ATC is not right in both sims

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

ATC is not right in both sims

Post by DHenriques_ »

In 2020 flying down the coast from the North into Daytona International yesterday I was cleared for a LEFT base into 25R.

In P3Dv5 tonight flying our P51 from Lanai into Honolulu International, ATC cleared me for a straight in to 26 WATER.
Over flying Daytona into a circling left base to 25R was unusual but possible, but putting a 51 down on 26 Water might have been a bit interesting. I mean that's a LONG swim over to the terminal building for lunch. LOL
Dudley Henriques

srburger
Airman

Re: ATC is not right in both sims

Post by srburger »

I hate it when that happens... dang VATSIM trainees!

Ken

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Water runways happen to me a lot in A2A planes. I believe I read about it years ago that A2A aircraft were built as amphibians to make ditching possible without the sim showing the crash notification. So ATC will naturally be smarter than you and assume that xou can land on water. I have completely stopped using default ATC for these reasons. It just doesn‘t work. Depending on the airport IFR Vectoring will also send you for CFIT.

Scav
Senior Airman

Post by Scav »

How about being cleared to land #2 following an aircraft that's behind you, then getting the go-around for no reason?

PA24 :: PA28 :: C182T :: BE35
"Tell me, have you ever met a Scav up close? Of course not . . ."

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Scav wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 18:13 How about being cleared to land #2 following an aircraft that's behind you, then getting the go-around for no reason?
Last night I was sent around twice as a number two with the plane that landed before me (seemingly refusing to exit the active :-))))))). I went around twice then landed with the plane still on the runway but up ahead of me.
I can't figure these things out. I don't remember FSX ever being this buggy with ATC. I'm getting to the point where I don't want to use ATC any longer and to just ignore them altogether.
It's a real shame actually. I believe I remember as far back as FS 2002 when ATC could actually give you a vector to the outer marker and an ILS localizer intercept. Seems like we're going backward as far as ATC interfacing is concerned. LOL :-)

Dudley Henriques

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 18:34
Scav wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 18:13 How about being cleared to land #2 following an aircraft that's behind you, then getting the go-around for no reason?
Last night I was sent around twice as a number two with the plane that landed before me (seemingly refusing to exit the active :-))))))). I went around twice then landed with the plane still on the runway but up ahead of me.
I can't figure these things out. I don't remember FSX ever being this buggy with ATC. I'm getting to the point where I don't want to use ATC any longer and to just ignore them altogether.
It's a real shame actually. I believe I remember as far back as FS 2002 when ATC could actually give you a vector to the outer marker and an ILS localizer intercept. Seems like we're going backward as far as ATC interfacing is concerned. LOL :-)

Dudley Henriques
MSFS AI traffic often simply stops after landing and then stays where it is.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

MarcE wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 19:02
DHenriquesA2A wrote: 07 Mar 2021, 18:34

Dudley Henriques
MSFS AI traffic often simply stops after landing and then stays where it is.
Asobo has a little work to do on these things. The basic sim is beautiful. The flight models are a bit too twitchy and of course the ATC issues but if they get these things under control this will be one HELL of a flight simulator !
DH

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”