Problem W/Shockwave

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
Target
Airman

Problem W/Shockwave

Post by Target »

I'm not a happy camper. Three weeks ago I sent a check in for BOB (from ME to Conn.) the day after I sent a check to Fla. for another product. That other product has arrived. Same form of payment, further distance. BOB has yet to show.
I've sent three emails of inquiry about this order. I've left a phone message. No answers have been forthcomiing. If you guys have to manufacture the disc before you install the game on it just let me know.

Trumper
BDG

Post by Trumper »

Has the cheque been cashed? and have they recieved the order?
I have nothing to do with Shockwave but i thought i would ask,what about the postal service have they lost it?.

Target
Airman

Post by Target »

Not to sound crass, but if they don't answer my communications how am I to know if they have received the check? I could contact the bank but to me that action is an escalation of the problem. In other words, I'm trying my best to give them time to respond before I go to the next step. I mean, if they haven't received the check there's no harm done. But if I contact the bank and hear they have cashed it then I'm not going to be less happy than I am now. So for now, ignorance is more blissful than what I might learn from my bank.

When I emailed them to ask if I could send a personal check and, if so, where I would send it I received an answer before the day was out.

the belgian
BDG

Re: Problem W/Shockwave

Post by the belgian »

Target wrote: If you guys have to manufacture the disc before you install the game on it just let me know.
If they would do so;can they make one in red with the Bob logo in black outlines on it for me? :lol: no just kidding...

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Target,

We don't take personal checks, but we also don't like the idea of someone out there wanting our game and not being able to get it. We just ran out of stock of BOB2, and have a new shipment coming in tomorrow. I checked and we do have your check here, and what I will do is enclose both your check and the game in the package for this inconvenience. I'll shoot you an email when it ships.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

Scott - Shockwave wrote:Target,

We don't take personal checks, but we also don't like the idea of someone out there wanting our game and not being able to get it. We just ran out of stock of BOB2, and have a new shipment coming in tomorrow. I checked and we do have your check here, and what I will do is enclose both your check and the game in the package for this inconvenience. I'll shoot you an email when it ships.

Scott.

OMFG ! ! ! This is truly amazing. Seeing the chairman/owner of a software gaming company step in personally and resolve the problem by sending it to you FREE. I'm sure this type of thing happens daily at the other big gaming studio's and publisher's websites - NOT!!!

Scott, you and your company and everyone I've "met" (online or on the phone) associated with it are truly a class act and a shining example for all the others to try and follow.

Kudos to you sir!!!
i7-990X Extreme Edition CPU; 12GB DDR3 RAM; ASRock 58X Deluxe mobo; EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 video card; Corsair HX850W PSU; XFi Titanium; 40” 1920X1080 LCD; MS FFB2; TIR 5 Pro; Logitech MX518 mouse; Logitech Z680 speakers; Buttkicker Gamer

Target
Airman

Post by Target »

As Scott has replied here I thought I would just say that he also called me at home and has apologized for the sounds of silence. He explained I was a victim of Shockwave's success. But he's making good on the problem and that's what counts.

I'll have to send a postal money order in, as opposed to a personal check, when Flying Tigers comes out.

Thanks again Scott.

ReFLeX
BDG

Post by ReFLeX »

SeaVee wrote:

Scott.

OMFG ! ! ! This is truly amazing. Seeing the chairman/owner of a software gaming company step in personally and resolve the problem by sending it to you FREE. I'm sure this type of thing happens daily at the other big gaming studio's and publisher's websites - NOT!!!

Scott, you and your company and everyone I've "met" (online or on the phone) associated with it are truly a class act and a shining example for all the others to try and follow.

Kudos to you sir!!!

brings back memories of 30 years ago when a company actually valued there customers..

I must agree with SeaVee... this is unheard of in this day and time..

ReFleX

DDoutel
BDG

Post by DDoutel »

Guess that's why we're all here; great game and great people! Need I say more?
Regards,
DDoutel

Heavy552a
Airman Basic

Post by Heavy552a »

I am very happy to see this resolved.

Very rare in this day and age.

KUDOS!

Tweak
Airman Basic

Post by Tweak »

I checked and we do have your check here, and what I will do is enclose both your check and the game in the package for this inconvenience. I'll shoot you an email when it ships.

Scott.
Shockwave has always impressed me as a company that strives to keep the customer happy with their long term product support and continuing patches, but THIS truly goes above & beyond.

The next time I buy a Shockwave sim it'll be direct from the source instead of from the local software shop. Publishers like this deserve every possible penny of my purchase price rather than having it spread through the distribution chain.

Good show, Scott. You guys rock!

PappyCain
BDG

Post by PappyCain »

I am in Business Development (liaison with Clients, Prospects, Deals etc. etc. actually the Director) - Class Act. Especially for a low cost item. If you are a Mainer than you know LL Bean and their customer satisfaction policies. Scott has emulated them and then some.
"Was it something I said?" - 'Moggy' Cattermole 'Piece of Cake'
Core 2 Duo E6700, ASUS P5N-E-SLI, 2GB Corsair DDR2 PC6400,ASUS Nvidia GeForce GTX 560Ti, Coolermaster 650W PSU and Case, Audigy 2ZS Platinum, 5.1 Z-640, XP Pro, 22" CHIMEI LCD

SeaVee
BDG

Post by SeaVee »

Tweak wrote:... The next time I buy a Shockwave sim it'll be direct from the source instead of from the local software shop. Publishers like this deserve every possible penny of my purchase price rather than having it spread through the distribution chain.
You are absolutely right there. I bought my FS9/FSX WWII Fighters add on and Firepower upgrade for CFS3 direct from Shockwave.

Will buy any future products direct from SW as well for this reason.
i7-990X Extreme Edition CPU; 12GB DDR3 RAM; ASRock 58X Deluxe mobo; EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 video card; Corsair HX850W PSU; XFi Titanium; 40” 1920X1080 LCD; MS FFB2; TIR 5 Pro; Logitech MX518 mouse; Logitech Z680 speakers; Buttkicker Gamer

Jethro
Technical Sergeant

Post by Jethro »

Well said Tweak and SeaVee: I'd like to do the same for buying any new SW products (for me and for any friends of mine that will be interested as well); is it possible, since I live in Italy?

Regards
J

Jethro
Technical Sergeant

Post by Jethro »

...bump...

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”