What's with the forum logo?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: What's with the forum logo?

Post by Scott - A2A »

She is probably cached on your local system. We've wanted to expand her and A2A's image beyond this single picture for some time. We're not doing away with her by any means but while we are in this re-design we've put the P-40 logo up there. This P-40 image was created by A2A's Robert Rogalski.

Scot
A2A Simulations Inc.

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

Scott, did you think about making a physical calendar with her to sell? Or maybe a calender holder that ppl can put those generic calender sheets on? :)
Last edited by Buffy Foster on 26 Sep 2020, 09:38, edited 1 time in total.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

She should be on the nose of that A2A B-25 Mitchell, when it finally comes out.

Seeya
ATB (a.k.a. Bad Grampa)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

The aviation (and flight sim) industry is still heavily male dominant and we want to do our part to promote more women in aviation. So we'd like to expand her into other aviation related roles, professional.

This picture was inspired from WWII Nose Art which is also something we will always preserve at A2A as WWII aviation is our heritage. When we chose her we were thinking of those young kids thrown into life threatening missions and having a beautiful woman painted on their aircraft helped to give them hope. She is paying homage to these young kids that never had a chance to live a full life. Some people see her differently and that's OK. But I do believe anyone who has had issues with this, who really doesn't know much about WWII history will actually like what we do moving forward. We are doing it because it is something we've wanted to do for some time (I do want the nose art version to have a little more clothing like a skirt) and just haven't managed to get around to doing it until now.

The goal is for her to come back better than ever but in many different ways.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

Buffy Foster

Post by Buffy Foster »

I hope you'll keep her like she already is as well, though; girls like pretty, too.

My dad likes the WW2 movies and I watch those with him and there's lots of those little things that the soldiers, airmen, sailors, and Marines did to remind them of what they were figthing for back home. The nose art is the most famous, but there's the locker pin-ups, the wardroom pinups that everybody taps on the way out to go into battle, etc. I don't find it "problematic" or "offensive" at all and it doesn't make me not like flying. Plus, Wonder Woman is beautiful and smexy and still badazz. :)

Adding some more pretty outfits would be cool though, too. Like mechanic jumpsuit, uniform with [maybe a bit shorter than regulation] skirt, etc? :)

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Or maybe give her a flying jacket and goggles (something like that)?

My own wife was convinced she (the original gal) wasn't wearing pants.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

I guess I’m neutral here. I don’t mind her there and I don’t mind her gone. For me it’s about the accusim planes.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

sniper31
Airman

Post by sniper31 »

I am simply a fan of WWII nose art in all it's varieties :)

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bruce66 »

Medtner wrote: 24 Sep 2020, 16:34 I'd prefer it to be a hot military stud... I guess y'all would be on board, eh?
Excellent idea!

One from Top Gun and the volleyball scene!

It would be about time....
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Bruce66 wrote: 29 Sep 2020, 04:43
Medtner wrote: 24 Sep 2020, 16:34 I'd prefer it to be a hot military stud... I guess y'all would be on board, eh?
Excellent idea!

Actually, the P-40 is a bit of a stud, methinks. :-P All oily, sweaty, and loud. ;-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Post by Bruce66 »

Medtner wrote: 29 Sep 2020, 04:54
Bruce66 wrote: 29 Sep 2020, 04:43
Excellent idea!

Actually, the P-40 is a bit of a stud, methinks. :-P All oily, sweaty, and loud. ;-)
I don't know...those in line engines are quite feminine. You need at radial engine, preferably two radial engines, for manliness (unless you put chrome hubs on them - ugh!).

Now I just being silly!
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”