Fellow Misfits. This will be the fourth segment in a flight that will take us from Juneau to the very tip of the Aleutian Island chain, the tiny island of Attu (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attu_Island).
This fourth flight is a special mission. There's going to be a big wedding on Saint Paul Island (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Pau ... d_(Alaska)) and they just realized that they don't have any COVID 19 test kits. The chartered airline carried the bride, her maids of honor and associated guests from the mainland, and they're scheduled to take everybody back on Sunday, May 28th, and they're booked solid until then. Right now all the passengers are in quarantine, and the Russian Orthodox priest won't let anybody that can't produce a negative COVID test result in the St. Peter and Paul church.
Our flight has drawn the attention of the locals, and we've been asked to carry the COVID test kits from Cold Bay up to St. Paul Island. I'd been planning to skip St. Paul Island because it's way out in the middle of the Bering Sea, but our services are needed. So it looks like our fourth flight will be a long, overwater flight, from Cold Bay (PACD) up to a full-stop landing at St. Paul Airport (PASN), where we'll hand over the test kits. We won't even have to shut down our engines; we just open our canopies and hand the bag with the test kits to a smiling Aleut who will hop up on the left wing of our Mustangs. The priest will be there to bless our airplanes. Then we can taxi out and take off. Might as well do a touch and go at St. George Island (PAPB) on the way out. Our destination for flight 04 will be Unalaska Airport (PADU).
We'll be flying A2A P-51 Mustangs or equivalent on this flight.
The flight will be 509 nautical miles long, and will take 1 hr 50 min at an estimated cruise speed of 275 knots (we can fly up high for better true airspeed and fuel economy on this one, winds aloft dependent of course).
Meet at: 1830z for a 1900z departure.
Meet on: Digital Theme Park on JoinFS.
Comms through A2A Discord channel.
Start at: Cold Bay Airport (PACD).
Local takeoff time: 1200
Here's the flight plan on SkyVector: https://skyvector.com/?ll=56.8350011191 ... APB%20PADU
I'll post the LNV flight plan on Discord.
For those who love to fly in multiplayer
- General Discussion
- ↳ Pilot's Lounge
- ↳ Flight Academy
- ↳ Repainters
- ↳ Multiplayer
- Accu-Sim 2.0
- ↳ Comanche 250 for MSFS
- ↳ Comanche 250 for MSFS Tech Support
- ↳ Bonanza "V-Tail"
- ↳ Bonanza Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250
- ↳ Piper Comanche 250 Tech Support
- ↳ T-6 "Texan"
- ↳ T-6 "Texan" Tech Support
- ↳ C182 Skylane
- ↳ C182 Skylane Tech Support
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180
- ↳ Piper Cherokee 180 Tech Support
- ↳ C172 Trainer
- ↳ C172 Trainer Tech Support
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub
- ↳ Piper J-3 Cub Tech Support
- ↳ P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)
- ↳ P-51 Tech Support
- ↳ P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P-40 Tech Support
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II
- ↳ Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support
- ↳ B-17 Flying Fortress
- ↳ P-47 Razorback
- Captain of the Ship (COTS)
- ↳ Boeing 377 Stratocruiser
- ↳ Boeing 377 Tech Support
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Constellation
- ↳ Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support
- Accu-Feel: Global Sim Enhancement
- ↳ Accu-Feel General Discussion
- ↳ Accu-Feel Technical Support
- ↳ Accu-Feel Development & Feedback
- for FSX (other)
- ↳ A2A Simulations 3D LIGHTS REDUX
- ↳ P40 Warhawk / Tomahawk
- ↳ P51 Mustang
- ↳ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4
- ↳ Supermarine Spitfire MKI
- ↳ P47 Thunderbolt
- ↳ WWII FIGHTERS
- Aircraft Factory (a division of A2A Simulations)
- ↳ P-51H "High Performance Mustang"
- ↳ Avro 504K
- ↳ Avro Anson MKI
- ↳ Albatros D.III (Oeffag)
- ↳ Heinkel He-219 "Uhu"
- ↳ F4U Corsair
- for FS2004
- ↳ North American P51 "Mustang"
- ↳ Republic P47 "Thunderbolt"
- ↳ Focke Wulf 190 "Butcher Bird"
- ↳ Focke Wulf "Long Nose"
- ↳ Heinkel He 219 "Owl"
- ↳ Heavy Bombers and Jets
- ↳ Wings of POWER Technical Support
- Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
- ↳ BOB2 General Discussion
- ↳ BOB2 Technical Support
- ↳ BOB2 FAQ FORUM
- ↳ FirePower General Discussion
- ↳ FirePower Technical Support
- ↳ Other Sim News
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: ratty and 1 guest