A2A Aviat Husky

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
CookerCook
Senior Airman

Re: A2A Aviat Husky

Post by CookerCook »

Scott - A2A wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 17:54 I've never flown a Husky but from what I hear they are very nice airplanes. Once we get through the Aerostar we will then see what is next, but it has to be something we can have full access to or own.

Scott

Me neither. I just heard it was the plane that Harrison Ford used to land on the taxiway XDXDXD
“You Drive a Mustang?”
“No, I fly one.”

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Hook wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 21:39
A Stearman, a Beaver or a DC-3. Something with character. Something slightly removed from standard GA aircraft and warbirds. Something that, simply flying it is an adventure. Something with historical importance. Something that the current owners love, beyond reason or their actual value. Something... special.

Hook
Well said, Larry. If we need (and we do) another aircraft with the Accusim flair, I vote for a Stearman and not for the glorified Cub aka the Huski. The Beaver would be of course an excellent 2nd best.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Or a Vans RV14/RV14A?

I expect they've been talking about that one in the office.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Scott - A2A wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 17:54 I've never flown a Husky but from what I hear they are very nice airplanes. Once we get through the Aerostar we will then see what is next, but it has to be something we can have full access to or own.

Scott
I was told the same but to be honest, Scott, it would be another Lycoming engine that's not really special nor does it really have to be managed.. Accusim has evolved so amazingly with the release of the Bonanza and I'm sure with the Aerostar and you now have the know-how of a twin engine airplane. Together with the possibilities P3D v4 and v5 and maybe MSFS havew to offer I think a twin radial would be incredible. You know the demand for a good DC-3, plenty are still flying and one belongs to a fellow flight sim developer who, I'm sure, would share his knowledge as I really doubt they plan to do a DC-3. Others are still around in the US too. Another already mentioned aircraft that is so perfectly suitable to Accusim is the Beaver. You have the technical background for tail draggers, radials and floats. I am aware that there is one available that really isn't bad but the engine and float models are far from accusim quality.

Beech 18 asre still flying too in the states as far as I know.

It really would be sad if the radials were limited to warbirds (and the Connie) by A2A, even a Stearman would be so great. You have done two incredible radial engine warbirds but a GA/transport model would be the cherry on the cake, really.

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

Dogsbody55 wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 23:41
Scott - A2A wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 17:54 Once we get through the Aerostar we will then see what is next, but it has to be something we can have full access to or own.

Scott
How about that Comanche 400 you have tucked away?? From the videos you've shown, that thing looks like a beast. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPpjxryfD0c I'd love to see those braked wheels getting dragged along under engine run up. It's a rare plane too. Less than 150 built and only about 50 flying today. Good performance too from what I've read. How about 185kn cruise at sea level??

A beaver would be great too, as would a Beech D-18. And I'd like to suggest a Convair 240 or 340/440 as your next COTS venture. There's still some flying.

Cheers,
Mike
I really liked that. The 250 is my favorite A2A aircraft but I could see the 400 taking that spot. :) :) :)
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”