳ Heinkel He-219 "Uhu"
- ↳ F4U Corsair
- for FS2004
- ↳ North American P51 "Mustang"
- ↳ Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"
- ↳ Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"
- ↳ Focke Wulf "Long Nose"
- ↳ Heinkel He 219 "Owl"
- ↳ Heavy Bombers and Jets
- ↳ Wings of POWER Technical Support
- Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
- ↳ BOB2 General Discussion
- ↳ BOB2 Technical Support
- ↳ BOB2 FAQ FORUM
- ↳ FirePower General Discussion
- ↳ FirePower Technical Support
- ↳ Other Sim News
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests