Paintkit

A Living Legend
new reply
eagle420
Airman Basic

Paintkit

Post by eagle420 »

is there a paint kit coming or do i have to download it somewhere , is it in the plane directory?

thx, just got the b17, havent tested it yet, but im about to right now, thx shockwave!!!

Hog Driver
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Hog Driver »

I was wondering this as well. Any news, any one, or is there something else out there that can be used instead?

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Hmmm not much of a Company comment here ...

How bout it Scott, we got a paint kit for this bird? Sure would be nice.
Snuffy

FSXFAN
Airman

Post by FSXFAN »

I have been wondering about this also for a long time, thats why there are very few paints out there I guess,

Scott can we have a paintkit for this baby?

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

BUMP!!

Scott, it sure would be nice ... I have half the 8th USAAF I wanna try to replicate.

Please.
Snuffy

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

I want to replicate the USAAF 15th AF too especially the ships my dad flew.
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

I walked away from this and then it hit me ... perhaps I didn't examine the paints very carefully, but I did notice that the nose art seems to be incorporated on the aircraft skin. Unless I missed a seperate area of another texture folder, can I ask:

Would it be too much to ask for a separate canvass for the nose art, much like B-17II has? Where we could make the squadron paints, and then the nose arts separately for each aircraft?

Hunh?
Snuffy

ICDP
BDG & A2A

Post by ICDP »

Hi guys,

I just finished uploading a paintkit for the WoPII B-17G to avsim.com search for files by Martin Catney.

The paintkit is the one used to do the original textures so it is quite weathered but can be toned down to suit. It also includes basic speculars and alphas that can be used as a base for any repaint.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

ICDP knows I'm having issues with his paint kit, as a desperate act, I'm asking anyone who has PSP9x to try and open a couple files and see if they get the same problems, and if they don't can they repackage the two files and email me?

The files in question are in the B17 Paintkit/Main Textures folder and are b17g_1_t.psd & b17g_2_t.psd

These are sizable files when viewed in the zip from the download but when I go to open them in psp9x I get an error message of unsupported features, and when the files open there is only one layer.

Can someone with PSP9x please verify??

I appreciate the help.
Snuffy

RCAF_Gunner
Airman First Class

Post by RCAF_Gunner »

ICDP wrote:Hi guys,

I just finished uploading a paintkit for the WoPII B-17G to avsim.com search for files by Martin Catney.

The paintkit is the one used to do the original textures so it is quite weathered but can be toned down to suit. It also includes basic speculars and alphas that can be used as a base for any repaint.
Many thanks for making the kit available.

Snuffy
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Snuffy »

Okay it took a little work but I finally got the problems with the two files mentioned above, to work out.
Snuffy

new reply

Return to “B-17 Flying Fortress”