EULA Question: Recompiling A2A aircraft for FS2020?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
HarryVoyager
Airman

EULA Question: Recompiling A2A aircraft for FS2020?

Post by HarryVoyager »

So, it looks like getting an FSX aircraft into FS2020 may be possible, but will involve some conversion with the FS2020 dev kit.

Before I start trying to figure out how to do that, I just want to check, is that permissable under the A2A EULAs, provided that one has the license to use the aircraft in either FSX or P3D?

Thank you,

Harry Voyager

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Re: EULA Question: Recompiling A2A aircraft for FS2020?

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Another issue may be that there's no sdk yet and getting into the files is annoying lol as they are locked but I found a way lol. I wouldn't see a2a having an issue to be fair seen as they aren't going to do it themselves we might as well be allowed to give it a try!
AKA "Memey"

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

HarryVoyager wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 09:21 So, it looks like getting an FSX aircraft into FS2020 may be possible, but will involve some conversion with the FS2020 dev kit.

Before I start trying to figure out how to do that, I just want to check, is that permissable under the A2A EULAs, provided that one has the license to use the aircraft in either FSX or P3D?
We're going through what works and what doesn't in terms of our existing fleet with 2020, but it's a process of testing things and compiling a list of results. If it turns out things work 100% then we would likely bring the entire fleet into 2020 rather quickly. There are still things being worked out with 2020 in terms of this compatibility.

In the meantime we don't want people moving planes in for several reasons. One is the files are only licensed for the platform they were designed for. The other is we don't want a 1/2 baked version out there with our name on it.

If the process is simple then we would likely make official installers for a much reduced price. If there are big issues, then we will just have to see what is possible. But again, as of right now we are in the midst of doing these tests to see where things stand.

But clearly, from our POV we would love to fly our Accu-Sim airplanes in 2020. We will keep you updated and thank you also for asking. I would expect to hear something definitive from us very soon.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 15:45 We're going through what works and what doesn't in terms of our existing fleet with 2020, but it's a process of testing things and compiling a list of results. If it turns out things work 100% then we would likely bring the entire fleet into 2020 rather quickly. There are still things being worked out with 2020 in terms of this compatibility.

In the meantime we don't want people moving planes in for several reasons. One is the files are only licensed for the platform they were designed for. The other is we don't want a 1/2 baked version out there with our name on it.

If the process is simple then we would likely make official installers for a much reduced price. If there are big issues, then we will just have to see what is possible. But again, as of right now we are in the midst of doing these tests to see where things stand.

But clearly, from our POV we would love to fly our Accu-Sim airplanes in 2020. We will keep you updated and thank you also for asking. I would expect to hear something definitive from us very soon.

Scott
Crossing my fingers. Good luck

Muwarr90
Airman

Post by Muwarr90 »

Scott - A2A wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 15:45
HarryVoyager wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 09:21 So, it looks like getting an FSX aircraft into FS2020 may be possible, but will involve some conversion with the FS2020 dev kit.

We're going through what works and what doesn't in terms of our existing fleet with 2020, but it's a process of testing things and compiling a list of results. If it turns out things work 100% then we would likely bring the entire fleet into 2020 rather quickly. There are still things being worked out with 2020 in terms of this compatibility.

Scott
That it's even a possibility is the best news I have heard all day! (Not that the bar is all that high this year..)

Jeffryintveld
Airman First Class

Post by Jeffryintveld »

Lets hope its a easy progress to transfer them over! People are already thirsty for study level planes in MSF2020!

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

Outstanding news!

ThreeGreenGaming
Airman

Post by ThreeGreenGaming »

Scott

This is great news! Hopefully behind the scenes the process actually may go better than planned. This sim is beautiful, but desperately needs some A2A aircraft in there to bring some actual system depth.
RW CFI/CFII
Founder - Three Green Gaming
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/threegreengaming
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjGbX ... AdprNNwqXQ

Founder - The Flightsim Community Podcast : http://flightsimcommunitypodcast.com/

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Scott

Excellent news, Scott. :D :D Looking forward to your update when you can.

Cheers,
Michael
ImageImageImageImage

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Just arrived with a plane full of good luck. Where do you need me to park?
Cheers
Trev

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Scott - A2A wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 15:45We're going through what works and what doesn't in terms of our existing fleet with 2020, but it's a process of testing things and compiling a list of results. If it turns out things work 100% then we would likely bring the entire fleet into 2020 rather quickly. There are still things being worked out with 2020 in terms of this compatibility.
Wait... you mean we might get A2A aircraft in MSFS sooner than later? I was beginning to think this was going to be a major process taking years.

This is the best news I've heard yet. I may have to buy MSFS. :D

Hook

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Scott
Good to read, you make my day ! Looking forward with anticipation to the Aerostar is one thing but leaving behind the 51, the T6, the Comanche, the Skylane etc would be sad.Having the A2A fleet in the new sim sooner than later would be sensational. And if it has a price, so be it. Any good work deserves a good salary :) .
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Dominique wrote: 20 Aug 2020, 08:20

Scott
Good to read, you make my day ! Looking forward with anticipation to the Aerostar is one thing but leaving behind the 51, the T6, the Comanche, the Skylane etc would be sad.Having the A2A fleet in the new sim sooner than later would be sensational. And if it has a price, so be it. Any good work deserves a good salary :) .
I'd pay for the whole fleet all over again to bring it over to FS2020. I've really been playing with it and it's truly something special. I love Prepar3d, but I think it will soon be time to put it out to pasture. MS2020 gives me all the tools I need in one application to make a complete flying experience.

I do wonder, if they bring over the old planes, how the icing effect and rain effect on the windshield will be represented, if at all.

Fast_Eddy
Airman Basic

Post by Fast_Eddy »

Yay!!!!!!!!!

Raven214
Airman

Post by Raven214 »

Scott
Exciting news! I was under the impression the entire fleet was lost in terms of FS2020, and while I understand this is nothing concrete, it does give me some hope. Here's hoping for more good news in the near future, and possibly an update on the Aerostar?
ImageImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”