Maximum recommended cruise power

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
awash2002
A2A ACE

Maximum recommended cruise power

Post by awash2002 »

I can't find in the POH where is specifies the recommended cruise power what power setting would that be Continental in their youtube video I'm watching now says 65% power but does the A2A POH for the V35B specify that power setting?

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Re: Maximum recommended cruise power

Post by gulredrel »

I don't think there is the one and only cruise power setting.

It all depends on what do you want to achieve and at which weight the aircraft is loaded in which weather conditions:
- max. endurance / economic cruise
- max. range
- fast cruise

The A2A manual gives charts for various settings at different altitudes so I guess it's up to the pilot to choose the best for the flight within the limits.
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

There are cruise performance charts for 75% power, 65%, 55%, and 45% in the Performance section of the A2A POH, and a cruise speed chart based on power settings. You need to balance speed desired, altitude at which to fly, and range, and choose the settings that give you the best result.

awash2002
A2A ACE

Post by awash2002 »

I have figured out how to get my own cruise power settings for cruise. I set it up based on the POH 75% cruise power setting for 2500rpm lean to the POH fuel flow numbers and wide open throttle at 7000-11000 feet eastbound or 6000-10000 westbound and I am really pleased with the results

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”