A2A is MIA

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Heater
Airman

A2A is MIA

Post by Heater »

Risking that to actually criticize A2A in this forum might well be akin to some sort of flight sim heresy, I am still compelled to voice my concern about a topic of continuing consternation.

I am very disappointed that MSFS 2020 has been out for more than a year and A2A is still MIA with a product for the sim.

And I must admit that the announcement regarding the planned Comanche was, for me anyway, underwhelming at best. Yes, I am sure it will be a much improved Comanche. But we have all been flying the P3D Comanche for years now, and the thought of another one for MSFS leaves me less than enthusiastic. This is particularly true in light of the fact that I (like so many other customers) was stoked for the promised MSFS Aerostar. And yes, I know there was a wheels up landing with the Aerostar that complicated the situation.

But I just hope that with all of the flight school and military business A2A is involved with that they have not lost sight of those who brought them to the dance - their loyal flight sim customers. The same folks who have watched with disappointment the continuing lack of an A2A aircraft for MSFS.

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: A2A is MIA

Post by Killratio »

<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

alexhepworth
Airman

Post by alexhepworth »

I too expected A2A aircraft before the first year anniversary of MSFS 2020. There's a lot of vagueness here in the forums from the A2A team, and I suspect they have their reasons for that. But there's a "roadblock" preventing them from moving forward that is only resolvable by a "third party." I would assume this roadblock is hindering A2A from bringing Accusim to MSFS 2020. Without Accusim, then A2A planes are no longer the best on the market, and there are already aircraft on the platform without Accusim. But we want Accusim. I would assume that the A2A team is just as, if not more, frustrated than their customer base. I would assume that the Commanche was chosen precisely for the purpose of bringing an A2A plane to the platform as quickly as possible, but that this has been delayed by the "roadblock."

ratty
Technical Sergeant

Post by ratty »

Perhaps because I go all the way back to Flight Simulator 2, more planes and prettier scenery are very low priorities for me. I already have more A2A aeroplanes than I have time to fly, so I don't mind waiting until A2A are allowed to do it right and FS20 becomes a real sim.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Actually? I could care less. P3D is good enough for me. Unless they make new warbirds exclusive to MFS and not P3D I shan't bother with it.

Steve.

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

I remember the same people asking A2A to move quickly to X-plane 11.
While MSFS is the real successor to FSX/P3D and is already gaining much more traction than X-plane ever did, it's still best for A2A to release something meaningful and not rushed.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

ratty wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 02:12 Perhaps because I go all the way back to Flight Simulator 2, more planes and prettier scenery are very low priorities for me. I already have more A2A aeroplanes than I have time to fly, so I don't mind waiting until A2A are allowed to do it right and FS20 becomes a real sim.
My sentiments exactly. Scenery is nice, but I care way more about accuracy in the airplane I am flying. That means Accusim.

Seeya
ATB

Genista
Airman First Class

Post by Genista »

I miss those development updates with the soothing voice of Scott proudly showing us how passionately they worked on the upcoming product, with teasers, behind-the-scenes stuff...

For nostalgy purpose: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6l9KSu2330

Now we know that they have something in the works... And that something has been blocking them...

A2A, we love you <3

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Genista wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 12:14 I miss those development updates with the soothing voice of Scott proudly showing us how passionately they worked on the upcoming product, with teasers, behind-the-scenes stuff...

Now we know that they have something in the works... And that something has been blocking them...

A2A, we love you <3
Hol' up... They had a F-4 Phantom planned in 2012?

Marvin-E34
Senior Airman

Post by Marvin-E34 »

twsharp12 wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 12:47
Genista wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 12:14 I miss those development updates with the soothing voice of Scott proudly showing us how passionately they worked on the upcoming product, with teasers, behind-the-scenes stuff...

A2A, we love you <3
Hol' up... They had a F-4 Phantom planned in 2012?
F-4, F-104, T-33 ... i know, it hurts.

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

When I look at screenshots on the Orbx forum many of the shots do not even have airplanes in them. Many just feature buildings including building interiors. You would naturally expect on the Orbx forum that scenery would be the main focus. There is very little discussion of aerodynamics and procedures. MFSF only pushes things further in that direction.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

bullfox wrote: 21 Sep 2021, 16:59 When I look at screenshots on the Orbx forum many of the shots do not even have airplanes in them. Many just feature buildings including building interiors. You would naturally expect on the Orbx forum that scenery would be the main focus. There is very little discussion of aerodynamics and procedures. MFSF only pushes things further in that direction.
That's because you're forbidden to post a screenshot there unless it shows a fair amount of ORBX scenery. On the surface, you'd have thought that would be acceptable (after all, they're hosting/paying for the site) but it does limit input to be predominantly ORBX-fanboi content, which is unfortunate. If I ever need to know anything about MSFS, I tend to go back to Avsim. If I need to know anything about aviation in general, I come here!!!
--
Image--Image

bullfox
Technical Sergeant

Post by bullfox »

That's true. As a result there is almost no discussion of aviation.
Ryzen 7 5800X3D liquid cooled, OC to 4.5 ghz, Radeon XFX 6900XT Black edition, 2 tb M2 drive, 32 gb ddr4 ram, Asus Hero Crosshair VIII mother board, and some other stuff I forget exactly what.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Heater wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 22:47I am very disappointed that MSFS 2020 has been out for more than a year and A2A is still MIA with a product for the sim.
Heater, myself and everyone at A2A agree with your sentiment which is why it's been so difficult on both us and our community for us having to remain so quiet. The time will come, sooner than later, when we can openly discuss what we've been working on. Since we have not yet been able to develop AccuSim for MSFS 2020, we had no choice to start developing for the US military (and other allied countries).

For the past 6 months our top priority is building our core business, that are airplanes we create for ourselves (and our community). We have four extremely interesting brand new airplanes in development, all of which we are 80-90% will end up on the MSFS 2020 platform. However until we have one final technical hurdle fixed, I can't make an announcement because if it turns out to not happen (the 10-20% possibility) we will have to take a different path other than MSFS 2020. We DO expect to know 100% within weeks now, not months.

Either way, A2A is far from going away and we burn more than ever to bring the tip of the spear back to our community. Nothing can stop us from doing that, it's just a matter of what path we take. And regardless, everyone here will know all about it and there won't be any NDAs standing between us.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

Scott - A2A wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 05:20
Heater wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 22:47I am very disappointed that MSFS 2020 has been out for more than a year and A2A is still MIA with a product for the sim.
Heater, myself and everyone at A2A agree with your sentiment which is why it's been so difficult on both us and our community for us having to remain so quiet. The time will come, sooner than later, when we can openly discuss what we've been working on. Since we have not yet been able to develop AccuSim for MSFS 2020, we had no choice to start developing for the US military (and other allied countries).

For the past 6 months our top priority is building our core business, that are airplanes we create for ourselves (and our community). We have four extremely interesting brand new airplanes in development, all of which we are 80-90% will end up on the MSFS 2020 platform. However until we have one final technical hurdle fixed, I can't make an announcement because if it turns out to not happen (the 10-20% possibility) we will have to take a different path other than MSFS 2020. We DO expect to know 100% within weeks now, not months.

Either way, A2A is far from going away and we burn more than ever to bring the tip of the spear back to our community. Nothing can stop us from doing that, it's just a matter of what path we take. And regardless, everyone here will know all about it and there won't be any NDAs standing between us.

Scott
Are you still developing consumer products for P3D though?

Br, Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”