Yet another topic about MSFS2020

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
J van E
Staff Sergeant

Re: Yet another topic about MSFS2020

Post by J van E »

Scott - A2A wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 17:21 Jon, we can't port any airplanes to FS2020 or any flight sim for that matter. Every airplane we make from this point on, whether it's for FS2020 or P3D is being developed with completely different tools. The end result that the user sees will not be all that different, but from our point of view (developer) it's completely different.

<...>

So don't expect quantity from us, but do expect quality. It's conceivable we will never make an aircraft for FS2020 that we've already made for Prepar3D and instead see two airplanes per year moving forward, all brand new.
Extremely happy to hear this: I really feared A2A might do simple ports from FSX/P3D to MSFS... I am glad this is not the case and that new A2A planes will be fully MSFS compliant (as in graphics)!

Of course I still hope my all time favorite Comanche will make it into MSFS one fine day... :wink:

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Dogsbody55 wrote: 23 Jul 2020, 00:08Thanks for clearing that one up, for the sake of us luddites and cheapskates (I'm both :P ) who haven't got P3DV5. Good to see there's hope for us on V4.
Speaking as a fellow Luddite ( :mrgreen: ) that no longer has P3Dv5, I am somewhat alarmed to hear that previous models, specifically the war birds, will not be carried over into the new sim. Every one knows GA is not my thing, so if this proves to be the case then I probably shan't bother with it at all. No big deal I'm sure. Of course, if A2A release completely new war birds then that would be another matter.

Steve.

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

bladerunner900 wrote: 23 Jul 2020, 07:45
Dogsbody55 wrote: 23 Jul 2020, 00:08Thanks for clearing that one up, for the sake of us luddites and cheapskates (I'm both :P ) who haven't got P3DV5. Good to see there's hope for us on V4.
Speaking as a fellow Luddite ( :mrgreen: ) that no longer has P3Dv5, I am somewhat alarmed to hear that previous models, specifically the war birds, will not be carried over into the new sim. Every one knows GA is not my thing, so if this proves to be the case then I probably shan't bother with it at all. No big deal I'm sure. Of course, if A2A release completely new war birds then that would be another matter.

Steve.
Steve,
Where did it specifically say that A2A won't be bringing the present catalogue across to MSFS2020? If you're right, and given that the new MS sim is completely new meaning that existing planes have to be completely re-done so possibly you are, then I'm beginning to think that my move to P3D in 2018 was not a good one.

Definitely, until I know what's ahead, I won't be spending $1 on anything. I don't have time to muck about with two sims so I'd (reluctantly) be OK with repurchasing my planes again for MSFS if I go that way. No way am I just going to forget about all the planes in the present A2A catalogue that I own. Time will tell, I guess, but :? is me right now.

:? :? :? :?
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Hi Mike.

It's in the first paragraph of this post by Scott.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=71089#p540624

Scott states that from this point on, they can't port anything to any sim. I'm desperately hoping however, that I've misunderstood. :cry:

Steve.

CapnAJ78
Airman

Post by CapnAJ78 »

Great news! I am really looking forward to A2A aircraft in MSFS.

I will miss the P3D fleet, I would snap them up so quick if they ever made their way onto MSFS.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

CapnAJ78 wrote: 23 Jul 2020, 12:31 Great news! I am really looking forward to A2A aircraft in MSFS.

I will miss the P3D fleet, I would snap them up so quick if they ever made their way onto MSFS.
Yes. An Avro Lancaster or Spitfire Mk IX would clinch the deal for me. The rest will still fly in P3D

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

great news? depends on the point of view. great scenery but No Cub to explore it, the great AT-6 or Bonanza will remain in the (in comparison) ugly P3D.. Rather really sad news. Well, not everything's gold about MSFS.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

MarcE wrote: 23 Jul 2020, 18:19 great news? depends on the point of view. great scenery but No Cub to explore it, the great AT-6 or Bonanza will remain in the (in comparison) ugly P3D.. Rather really sad news. Well, not everything's gold about MSFS.
Yes, it's all a matter of perspective. No matter how 'pretty' or technical the new sim turns out, if there are no interesting (A2A or otherwise) aircraft to fly in it then what's the point. Also, P3D is not so ugly these days. Out of the box sure, it's not much to look at. Just like FSX I suppose but with all the add-ons you can get, ORBX TrueEarth for example it's looking pretty good to me. Perspective again I suppose.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

A2A made a HELICOPTER!!???? :D

Hook

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 24 Jul 2020, 11:34 We have updated the website folks https://a2asimulations.com/a2a-simulati ... -aerostar/
Damn you sir. I was all excited for a moment. I thought, "B-17". Only to have my hopes cruelly crushed.

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

Scott - A2A wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 17:21 So don't expect quantity from us, but do expect quality. It's conceivable we will never make an aircraft for FS2020 that we've already made for Prepar3D and instead see two airplanes per year moving forward, all brand new.
Sorry for the dumb question, but I would need a small clarification just to be sure: does that mean you'll never produce any of the previous planes you made in the past like the P47, Mustang or Spitfire ?
If so, then that's probably one of the saddest and disappointing news we've ever had regarding the new sim...

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Daube wrote: 24 Jul 2020, 15:37Sorry for the dumb question, but I would need a small clarification just to be sure: does that mean you'll never produce any of the previous planes you made in the past like the P47, Mustang or Spitfire ?
If so, then that's probably one of the saddest and disappointing news we've ever had regarding the new sim...
That's how I read it. A probability that nothing we have now will make it into the new sim. Although the wording does suggest there may be a chance. Don't bank on it though. Sounds like the Aerostar will be first. After that, who knows.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

Well, he mentioned the Comanche which I suspected would be updated for MSFS. After all, it's one of his personal aircraft and may be the best of the A2A hangar.

Anything else is up in the air. (no pun intended)

Hook

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Daube wrote: 24 Jul 2020, 15:37
Scott - A2A wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 17:21 So don't expect quantity from us, but do expect quality. It's conceivable we will never make an aircraft for FS2020 that we've already made for Prepar3D and instead see two airplanes per year moving forward, all brand new.
Sorry for the dumb question, but I would need a small clarification just to be sure: does that mean you'll never produce any of the previous planes you made in the past like the P47, Mustang or Spitfire ? If so, then that's probably one of the saddest and disappointing news we've ever had regarding the new sim...
The only advantage to making an airplane we've already made is, it's familiar and not because there is any code we can carry forward. When you consider everything that goes into a product release the time savings would be maybe 1/5th or less by developing an airplane in our current fleet when compared to a never done before aircraft. So it's very much like starting with a clean slate. It's not a bad thing in that we can take a fresh look at the world and decide the airplanes we want to make.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”