Flying Via A2A Video

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
[email protected]
Airman First Class

Flying Via A2A Video

Post by [email protected] »

I am still in the learning process. I would like to see A2A make a video of a short pattern flight in a GA plane. The purpose is to show the process that the A2A Gurus use to go through the tasks and checklists for a flight. I see that the external cockpit view opens with various other windows open. What I want to see is the process that you use to fly one of your planes. How did you design the process and task flow to be used? I realize we can all do it any way we want but I'm sure many of us would learn something by watching an A2A expert do it. Just to be clear, the video is about the process order and windows and views used for a flight. Show us how you do it. Thank you.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Flying Via A2A Video

Post by MarcE »

I‘m not sure what you mean with all the process and views.

Basically a traffic circuit (or pattern in american english) is a clearly defined way to fly around the airport, either meant to leave it at some point or to complete it and land. There are standard circuits or published circuits on VFR charts of that airport.
I‘m sure there are hundreds of videos on youtube that explain how to fly a circuit.

If you want to know the details of a particular airplane normally the POH (pilots operation handbook) goes into detail when things diverge from standard. Usually you would drop the gear and first notch of flaps on downwind or extended base depending on how you enter the circuit. Then depending on the plane but you seldomly see more than 3 flaps positions on a GA plane. A C172 or 182 has 4, the upper postion included. Their use is being detailed in the POH. I agree we don‘t get a proper training in the sim for each type but therefore you can ask in this forum whatever you need to know ^^

Al FR-153
Technical Sergeant

Post by Al FR-153 »

Although you cannot fly an A2A aircraft during this, many of the questions you ask are answered in the FSX (box version) Learning Center, under the Lessons tab. They use a generic FSX C172 for the training classes, but there is nothing stopping you from doing further training in an A2A aircraft after you finish the lesson, and before you move on to the next lesson. Circuits/Patterns are in Lesson 4 if I recall correctly. I looked but not positive that it was #4. They do not cover the preflight. The preflight inspection as depicted by the A2A aircraft are in the A2A POH as previously stated. The inspection is to insure that you, the pilot, find faults that might exist (and frequently do) before leaving the ground. The preflight inspection is not a promise of a problem free flight. There never is a promise of that in real life or sim life flying. A2A has gone to great effort to attempt to teach the necessity of preflights. They have also gone to great efforts to make the aircraft fly in simulation as they would in real life. That cannot be said of the stock/generic FSX aircraft or 3rd party aircraft from many vendors. Enjoy your learning process.

Al
Al Heline

Image Image Image Image Image Image

[email protected]
Airman First Class

Thanks for the replies Gentlemen! I was referring to how to manage the sim, windows, views, etc. A look over the shoulder view as an A2A expert goes through the processes and tasks of a GA flight. Teaching and learning by example.

wblackret
Staff Sergeant

Post by wblackret »

You can also go to YouTube and search SIM CFI. He does a pretty good job and uses some of the A2A GA aircraft (and others). Checking the hanger, doing the preflight and checking the Pilots Operating Handbook are a good way to prepare for your flight.
In my opinion, in general, the process is basically the same for all aircraft. Of course per aircraft different things are checked, but the flow is pretty much the same. As far as managing windows and such, I think that becomes more of a personal preference.
Bill Black

C172,C182,250 Comanche,J3 Cub,P-40,Bonanza
MSFS, P3Dv4.5
JETLINE GT2
W10,Z390 PRO MB,9TH GEN I7 9700K 4.9 GHZ (OC),KRAKEN M22 120 MHZ CPU LC,32 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 3200 GHZ RAM, EVGA 8 GB RTX 2070 SUPER,850 WATT CORSAIR PS,2TB CORSAIR SSD.

[email protected]
Airman First Class

Thanks for the reply Bill Black. Good Idea! I like SimCFI. He does great videos.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Maajr: Go to this website and download all kinds of cool aeronautical knowledge: https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policie ... /aviation/.

The Pilot's Handbook of Aeronautical Knowledge is a good place to start: https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policie ... tion/phak/.

I downloaded the whole thing, and I refer to it quite often. Also, here's Sim CFI demonstrating flying the landing pattern in an A2A Cherokee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCA-dYlie78&t=1112s.

Keep your flightchops sharp!

Seeya
ATB

[email protected]
Airman First Class

Thx Paughco. Working on my PPL so I am familiar with all the FAA publications. Will watch the SimCFI Cherokee video. Thx.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”