Yet another topic about MSFS2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Yet another topic about MSFS2020

Post by Paughco »

One thing about the conceivable option of never making an aircraft for FS2020 that A2A has already made for P3D/FSX is that they won't have to deal with the complaints about having to pay again for the FS2020 version of an aircraft that somebody already has bought for FSX or P3D.

So how 'bout that early model B-25?

All seriousness aside, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on an A2A Aerostar. American made! Yeah!!

Seeya
ATB

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

Paughco wrote: 24 Jul 2020, 19:02 ...they won't have to deal with the complaints about having to pay again for the FS2020 version of an aircraft that somebody already has bought for FSX or P3D.
Hallelujah and can I get an Amen!
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

I will say though that single seat, propeller-driven warbirds are the meat and potatoes of my flight simming interests. GA aircraft are like... liver and onions. Or fried chicken gizzards.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

Scott - A2A wrote: 24 Jul 2020, 18:50 It's not a bad thing in that we can take a fresh look at the world and decide the airplanes we want to make.
Sure it's not a bad thing, and I'm really happy for you guys.
I just hope that maybe in future you might also decide the airplanes that WE want you to make. "We" as the early customers. Those who came to A2A because of their mighty vintage planes and warbirds. Not those who came for a Cessna 172...

But don't take me too seriously here, I'm just expressing the general disappointment from some of us.
We all understood perfectly that a rebuild of a P-47 would maybe sell maybe 10% of what a rebuild of a C172 would sell. We know what to expect in terms of future product lines.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Daube wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 03:00
Scott - A2A wrote: 24 Jul 2020, 18:50 It's not a bad thing in that we can take a fresh look at the world and decide the airplanes we want to make.
Sure it's not a bad thing, and I'm really happy for you guys.
I just hope that maybe in future you might also decide the airplanes that WE want you to make. "We" as the early customers. Those who came to A2A because of their mighty vintage planes and warbirds. Not those who came for a Cessna 172...

But don't take me too seriously here, I'm just expressing the general disappointment from some of us.
We all understood perfectly that a rebuild of a P-47 would maybe sell maybe 10% of what a rebuild of a C172 would sell. We know what to expect in terms of future product lines.
If they did a poll of what WE want, we all know that something GA would win in the numbers game. So it comes back to what they (A2A) want to do. Then it comes down to who has the last say.
Last edited by bladerunner900 on 27 Jul 2020, 08:55, edited 1 time in total.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I'll finish my participation in this thread by asking some questions.

Who is going to buy the new sim and why? Which sim is used as an aid in real world training?

I don't expect an answer but I think the answers to these questions will determine what developers will produce and for which sim.

Adam_NZ
Technical Sergeant

Post by Adam_NZ »

bladerunner900 wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 06:44 Who is going to buy the new sim and why? Which sim is used as an aid in real world training?
I don't expect an answer but I think the answers to these questions will determine what developers will produce and for which sim.
I'll bite!!!

I'm too old to pretend that I'm young enough to retrain and become a commercial pilot of some kind - I missed that boat many moons ago. BUT - I'm not too old to occasionally take the controls of a C172 on a joy-ride and want to *understand* what's going on behind the scenes. No amount of realism on that score is wasted for me. However - I'm *never* going to get any "hands on" on anything like a B737 or (dare I say it ... a DC-3) so the intricacies of programming an FMS are just an obscure intellectual exercise for me.

BUT ... and this is a very big BUT ... there's a bit of a schoolboy/dreamer in all of us and many of us would dearly like to know if we could have handled those amazing warbirds that fought those aerial battles. Staggering to think how very young some of those pilots were at the time. We'd all like to think we could have won the war individually (whichever side you were on) ... and *survived* to tell the tale.

SO ... much as I'd like to get excited about a civil twin, I'd also dearly love to "live the dream" and have a warbird as well. Needless to say, I'll end up buying anything A2A produce (civil or military) because a) They're such nice people and b) You really can't match that quality in the sim world.

To answer the question: I think I've well and truly done my dash with P3D. It has to be MS2020 for me (I hope!) - or X-Plane (!!!). Also - if anything shapes up from any dialogue with Matt Waqner, then DCS (yay!!).

Adam.
--
Image--Image

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

I think you've summed me up quite well Adam. There's a schoolboy in all of us. :D :D

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Adam_NZ wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 07:32
there's a bit of a schoolboy/dreamer in all of us and many of us would dearly like to know if we could have handled those amazing warbirds that fought those aerial battles.
We have had some ideas about that, over the years, with the A2A Mustang, P-40, P-47, Spitfire. This is not about being a dreamer for me but a simmer. These aircraft, big prop, big engine, are interesting to learn and to fly, even in a non combat situation.

Leave your Cherokee a year in the hangar. After a year you will fly it, clumsily maybe the first time, but without too much problem. It is like a bicycle, it comes back fast.

Do the same with the P-51. It is no bicycle :lol: ! If you don't get back first to the manual and some good threads from Dudcley H, chance are huge that you will find yourself in a dire situation just some tens meters after pushing the throttle forward., having a closer look at the daisies in the field along the runway. They need attention, they are not forgiving. I like that in an aircraft.

A2A is the only designer of good warbirds now that Rob Young has retired (and I include my A2A fav, the Texan) and that would be a small catastrophe in our little world if we didn't see at least one back in the new sim. Yes, I am ready to pay the price.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

einherz
Master Sergeant

Post by einherz »

i'd add some to Dominique's words, fighters is religion, and only one compromise as alternative it aerobatic ac, but none aerobatic ac will not same as ww2 fighters, same fast, same high, same powerful... fighters is very big window of opportunity, and after fighters flight experience at any other type will not full enough
rank is not classified airman - forum's engine glitch(again!)

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

bladerunner900 wrote: 27 Jul 2020, 06:11It's not a bad thing in that we can take a fresh look at the world and decide the airplanes we want to make.
The first project we made many years ago was a air combat add-on to Microsoft CFS3, called FirePOWER. This is the aircraft list:
Arado AR234
B-17
B-29
D520
Do217n
He162
Lancaster
Me334
Me410
P-40
Ta152
Ta154
Ta183

I didn't come up with this list. This list was created by asking each modeler "what are your top three favorite airplanes?" My job was to try and pick one of those three, which we did, so every modeler was making an airplane he loved. By using passion as the primary reason for an airplane choice, what we got in return was airplanes made to the best of their ability. And if you look up all of these aircraft, they are very cool.

The plan now is we are going to create a small modeling team to create some of the airplanes in our existing library, not sure which ones at this point. Another group would be working on never before made airplanes, like the Aerostar.

But this will be very slow going as we won't know what is truly possible until the Aerostar is complete and it may be some time before the Aerostar is done and flying in the new sims.
Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Thank you, Scott. It's looking like I may be purchasing the new Microsoft Flight Simulator, and would love nothing more than to eventually bring my P3D warbirds along, especially the T-6. The Bonanza can come too. :D

Hoots
Airman

Post by Hoots »

Do217n
Lancaster
Me334
Me410
P-40

Any of those would be an instabuy. Even way back then I loved flying the Lancaster in FSX adn i dread to think how many years ago that was....

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Hoots wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 02:40 Do217n
Lancaster
Me334
Me410
P-40
Any of those would be an instabuy. Even way back then I loved flying the Lancaster in FSX adn i dread to think how many years ago that was....
Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought Scott was talking about their existing Accusim aircraft. Since there are only four aircraft in that FirePower list that still fly, not sure how that can work.

Hoots
Airman

Post by Hoots »

patful wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 07:35
Hoots wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 02:40 Do217n
Lancaster
Me334
Me410
P-40
Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought Scott was talking about their existing Accusim aircraft. Since there are only four aircraft in that FirePower list that still fly, not sure how that can work.
He was, I was just dreaming and trying to subliminally make Scott decide on the Lancaster as the next aircraft...

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”