Need recommendation on Orbx scenery please

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Need recommendation on Orbx scenery please

Post by DHenriques_ »

Just installed P3D Academic version 5.
I would like to enhance my local area beyond what I can set in defaults. I'm in Northeast US around Philadelphia and fly out of KILG in Delaware. I'd like to enhance the land class and anything else you might recommend for me that will make flying in my area a bit nicer. And can you advise on what order to install these sceneries please?

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Re: Need recommendation on Orbx scenery please

Post by BPL »

Check these out, Dudley:

Global BASE Pack

Global Vector

Global openLC North America

I'm not sure if installation order matters, but if you get all of those, I would install them in the order listed above. (Global BASE Pack is required for the other two products.) They also have products that enhance buildings and trees, if you're interested in that.

I hope that helps. :D Feel free to ask me if you have any other questions. (And I'm sure many others here could help as well.)

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

BPL wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 18:14 Check these out, Dudley:

Global BASE Pack

Global Vector

I'm not sure if installation order matters, but if you get all of those, I would install them in the order listed above. (Global BASE Pack is required for the other two products.) They also have products that enhance buildings and trees, if you're interested in that.

I hope that helps. :D Feel free to ask me if you have any other questions. (And I'm sure many others here could help as well.)
Many thanks. This is a great help !
D

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Post by BPL »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 18:20
BPL wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 18:14 Check these out, Dudley:

Global BASE Pack

Global Vector

Many thanks. This is a great help !
D
Happy to help, Dudley! :D

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

ORBX also has KSNC Chester Airport in New York and KHVN in Connecticut.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 19:22 ORBX also has KSNC Chester Airport in New York and KHVN in Connecticut.
Thanks much. Just downloaded the Global, Vector, and LC. Looks much better !

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Now that the sim is up and running, and you have your Orbx-ducks in a row, it's time to choose airplane.

May I suggest the airplanes from a little, but very brilliant company, called A2A Simulations? They have a spectacular model of the P-51, for a starter... ;-)

(haha - just reading through for clarity of joke, and I saw "the P-51, for a starter". It's not for "a starter", that's what the Cub is for. Then the AT6. Then, perhaps, the P-51. --- so much for making a joke :-P)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

Have you considered photoreal Megascenery for this area? It's good stuff and considerably cheaper than the Orbx packages.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Hobart Escin wrote: 22 Aug 2020, 20:41 Have you considered photoreal Megascenery for this area? It's good stuff and considerably cheaper than the Orbx packages.
Already bought the Orbx Hobart. Looks ok for what I want and I have my A2A planes now so I'm a very happy camper ! :-)

ThreeGreenGaming
Airman

Post by ThreeGreenGaming »

Another thing to potentially consider (albeit on the opposite coast) are all of the TrueEarth scenery packages that they have that implements ortho scenery into the sim. It is extremely nice.
RW CFI/CFII
Founder - Three Green Gaming
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/threegreengaming
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjGbX ... AdprNNwqXQ

Founder - The Flightsim Community Podcast : http://flightsimcommunitypodcast.com/

BPL
Staff Sergeant

Post by BPL »

Glad to hear you got it all installed and are enjoying the scenery, Dudley! 8)

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Hi Dudley

so you can get the best educated info I strongly recommend you to the Orbxdirect.com site for your enquiries; Forum/General Discussion; Forum/Prepar3D forum/s

Here you'll get speedy advice from experts such as Nick Cooper, Doug Sawatzky.

For your info I've got GLOBAL Base Pack; Buildings HD, TerraFlorav2, Trees HD
OTHER Libraries, (ObjectFlow, SODEsimobjectdisplayengine)
REGIONS; England, Ireland etc
AIRPORTS: LeedsBradford etc

I remember buying the GLOBAL stuff but I think "OTHER" just happens. I am not an authority on this but i think, because I have REGIONS, then I did not need to buy VECTOR and there was a reason for that decision (but i can't remember why; you should check this out though.

Orbx recent AIRPORTS are brilliant.

I'm staying with P3D4v3 at the moment cos everything works wonderfully (and Orbx have so far limited products for P3D5; thought they will convert all their stuff, I'm sure)

Their stuff is installed in that sequence: Global then Region then Airport.

Never be embarrassed to ask Nick , Doug etc the most basic/fundamental question. (Beware other folks chucking in red herrings though; putting in their two pennies worth)

Privileged to correspond with you. Extremely glad to read that you and wife's health is better; you can't beat steak 'n chips!

Rod
EGBB (thank god it's Autumn and it's fresh air)

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

rod321 wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 06:32 Hi Dudley

so you can get the best educated info I strongly recommend you to the Orbxdirect.com site for your enquiries; Forum/General Discussion; Forum/Prepar3D forum/s

Here you'll get speedy advice from experts such as Nick Cooper, Doug Sawatzky.

For your info I've got GLOBAL Base Pack; Buildings HD, TerraFlorav2, Trees HD
OTHER Libraries, (ObjectFlow, SODEsimobjectdisplayengine)
REGIONS; England, Ireland etc
AIRPORTS: LeedsBradford etc

I remember buying the GLOBAL stuff but I think "OTHER" just happens. I am not an authority on this but i think, because I have REGIONS, then I did not need to buy VECTOR and there was a reason for that decision (but i can't remember why; you should check this out though.

Orbx recent AIRPORTS are brilliant.

I'm staying with P3D4v3 at the moment cos everything works wonderfully (and Orbx have so far limited products for P3D5; thought they will convert all their stuff, I'm sure)

Their stuff is installed in that sequence: Global then Region then Airport.

Never be embarrassed to ask Nick , Doug etc the most basic/fundamental question. (Beware other folks chucking in red herrings though; putting in their two pennies worth)

Privileged to correspond with you. Extremely glad to read that you and wife's health is better; you can't beat steak 'n chips!

Rod
EGBB (thank god it's Autumn and it's fresh air)
Thank you very much. Presently I'm having a bit of trouble getting onto the Orbx website forums as I appear to have a prevous user name and password registered from years ago. I'll work that out. :-)
DH

Mickel
Staff Sergeant

Post by Mickel »

Don't forget the dozens of airports in the (free) Global Airport pack (I'm assuming it works in V5 too...).

Mike
Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, Civvie 'stang, P-40, B-377 COTS, Spitfire, Connie, T-6, C-172, C-182, D-III, Anson, F4U

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Mickel wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 07:23 Don't forget the dozens of airports in the (free) Global Airport pack (I'm assuming it works in V5 too...).

Mike
Unfortunately, the Global Airport Pack is not yet released for v5, as of now. I do miss that pack, as they did many interesting destinations with perfectly adequate representation.

To be honest, I find many of the default airports in v5 very bad indeed. I've had some airports that are supposed to be fairly reasonable size with just a one or two GA stands, and many smaller airports that have completely unrecognizable apron and stand configurations.

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”