FS2020 A2A Aircraft

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: FS2020 A2A Aircraft

Post by bladerunner900 »

Mantock wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 03:54 I agree BigT,

I would have liked to see some sort of a classic radial at least. But we'll just have to wait for devs to bring stuff into the new platform.

-peter
Unfortunately, yes. I also see A2A going full GA with this new one. Hope I'm wrong about that. A word of encouragement from the team would help alleviate my worries about now.

Steve.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

I would be incredibly happy with just my beloved T-6 fully updated to take advantage of all MSFS features, with an option for a whip antenna or two included if possible. That always bugged the heck out of me. :mrgreen:

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

There's a big advantage to A2A if they never put any of their existing aircraft onto FS2020: They won't have to answer a single question about "Why do I have to pay full price for the FS2020 airplane if I already have that airplane for FSX/P3D."

If I were in charge (and we're all glad that I'm not!) I'd never modify/update/transmogrify an existing A2A aircraft for FS2020. That said, I don't think I could buy a flight simulator that doesn't have the capability to run Army 155, my glorious P-40B. Waiting for it to come out for P3D v4 was almost unbearable.

Seeya
ATB :lol:

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Paughco wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 13:18 There's a big advantage to A2A if they never put any of their existing aircraft onto FS2020: They won't have to answer a single question about "Why do I have to pay full price for the FS2020 airplane if I already have that airplane for FSX/P3D."

If I were in charge (and we're all glad that I'm not!) I'd never modify/update/transmogrify an existing A2A aircraft for FS2020. That said, I don't think I could buy a flight simulator that doesn't have the capability to run Army 155, my glorious P-40B. Waiting for it to come out for P3D v4 was almost unbearable.

Seeya
ATB :lol:
Right there with you Mr. Paughco. It's tough for me to consider moving from P3Dv5 since as A2A has said, they won't be porting over their current product line. Imagine a life without an accu-simmed Spit, P-40, Mustang, 182, Commanche, and V-tail... Not worth all the scenery in the world!

ThreeGreenGaming
Airman

Post by ThreeGreenGaming »

Piper_EEWL wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 10:25 If that is still the case it is a real shame. From what I can see MSFS2020 will be a leap for VFR flyers and I can’t think of any better planes than the A2A fleet for that. If we don’t get them in MSFS2020 it’ll be a real loss. Quite disappointing to be honest...
I am sure the aircraft will eventually be ported over with time. It isn't realistic for A2A to be able to have all airplanes ready on day one to work in the new sim, nor could they have predicted years ago when originally coding these aircraft that they would have to worry about forward compatibility with what seemed like a dead "forever" Microsoft Flight Sim franchise.

I am sure we will be seeing some amazing A2A aircraft in the line up for MSFS soon enough. After all, these guys want to sell airplanes :D
RW CFI/CFII
Founder - Three Green Gaming
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/threegreengaming
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNjGbX ... AdprNNwqXQ

Founder - The Flightsim Community Podcast : http://flightsimcommunitypodcast.com/

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

ThreeGreenGaming wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 13:45
Piper_EEWL wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 10:25 If that is still the case it is a real shame. From what I can see MSFS2020 will be a leap for VFR flyers and I can’t think of any better planes than the A2A fleet for that. If we don’t get them in MSFS2020 it’ll be a real loss. Quite disappointing to be honest...
I am sure the aircraft will eventually be ported over with time. It isn't realistic for A2A to be able to have all airplanes ready on day one to work in the new sim, nor could they have predicted years ago when originally coding these aircraft that they would have to worry about forward compatibility with what seemed like a dead "forever" Microsoft Flight Sim franchise.

I am sure we will be seeing some amazing A2A aircraft in the line up for MSFS soon enough. After all, these guys want to sell airplanes :D
There will be no ports at all, as stated many times. If they do decide to bring in old planes, it will be a brand new product as the development tools will be completely different from past versions.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

twsharp12 wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 13:58There will be no ports at all, as stated many times. If they do decide to bring in old planes, it will be a brand new product as the development tools will be completely different from past versions.
All new is fine, but I'm not really interested in anything GA. Just as most are not interested in the older stuff no doubt. I think I'm in for a long wait.

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

All new is fine, but I'm not really interested in anything GA. Just as most are not interested in the older stuff no doubt. I think I'm in for a long wait.
And wait we shall!

ThreeGreenGaming
Airman

twsharp12 wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 13:58

There will be no ports at all, as stated many times. If they do decide to bring in old planes, it will be a brand new product as the development tools will be completely different from past versions.
I was mis-understood above. By port I didn't mean just a patch per se, but imagine that one day we will be seeing some of the most popular planes "redeveloped" for MSFS. I doubt we will live in a world without an A2A C172 or C182 for the new sim.
RW CFI/CFII

Founder - The Flightsim Community Podcast : http://flightsimcommunitypodcast.com/

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

ThreeGreenGaming wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 14:35
twsharp12 wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 13:58

I was mis-understood above. By port I didn't mean just a patch per se, but imagine that one day we will be seeing some of the most popular planes "redeveloped" for MSFS. I doubt we will live in a world without an A2A C172 or C182 for the new sim.
Ahh OK. I see. I do think they should be the Skyhawk and Cherokee as priority for new development. They're essentials.

ThreeGreenGaming
Airman

The comanche is what truly has my heart. Can't beat the character of that beast. :D
RW CFI/CFII

Solareagle
Senior Airman

Post by Solareagle »

I'm definitely in the warbird camp. I mostly quit buying when A2A turned to GA but I keep hoping. Its mind blowing how much fun I had in my 20's with the old FS9 WWII Fighters pack, and that's what its been about for me ever since.
A man's dreams are an index to his greatness.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

The scenery is great in FS2020, but it really matters to have a good aircraft to fly over it. There are times when I might prefer to fly an A2A aircraft over P3Dv4 default scenery rather than the Cessna 152 over FS2020. And I'd prefer to fly the A2A Cub than the ones in FS2020.

Hook

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

Hook wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 21:42 The scenery is great in FS2020, but it really matters to have a good aircraft to fly over it. There are times when I might prefer to fly an A2A aircraft over P3Dv4 default scenery rather than the Cessna 152 over FS2020. And I'd prefer to fly the A2A Cub than the ones in FS2020.

Hook
I watched streams all night and it seems the same as if I browsed the world in google earth. The sim needs a lot of love from developers to even get close to what we currently have with P3D

HarryVoyager
Airman

Post by HarryVoyager »

HE11DUDE04 wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 04:12
gordonb wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 03:00 Hi

So with the immanent release of FS2020 can i install my A2A aircraft into this product or are A2A going to give us a new install for FS2020? Also will my A2A aircraft be compatable both with the Steam version and the XBox Microsoft version?

Thanks for your time

Gordon.
I heard there will be a "legacy mode" to allow for a little bit of backwards compatibility with old addons but a2a is so complicated it most likely won't work and even if it did I don't know how addons would even work on the xbox version.
Ok, so now that the game is out, what do we need to do to try it out? How were aircraft added in FSX?

Thank you,

Harry Voyager.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”