A2A is MIA

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Bones
Staff Sergeant

Re: A2A is MIA

Post by Bones »

Ron Attwood wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 16:57 There's your answer then. You wait until A2A have something you want. What do you do in the meantime? Golf I guess. :D
I Fortnite! :mrgreen:

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Bones wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 17:41
Ron Attwood wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 16:57 There's your answer then. You wait until A2A have something you want. What do you do in the meantime? Golf I guess. :D
I Fortnite! :mrgreen:
Is that still popular? It's doing well eh.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

bucky60
Airman

Post by bucky60 »

Me and others wanting to know, and letting A2A know we want to know and why we want to know, doesn't make us acting "ENTITLED".

You can want to know these things and still be reasonable.

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

bucky60 wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 17:56
Me and others wanting to know, and letting A2A know we want to know and why we want to know, doesn't make us acting "ENTITLED".

You can want to know these things and still be reasonable.
Interesting how the word "entitled" has hit home. Continually pushing for an answer with an "I want" attitude and trying to pin Scott down on what he has said, despite him explaining that he is unable to give one yet, is where it gets unreasonable. Just understanding and accepting that he will give one as soon as he can is a more reasonable and dare I say it more mature attitude.

bucky60
Airman

Post by bucky60 »

GrahamP wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 18:50 Interesting how the word "entitled" has hit home. Continually pushing for an answer with an "I want" attitude and trying to pin Scott down on what he has said, despite him explaining that he is unable to give one yet, is where it gets unreasonable. Just understanding and accepting that he will give one as soon as he can is a more reasonable and dare I say it more mature attitude.
His post had
"We just wish to know how long it will take and what plans they have.
It's not a big request after more than a year and a half that the sim is out."

That sounds neither entitled, unreasonable or immature. It's a reasonable question to ask. I'm not even sure how that tries to "pin Scott down". How about you stop trying to be the "Forum Police" and just let Scott, Lewis, etc handle it?

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

EDIT:

Not worth an answer.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

GrahamP
Senior Airman

Post by GrahamP »

Ron Attwood wrote: 06 Nov 2021, 17:24 Not worth an answer.
Agreed Ron, my thoughts exactly.

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

I'm staying with FSX and I am happy with FSX. All my A2A aircraft are in there as is Accu-feel and all Aircraft Factory Planes which I adore and sadly miss there have not been any new ones for a long long long time.
I think the last A2A plane released was the Bonanza or the Constellation but there has been nothing new since then.

It was interesting to read Scott's first post in this thread and how he and his team too were disappointed they could not be there and ready with FSXI (This is what I call it because it is FS 11). I'm not giving up the experience of A2A planes for anything. I'm sticking with FSX where I don't have to do endless updates and I can choose what I want to update and when and IF I want to update anything. I only have FSX default scenery, I don't are about the graphics at all, sure it might look nice but I'm a single player strictly offline flight simmer. The laptop comes withme so I can flight sim anywhere I want.

YOu might be thinking "but A2A have not released anything for FSX since the Bonanza or the Constellation". This is true. I bought them during their sales (I only buy during A2A sales infrequent that they are). Here is the next bit......... there was another person here in the thread that says they have not even flown all their own A2A purchased planes yet. I'm one of those as well. In fact, I only JUST installed the Constellation yesterday. I've still not even installed both Mustangs, P40, P47, Cherrokee, Comanche, 182, T6, Bonanza,The only thing I have installed is all Aircraft Factory, C172, B377, B17G, Piper Cub, Spitfire and of course Accu-Feel as it makes an INCREDIBLE difference with default FSX sea planes. So that's only 5 A2A accusim planes I even have installed until I installed the Constellation yesterday.

So I am late to the party with many planes. I bought them but they are just there waiting. They have been sitting there with their original installers for 4-5 years now. For me I still have 9 new planes to try play with.
Whilst A2A are still developing for the P3D platform, I don't expect any new plane to come out for FSX. I am a little surprised Aircraft Factory did not release new planes though. They are my favourite. Great price and if you use Accu-Feel......... WOW.

FSX + A2A is all I need.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

I just wanted to say that as of yesterday, thanks to our brilliant Michal Krawczyk and Mark Smith, we appear to be out of the woods with Accu-Sim and MSFS2020. It goes to show that there is almost nothing you can't do if you put your mind to it and don't give up.

Today for the first time, I took off and performed a bunch of maneuvers in the air, came back with a nice flare and landed in an all-new Accu-Sim Comanche 250. All major road blocks are cleared.

We were lucky, during this long dry spell of development the US military has been making huge use out of Accu-Sim technology as this has paid the bills at A2A. We have an Accu-Sim turboprop and turbojet already on the shelf that we can use for any future airplanes, thanks to this military development along with a lot of cool avionics.

So now that we have this Comanche 250 in place we can properly plan for MSFS development. Keep in mind that being brand new tech, systems and physics, it will take longer for this first airplane, which is why we chose the Comanche 250 since we know it so well. But once this airplane is out the Accu-Sim production line will be in place, so to speak.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

maxonly
Airman First Class

Post by maxonly »

That's major milestone. Great to hear!

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Let's Go!

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Scott - A2A wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 16:53 I just wanted to say that as of yesterday, thanks to our brilliant Michal Krawczyk and Mark Smith, we appear to be out of the woods with Accu-Sim and MSFS2020. It goes to show that there is almost nothing you can't do if you put your mind to it and don't give up.

Today for the first time, I took off and performed a bunch of maneuvers in the air, came back with a nice flare and landed in an all-new Accu-Sim Comanche 250. All major road blocks are cleared.

We were lucky, during this long dry spell of development the US military has been making huge use out of Accu-Sim technology as this has paid the bills at A2A. We have an Accu-Sim turboprop and turbojet already on the shelf that we can use for any future airplanes, thanks to this military development along with a lot of cool avionics.

So now that we have this Comanche 250 in place we can properly plan for MSFS development. Keep in mind that being brand new tech, systems and physics, it will take longer for this first airplane, which is why we chose the Comanche 250 since we know it so well. But once this airplane is out the Accu-Sim production line will be in place, so to speak.

Scott

All hail the Kings! :D

As you speak of the military, I'm currently getting my head into DCS and the US aircraft, A-10 and F-14. The weapon side systems are incredible to learn and I can only assume how difficult it is to develop such stuff for the REAL client. And the DCS flight model has reminded me of how much I miss Accusim in the new sim. Take your time, now that we know that we'll get our beloved Accusim back, we can wait much more patiently and relaxed than before! Outstanding!!

Bones
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bones »

I'm not crying. No, really. There's something in my eye. Thanks, Scott and company.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

That is some amazing news. Getting really excited for the Comanche in MSFS2020.

Can we expect the Comanche this year? 😅

Thanks and happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

alioth
Senior Airman

Post by alioth »

Scott - A2A wrote: 16 Nov 2021, 16:53 I took off and performed a bunch of maneuvers in the air, came back with a nice flare and landed in an all-new Accu-Sim Comanche 250. All major road blocks are cleared.
Tears in my eyes when I read it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Will the comanche has the same p3d avionics, systems, switches, circuit breakers, tanks options, etc? Time will say..

Arturo.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”