B377 Stratocruiser

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.

Would you like to see the Stratocruiser in msfs 2020?

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 24

UnwaryMammal363
Airman Basic

B377 Stratocruiser

Post by UnwaryMammal363 »

Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows if the Stratocruiser is possibly going to be available for msfs 2020, as I have Xbox Series X and would love to fly it from what people are saying about it on here I’m assuming as would everyone else, let’s hope the developers take the opportunity to release it on msfs 2020 as it would be a very unique and interesting experience :)

Genista
Airman First Class

Re: B377 Stratocruiser

Post by Genista »

A big yes, I'd dream of it. My favourite A2A addon with the COTS package.

The "bubble" cockpit windows would give such a nice view to enjoy MSFS scenery....

UnwaryMammal363
Airman Basic

Post by UnwaryMammal363 »

People vote yes to show the devs we’d like this great aircraft in msfs 2020 :D

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

a thousand times yes!

It is a point of sadness that its almost a year since anyone posted in the B377 forums, I plan on making a post on the same day I did last year as I kind of memorial to this great addon. We desperately need more vintage airliners in MSFS. Justflight is doing the Lord's work but we need COTS and Accusim really. With the log book and captains notes/reputation etc!

I have P3Dv3 installed just to fly it at the moment and P3D is buggy as all hell and crashes alot. Not usable for longhauls sadly.
ImageImage

Genista
Airman First Class

Post by Genista »

I wonder if the new accusim engine would allow aircraft like that down the line.

Mantock
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mantock »

I'm sure it would.

Based off their statements that they can now simply plug in a 3d model and accusim will work out all the accurate flight dynamics soley based off that. Which is an amazing thing really. It potentially unlocks all sorts of rare airframes that otherwise might not be terribly accurate, flight dynamics wise.

Although, I think we will see a lot of A2A's GA line brought into MSFS first, that way, Accusim 2.0 will have chance to mature a bit before they try out any spicy airframes that they can't physically fly anymore. Which is basically what they've stated already I think.
But I can dream that one day we will have the Connie and B377 in MSFS.
ImageImage

Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

Post by Kilstorm »

A2A offers such great products. Each scratch an itch. Commercial travel during the golden age, warbirds and GA. COT in the B377 any day over any commercial modern day offering from the addon community. Even when another well known addon developer took a stab at a golden age DC6 at study level detail, theres no comparison to the feeling of flying the COT B377 with its crew and feeling every flight offers something new. I do hope A2A gets around to bringing the B377 COT over to MSFS. I much more prefer that plane over the Connie for the reason that it offers the Captain (us the user) to play a more active role in the start up of the plane from the Captain seat, especially in VR.
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

I voted yes for the folks who really want the aircraft. Would I buy it? Probably not. I bought the Connie, but hardly flew her, too much work for these old eyes, and didn't want to shell out for a throttle quadrant. I'll only buy singles in the future.

frankie1029
Airman

Post by frankie1029 »

I'm currently running P3Dv5. I ended up buying FSX Steam just so I could use the Stratocruiser. I really missed her. I've yet to buy MSFS because of the lack of addon aircraft available.

Not only would I buy the 377 for MSFS, I would use that to propel myself away from P3D. She kickstarted my love for flight sims and most of all, flight.

fc

Kalnon
Airman First Class

Post by Kalnon »

It was never even updated for P3D, I would prefer a P3D version over MSFS personally but if they did remake it for MSFS I would buy it. One of the main reasons I still have FSX installed is so I can still fly this big beautiful airplane. The B377 is one of my favorite flight simulator aircraft of all time, I like it even more then the Constellation.

MatzeH84
Staff Sergeant

Post by MatzeH84 »

It was my first A2A product. I've taken her around the world, navigated by sextant, lost an engine (twice), got sweaty hands manipulating a handful of cooler doors and turbo settings to get the best cooling/drag balance, trying to climb with full tanks out of red hot Abu Dabi.. listened to the best stewardess in flightsim history, got screaming passengers, a film star on board.. well, yeah, I want that once more please. Urgently. For Christmas. :mrgreen:
Kind regards, Matthias

pjc747
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pjc747 »

Whoever voted no is objectively wrong

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

pjc747 wrote: 01 Dec 2023, 18:23 Whoever voted no is objectively wrong
Through what logic are you qualified to judge others' responses to a survey? The question was simple and personal and I see 17 honest responses reflecting individuals' opinions on the survey here. What could possibly be wrong about that??
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Far Isle Pilot
Airman

Post by Far Isle Pilot »

+1
For sure, first day purchase should A2A bring it to MSFS/FS2024.

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

If only it came with a C-97 version...
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”