Will the Aerostar 600 be available for FSX?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Will the Aerostar 600 be available for FSX?

Post by Nick - A2A »

Jenya77,

Scott has already explained our position on this matter and I'm afraid that repeated posts by you won't change it. We don't accept prepayment for products, especially ones we're unlikely to develop.

FSX has a special place in the hearts of many of us here, myself included, but we can't remain constrained by its limitations forever.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

canuck
Airman

Post by canuck »

It is a great shame that FSX is being relegated to the 'legacy' category, considering that both FS9 and FSX were the platforms that gave A2A the commercial and knowledge footprint to be able to succeed.. And they have succeeded!.. A2A aircraft are the backbone of my hangar fleet.. The same is happening with Orbx Scenery; FSX is done.. Updates continue, but no new development.. I understand what both Scott and Nick are saying; but, the investment the FSX community has made to the industry is very large and the cost of upping to the next new 'toy' gets prohibitive considering what has already been spent.. Never mind the new platform needed to play... I was really looking forward to the Aerostar, actually got a few hours in one back in the mid 80's, really exciting aircraft.. I will hold onto any hope, regardless how small, but I am also a realist; I would like to think that there are still enough FSX users out there to buy the Aerostar, and cover the development costs, but I do not know there is.. We are a dying breed :D

Glenn Reed
Propliners Rule !!..

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Yes. The. Struggle. Is. Real
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

Yes a shame about FSX. I keep FSX along with V4 and V5 only because there are many aircraft I enjoy flying that are in FSX only. Who knows maybe enough of them will move over to P3D for me to say goodbye to a long time friend. I doubt it though.
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

So far I've followed the A2A Spitfire from one sim to another. If it appears in the new one, in some form or other, I will follow again. But not until then.

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

canuck wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 23:32 It is a great shame that FSX is being relegated to the 'legacy' category, considering that both FS9 and FSX were the platforms that gave A2A the commercial and knowledge footprint to be able to succeed.. And they have succeeded!.. A2A aircraft are the backbone of my hangar fleet.. The same is happening with Orbx Scenery; FSX is done.. Updates continue, but no new development.. I understand what both Scott and Nick are saying; but, the investment the FSX community has made to the industry is very large and the cost of upping to the next new 'toy' gets prohibitive considering what has already been spent.. Never mind the new platform needed to play... I was really looking forward to the Aerostar, actually got a few hours in one back in the mid 80's, really exciting aircraft.. I will hold onto any hope, regardless how small, but I am also a realist; I would like to think that there are still enough FSX users out there to buy the Aerostar, and cover the development costs, but I do not know there is.. We are a dying breed :D

Glenn Reed
"Oh no! Such a shame that 14 year old software is being relegated to the past." Give me a break. I have spent as much money as the next guy in addons for FS9, 10, and P3D, and guess what? I just completely uninstalled P3D from my computer a couple of days ago, with zero regrets, to make room for MSFS. I have preordered my Premium Deluxe version, and await it with baited breath. FSX is stone age in terms of technology compared to MSFS. You're argument is as akin to saying, "Keep you horseless carriage, I will stick with my mule." Living in the past gets you nowhere, because there is no future in it. Embrace change, and be glad that there are companies that are giving flight simulators any attention at all. There has not been this many different flight simulators on the market since the old days of Jane's Longbow, F-15, and F-18. If you are not careful, they won't card you guys anymore, they'll just use carbon dating.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

FSX and P3Dv4/5 can exist on the same computer. So can FSX and the new MSFS. You're really only limited by hard drive space and even that is upgradable.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Skycat wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 13:18 FSX and P3Dv4/5 can exist on the same computer. So can FSX and the new MSFS. You're really only limited by hard drive space and even that is upgradable.
The only "problem" I have had with multiple sims on the same computer has been with controllers. They can sometimes get screwed up as to how they interface with Windows calibration and how they are set up in each simulator.
Not everyone has issues but it's something to consider anyway.
Dudley Henriques

canuck
Airman

Post by canuck »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 11:37 "Oh no! Such a shame that 14 year old software is being relegated to the past." Give me a break. I have spent as much money as the next guy in addons for FS9, 10, and P3D, and guess what? I just completely uninstalled P3D from my computer a couple of days ago, with zero regrets, to make room for MSFS. I have preordered my Premium Deluxe version, and await it with baited breath. FSX is stone age in terms of technology compared to MSFS. You're argument is as akin to saying, "Keep you horseless carriage, I will stick with my mule." Living in the past gets you nowhere, because there is no future in it. Embrace change, and be glad that there are companies that are giving flight simulators any attention at all. There has not been this many different flight simulators on the market since the old days of Jane's Longbow, F-15, and F-18. If you are not careful, they won't card you guys anymore, they'll just use carbon dating.
I do not want to get into a [p****ing] match here, and I have done many upgrades as well (ATP, FS4, FS5, FS9 and FSX), and I'm not crying wow is me :cry: .. I respect your opinion, but you seem to enjoy berating mine.. Not what (imho) this forum is all about.. I may be a bit of a dinosaur, but I still have the ability (and knowledge) to be a valid contribution to the hobby..

Glenn
Propliners Rule !!..

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 11:37[..] and guess what? I just completely uninstalled P3D from my computer a couple of days ago, with zero regrets, to make room for MSFS. I have preordered my Premium Deluxe version, and await it with baited breath. FSX is stone age in terms of technology compared to MSFS. You're argument is as akin to saying, "Keep you horseless carriage, I will stick with my mule." Living in the past gets you nowhere, because there is no future in it.
I wonder if this ever makes its way into military thinking, like back when they were putting back the guns into F-4s when the missiles didn't quite work out as expected. :mrgreen:

-Esa

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

canuck wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 13:49
ImpendingJoker wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 11:37 "Oh no! Such a shame that 14 year old software is being relegated to the past." Give me a break. I have spent as much money as the next guy in addons for FS9, 10, and P3D, and guess what? I just completely uninstalled P3D from my computer a couple of days ago, with zero regrets, to make room for MSFS. I have preordered my Premium Deluxe version, and await it with baited breath. FSX is stone age in terms of technology compared to MSFS. You're argument is as akin to saying, "Keep you horseless carriage, I will stick with my mule." Living in the past gets you nowhere, because there is no future in it. Embrace change, and be glad that there are companies that are giving flight simulators any attention at all. There has not been this many different flight simulators on the market since the old days of Jane's Longbow, F-15, and F-18. If you are not careful, they won't card you guys anymore, they'll just use carbon dating.
I do not want to get into a [p****ing] match here, and I have done many upgrades as well (ATP, FS4, FS5, FS9 and FSX), and I'm not crying wow is me :cry: .. I respect your opinion, but you seem to enjoy berating mine.. Not what (imho) this forum is all about.. I may be a bit of a dinosaur, but I still have the ability (and knowledge) to be a valid contribution to the hobby..

Glenn
Complaining about how your simulator of choice is being relegated to the past is hardly what I'd call a valid contribution. To the point of my opinion about yours, I have seen it too many times in this very forum, where people cried about CFS3, cried about FS9, cried about FSX, and are still crying about P3D today, and now, when the hobby is on the cusp of something fantastical, all there is the, "I've spent too much money lament", yet again. You might have been the target, but you are hardly the only one to do it. The reason for my opinion about yours, goes right back to Jenya77's constant asking for something that has, at least for the moment, been decided that it will not happen, and instead of accepting it and moving on with life, continued to throw what was tantamount to a, "hissy fit" about the decisions of the man in charge, and when you chimed in with your lament about it being pushed to the back burner, that was the straw that pushed me over the edge. The push to the future is real, and cannot be stopped no matter how hard one may try, time marches on. I am older than some, and younger than a lot in this forum. My out looks and views are colored by my real life aviation experience, and while this particular thread here I may not be "making a valid contribution to the hobby", I have done my fair share of doing just that, and more, and do you know how I do that? By moving forward and remembering the past but not living in it.
Paul

Part 147 Instructor

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

AKar wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 13:52
ImpendingJoker wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 11:37[..] and guess what? I just completely uninstalled P3D from my computer a couple of days ago, with zero regrets, to make room for MSFS. I have preordered my Premium Deluxe version, and await it with baited breath. FSX is stone age in terms of technology compared to MSFS. You're argument is as akin to saying, "Keep you horseless carriage, I will stick with my mule." Living in the past gets you nowhere, because there is no future in it.
I wonder if this ever makes its way into military thinking, like back when they were putting back the guns into F-4s when the missiles didn't quite work out as expected. :mrgreen:

-Esa
While true the guns were reinstalled after a fashion it was still basic airmanship that was pointed out to be the biggest problem with the F-4 early in the war, and not the lack of a gun. Your line of thinking also is not supported by the numbers. Of the 144 kills(not counting the ones where the weapon type is not recorded) made by the F-4(all types) only 12 kills were made by an F-4 with the 20mm. That is only 8.3%. As the war progressed and training got better so too did the weapons themselves get more reliable, so the 20mm while reinstalled did not really account for much in the grand scheme. I only did the F-4 since that is the plane you brought up but, looking at that list, it is very easy to see that the 20mm while used, was not the golden chalice you are eluding to in your reply. I researched my answer, the data from the past is there to be learned about today, so that you can take them with you into the future, and be dragged down by the mistakes of the past.
Paul

Part 147 Instructor

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Not quite my point how many gun kills they managed in Vietnam, nor did I claim the gun a "golden chalice". Hastily declaring something obsolete before the fact, on the other hand, is what I'd consider ill-advised.

I'm not saying that I don't agree with A2A's decision. In case the FSX starts to become a burden to develop on, and has a diminishing user base, it is time to move on. However, the changeover from FSX to P3D was not an overnight business; in fact, it is evident that it is still not nearly complete. There will be reasons why P3D and FS2020 (and probably even FSX) will live in parallel for years to come.

-Esa

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

AKar wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 13:52 I wonder if this ever makes its way into military thinking, like back when they were putting back the guns into F-4s when the missiles didn't quite work out as expected. :mrgreen:

-Esa
Navy F-4's never had guns, only the USAF added guns using a gun pod on early short-nosed F-4's. I was station at George AFB with F-4C/D/E/F/G models plus the Wild Weasel versions. Before the F-4 Weasel birds arrived, the F-105F/G Weasel were used. The F-4F belonged to the German Luftwaffe Air Force for training in the USA. Those F-4F's were brand new aircraft and not a scratch on them. The F-105's were my favorite to work on!

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

TuFun wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 02:20 The F-105's were my favorite to work on!
There is just 'something' in that generation of jets. Too bad I've only seen them in museums.

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”