engineers GPU missing start run switch

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Re: engineers GPU missing start run switch

Post by trisho0 »

Gypsy Baron wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 09:10 You toggle the GPU on/off using the 'Controls' menu. Shift+3

Paul

I know that thanks but does the real Constellation have such GPU start run Switch in the real FE Panel?
Patricio

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

There must have been a main switch to let the engineer connect the GPU to the electrical system on the aircraft, but I don’t think the flight engineer could control the GPU remotely.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

Tomas Linnet wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 22:56 There must have been a main switch to let the engineer connect the GPU to the electrical system on the aircraft, but I don’t think the flight engineer could control the GPU remotely.
The A2A Developer could add that GPU main switch on the aircraft. The GPU area has available space to add the switch and then the Connie APU start up, becomes more realistic.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

I Don’t think the era of L-049 Modeled by A2A ever had any kind of on-board, independent power supply outside of batteries and, of course, the generators run by the engines. So it seems to be already functionally correct for the period! :D

FireRescue85
Senior Airman

Post by FireRescue85 »

The real life L049 panel doesn’t appear to have a GPU or APU switch in the engineers panel.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dlberek/3436863110/
Fire Marshall, Firefighter/Emergency Medical Tech.

B-17G
B377
L-049

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

I found a real Connie showing that GPU APU start up switch so It is supposed to be in A2A Constellation that switch and working. Hopefully we get an update adding a working switch.

https://imgur.com/ZsRkcZS

Also, please take a look for the APU switch from http://www.conniesurvivors.com/1-connie ... e_2009.htm

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Trisho0.
The link you gave shows a super connie not the L049 , if you look at my original post , freeze intro video at time i stated , then use that to zoom in on the intro video , you can see what looks like a switch , that would connect the GPU electrics to the aircraft power busbars .
There where several different engineers panels during the connie production.
regards alan. 8)

flapman
Staff Sergeant

Post by flapman »

alan CXA651 wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 12:50 introductory video 2:31 into vid switch shown 2:41 into vid its missing
How very interesting!
At 2:34-2:39 you can see Scott sitting in front of the RL panel, and the switch appears to be absent as well! Looks like (left to right) a status light, a covered CB, and the voltmeter. I also thought this was a simplification but that appears to not be the case.
Neat.

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

flapman wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 18:40
alan CXA651 wrote: 07 Apr 2020, 12:50 introductory video 2:31 into vid switch shown 2:41 into vid its missing
How very interesting!
At 2:34-2:39 you can see Scott sitting in front of the RL panel, and the switch appears to be absent as well! Looks like (left to right) a status light, a covered CB, and the voltmeter. I also thought this was a simplification but that appears to not be the case.
Neat.
Sorry, but look at there again closely and carefully. I can see perfectly clear there is a Switch present with a lamp or fuse holder (not sure) and the voltmeter. I can see 3 items on the real plane but not present on the A2A Connie plane. From the video you are seeing both the real Connie and the images directly from the payware. So, it is time to wait for that switch to be implemented in A2A Connie. Anyone agree?

https://imgur.com/EFYji2r

Gypsy Baron
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by Gypsy Baron »

What is the point of all this?? If you use the Controls menu to activate the GPU function you will see the GPU cart appear
on the left side of the aircraft. No 'switch in the cockpit' will do this realistically.

There is no APU installed in the Connie. Ground power is supplied by the external GPU. Plain and simple.

No different than using Shift+E+1 to open the rear door and move the air stairs into position.

Paul

trisho0
Technical Sergeant

Post by trisho0 »

I meant GPU for that voltmeter. The GPU switch should be present beside the Lamp from the Voltmeter. That is what the real aircraft shows.
Regarding on opening Cargo and Door I think that also should be handled from the Connie's Cabin as the Brake does.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Well the project has been complete for quite a while now so I wouldn’t hold out much hope of having the team crack it open to add a light or a switch.

Scott has, in the past, described each project as a bucket that is filled as each part of the project Is completed and added into the whole. Once the bucket is full, that’s it. So, to carry the analogy further, if you want something added, you have to give up something. I trust that Scott and the team discuss all the possible features at great length, and arrive at an aircraft that is going to best capture the characterof that aircraft. Each new aircraft that A2A develops will take advantage of new capabilities, and always be subject to limitations. (Apologies for writing too damn much...as always)

new reply

Return to “Lockheed Model 049 Tech Support”