Problems with FSX Servicepack 2

The most mass-produced fighter of World War II
new reply
StG2_Airway
Airman

Problems with FSX Servicepack 2

Post by StG2_Airway »

Hello !

since the Service Pack 2 for FSX came out, there are some serious graphical issues with the Shockwave aircrafts.
Only on the outside views the propeller makes everything invisible. Objects, clouds, everything but the default layer disappears in the propeller area.
The problem doesn´t appear from inside the cockpit.

Here is a picture:

http://xs122.xs.to/xs122/07510/sp2problem.jpg

I just have the stock FSX installed and the Shckwave aircraft - no additional scenery or any other add-on that could have caused the problem.

Can you help me with this problem please?

A merry christmas and happy holidays to all at Shockwave Productions !

mazman629
Airman

Post by mazman629 »

SP2 porked my 109 and He-219 in the way you described, though the FW-190D & FW-190 seem unaffected by SP2.

I don't know how Shockwave can keep up with changes made by M$ updates. I would assume the 3rd party developers are probably more frustrated with Aces than we end users are.

FSX... it has been a love/hate relationship
:?
If it wasn't for flight sims, we wouldn't need electricity!!!

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

After the release of new aircraft we will prepare a patch for WWII Fighters pack to fix these problems. The aircrafts will transform from "FSX Compatible" to "FSX" aircrafts. However there will be a price for that - 3rd party repaints won't work with new models.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

mazman629
Airman

Post by mazman629 »

Nice to hear Shockwave is working on the problem, your efforts are appreciated Rob.

I should have stated "Addon Product Developers" not "3rd party developers".

Lets hope if there is a "SP2a"... that it doesn't break what you fix :lol:

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Hey guys, don't blame the MS developers (Aces Studios) for everything. The truth is none of their Service Packs breaks anything in FSX aircrafts, I would dare to say these are great improvements. It looks like the price for these improvements is lack of compatibility of FS2004 aircrafts.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

mazman629
Airman

Post by mazman629 »

You are correct Rob. The only "true" FSX addon I have is the P40, which works just fine with SP2.

My bad :oops:

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

You just made my day by telling us that there will be updates/patch to make your great planes FSX/Acceleration flyable. I will be glad to pay for a patch like that will no problems as I'm sure it's gonna take some work to get it done. Will there be any kind of discount for those of us who bought them all or will these be considered "new" planes?

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Point-man wrote:... Will there be any kind of discount for those of us who bought them all or will these be considered "new" planes?
No way, forget any discounts.

regards
ROB

PS. It's going to be a free upgrade :D
A2A Simulations Inc.

Point-man
Staff Sergeant

Post by Point-man »

WOOoooHOOoooo You guys rock!

Is there any possible chance that the Heavy Bombers or 190's or 219 will be redone for sp2?

I think I read that it would pretty much take a rebuild of the plane, however I would be glad to pay again for those beautiful birds. Ya know it's just kind of hard to not want to fly the 190's or 219 that you guys made when there are none that compare that I'm aware of anywhere.

ROB - A2A
A2A Colonel

Post by ROB - A2A »

Point-man wrote:Is there any possible chance that the Heavy Bombers or 190's or 219 will be redone for sp2?
No, I wouldn't expect this in near future.

The upgrade to native FSX version can be made in two ways: minimal, fixing known FS9/FSX compatibility issues without adding any new stuff FSX comes with or maximal, applying serious changes to 3D, XML programming, FM and texturing. The latter often means making things from scratch.
Some aged aircrafts require mentioned above maximal upgrade which is too time consuming for our small crew involved in new projects at the moment.

regards
ROB
A2A Simulations Inc.

el_invasor01
Airman First Class

Post by el_invasor01 »

As always Rob, shockwave spoils us with free upgrades :lol: . I just bought the WWII Fighters pack and have been having fun despite the few acceleration bugs but a free upgrade is like a late christmas gift or early birthday present, always welcome.

mazman629
Airman

Post by mazman629 »

Great news Rob, looking forward to the patch as well as your next aircraft release.

It's time to add another Shockwave title to my stable :D

new reply

Return to “ Messerschmitt BF109E3/E4”