Learning to fly the Connie

The "Queen of the Skies"
flapman
Staff Sergeant

Re: Learning to fly the Connie

Post by flapman »

trisho0 wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 15:43to intercept navaids is not my responsibility, is it?.
I don't understand this question, can you ask again?

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

flapman wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 16:05
trisho0 wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 15:43to intercept navaids is not my responsibility, is it?.
I don't understand this question, can you ask again?
You missed (lol). OK, example NAV1 sends morse code beeps when the navaids is identified. Navaids as a radio sends signals to Connie and she tells me about via NAV1. So, it is Connie's responsibility yes or yes?
I am going to test that CL navaids with P3Dv4.5
Pat

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

FlapMan, I flew the following FPL in P3Dv4.5

RJBE
OSE 109.85/093@205nm
CL 200KHz/[email protected]
RJTT ---- [email protected]

OSE and CL did send Morse code signals.
FSX is the troublemaker with KOBE Airport (lol).

P3D RJBE-RJTT success

But, after passing CL the DME was is backward. Should I add a Radio Beacon after CL?
Pat

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

Hello Trev, are you OK?
Pat

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

Congratulations on the successful flight Pat
trisho0 wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 19:48 after passing CL the DME was is backward.
Can you explain what this means? I don't understand.

Do you use the ILS gauge in flight too, or just DRMI?

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

flapman wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 20:12 Congratulations on the successful flight Pat
trisho0 wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 19:48 after passing CL the DME was is backward.
Can you explain what this means? I don't understand.

Do you use the ILS gauge in flight too, or just DRMI?
I paid attention on both Gauges but the GlideSlope never was working so no ILS landing. DME counter was increasing right after passed CL radio beacon.
I will repeat the flight after adding VOR, HME 112.2/[email protected] at the end of the plan. ( the added RJTT ---- [email protected] makes confusing)
So, the next flight plan will be as:

RJBE
OSE 109.85/093@205nm
CL 200KHz/[email protected]
HME 112.2/[email protected]
RJTT

Pat

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

trisho0 wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 20:34DME counter was increasing right after passed CL radio beacon.
That doesn't make sense. CL does not use DME. What frequency was the DME tuned to? Was it DME1 or DME2?
I will repeat the flight after adding VOR, HME 112.2/[email protected] at the end of the plan. ( the added RJTT ---- [email protected] makes confusing)
Why? You reach CL and you turn to heading of 332 or 335. The airport is a little over 10 miles directly in front of you... perhaps a little to the left considering you turn after reaching CL...

I mean do you use the ILS (Range) needle when flying between RJBE and OSE? Between OSE and CL?

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

flapman wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 20:55
trisho0 wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 20:34DME counter was increasing right after passed CL radio beacon.
That doesn't make sense. CL does not use DME. What frequency was the DME tuned to? Was it DME1 or DME2?
Why? You reach CL and you turn to heading of 332 or 335. The airport is a little over 10 miles directly in front of you... perhaps a little to the left considering you turn after reaching CL...

I mean do you use the ILS (Range) needle when flying between RJBE and OSE? Between OSE and CL?
Oops!.... I thought DRMI is related with LF/VOR needles right? I am talking about DME I learned we call that on the distance counter little "gauge". Correct? Then, I said DME was counting in backward I mean not counting the remaining distance of 11.2nm left to continue. It was counting like 10, 9, 8, 7, etc.... I should said DME Counter I guess.
DRMI LF1 was fine the Orange needle because I tuned ADF1 to 200 KHZ.
I know the airport was right at front of Connie but no ILS and G/S to follow. I didn't use ILS in all the journey even the Localizer was close to the center because of the Course at 093 and when CL beeped I turned to Course 043 following the Orange needle. But, no ILS to follow. I thought CL is an ILS navaid it didn't work as intended. OK, I will not add extra radio beacon. I will fly in a moment, flash speed (lol). I might did something wrong in the past flight.
I will report you.
Pat

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

flapman wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 20:55 I mean do you use the ILS (Range) needle when flying between RJBE and OSE? Between OSE and CL?
No I don't.
Pat

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

trisho0 wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 21:39
flapman wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 20:55 I mean do you use the ILS (Range) needle when flying between RJBE and OSE? Between OSE and CL?
No I don't.
Pat
Why not?

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

flapman wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 22:36
trisho0 wrote: 26 Sep 2020, 21:39
No I don't.
Pat
Why not?
I don't use the Omnibearing ILS gauge flying between RJBE and OSE and between OSE and CL because I prioritize the DRMI LF1 Orange needle from CL navaid which I forward it accordingly.
From the Omnibearing ILS I see the Localizer is pointing to the side but I am not flying following the Localizer needle, should I? If so, then I should stop following DRMI needles.
Am I doing wrong? I think I am tired tonight. Just flew again and experienced the same ILS problem. I might have to change the plan and to make VOR to VOR instead because CL NDB is not working for me.
Or, to fly again but with "visual red boxes". If not visible red boxes then that mean the CL Radio Beacon has only an ILS Project in Japan (lol).
Rest well.
Pat

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

I added the VOR HME 112.20 and the DME counter was just fine counting as I expected. CL navaids is NDB without ILS (lol).
During this flight I did some mistakes I know that. Uploaded this video just to show I got for the very first time something weird.
One engine was loosing MP power. What should I do? I thought to shutdown the engine and crank over again on airborne. Also, at landing I found another airplane started to take-off and I thought to do GA but before going to climb I saw the other plane was climbing already. If I climb the other plane could hit my tail (lol). I didn't climb and decided to land safely.
Any thoughts are welcome now (lol).

P3D RJBE-RJTT NDB not working as ILS
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D-H2ig ... sp=sharing
Pat

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

At 28:30 you show with mouse you know the course is to the right. The airplane is left of course.
Why do you not turn right?

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

flapman wrote: 27 Sep 2020, 20:43 At 28:30 you show with mouse you know the course is to the right. The airplane is left of course.
Why do you not turn right?
I was climbing. Using VOR2 the Green needle pointing to course 093. Why should I turn right? I am thinking now doing something wrong. Should I turn right until the Localizer is centered? If so, I will not be in course 093. Confused now.... I should go back to DRMI and to go course 093 again.
Pat
Last edited by trisho0 on 27 Sep 2020, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

I flew RJAA-RJTT to see if CL navaids works as ILS (I know is NDB but maybe the radio station is down)
At this next video the CL navaids was working but not as ILS. I think I am missing something but no clue yet.

RJAA
CL 200 KHz/224 @29.1nm
RJTT 335 @11.2nm

I tuned 112.2 to get the DME from HME (VOR)
Any suggestions?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DznjVJ ... sp=sharing
Pat

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Constellation”