Spit MkIX

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Artur
Staff Sergeant

Spit MkIX

Post by Artur »

Why we cannot have it if already done - if i understand well latest A2A announcement

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Spit MkIX

Post by Nick - A2A »

Artur,

The Mk. IX Spitfire we developed for the Boultbee Flight Academy doesn't include a modelled cockpit; they use it with their physical recreation of a Spit cockpit.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Nick - A2A wrote: 25 Jul 2020, 05:24 Artur,

The Mk. IX Spitfire we developed for the Boultbee Flight Academy doesn't include a modelled cockpit; they use it with their physical recreation of a Spit cockpit.

Thanks,
Nick
I'd be willing to pay an extra 10 or even 20 dollars to get the IX Spitfire with the Boultbee physical cockpit included. I don't have room for it, but I'll make it happen. ;-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

So the most difficult and tedious job is done, just build 3D model and we are good to go :-)

Thanks for explanation

TatoBean
Airman First Class

Post by TatoBean »

Medtner wrote: 25 Jul 2020, 06:03

I'd be willing to pay an extra 10 or even 20 dollars to get the IX Spitfire with the Boultbee physical cockpit included. I don't have room for it, but I'll make it happen. ;-)
Meh, just put it in your living room, the projection screen can double as a TV. I mean you have to sit in it to watch TV, but sometimes sacrifices have to be made right? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let the potato rest for 5 minutes.

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

That's a sacrifice? :lol:
AKA "Memey"

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Guys, we have this "argument" often:

Q: "Can't we release more airplanes in development that aren't fully Accu-Simmed for less?"
A: "No, putting anything out that does not meet our current standard will result in higher complaints and hurt our brand"

Repeat the above every 3 months.

Scott
A2A Simulations Inc.

HE11DUDE04
Staff Sergeant

Post by HE11DUDE04 »

Yeah I don't get why people would want non accusim aircraft that is what makes a2a so special and different from literally any other company.
AKA "Memey"

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Scott - A2A wrote: 25 Jul 2020, 12:26 Guys, we have this "argument" often:

Q: "Can't we release more airplanes in development that aren't fully Accu-Simmed for less?"
A: "No, putting anything out that does not meet our current standard will result in higher complaints and hurt our brand"

Repeat the above every 3 months.

Scott
I don't believe in this post that anyone actually asked for that, for once.

The OP was asking why it wasn't in "our" hands, if already finished, and Nick came with the reasonable explanation to why that is.

I was in fact asking to pay more to get the full Boultbee simulator - full cockpit and moving platform included. It was of course a jest, but perhaps a not so clear one - and now an explained and deflated one. :-P

We all (most) don't want anything that isn't fully finished. But we are of course interested in any new things that you are doing, and it's perhaps even more interesting with the things that have a hint of attainability. It's just human nature to lust for the highest shelf...
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Medtner wrote: 25 Jul 2020, 14:09 I don't believe in this post that anyone actually asked for that, for once.
Ok yes, I agree and can see that now. But finished for a client isn't finished for you / our audience. The manual alone and our vision is a persistent airplane we can live with is what we like to make and what our audience likes to fly.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Scott - A2A wrote: 25 Jul 2020, 16:34
Medtner wrote: 25 Jul 2020, 14:09 I don't believe in this post that anyone actually asked for that, for once.
Ok yes, I agree and can see that now. But finished for a client isn't finished for you / our audience. The manual alone and our vision is a persistent airplane we can live with is what we like to make and what our audience likes to fly.

Scott.
That I agree with wholeheartedly. Planes that are new each time feels impersonal to me. The fact that there will be a proper twin now, with two engines that are living their own separate lives... don’t get me started! That will be so much fun! :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Tl:dr a finished be-spoke commercial project is not the same as a finished consumer product and vice versa

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

twsharp12
Staff Sergeant

Post by twsharp12 »

That Boultbee Flight Academy sim looks really amazing. Wish we had one over in the states like that with A2A technology. Sick!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”