Aerostar Checkout - success

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Scott - A2A
A2A General

Aerostar Checkout - success

Post by Scott - A2A »

Today I flew down to New Jersey in the Comanche to get an insurance checkout to resume flying the Aerostar (after sitting for over a year). It was a very interesting day, we feathered the left engine and made an extremely steep single engine landing. The pilot, Bob Pinto, has 22,000 hours and owns several Aerostars. Needless to say it was a learning experience that is fueling our Accu-Sim Aerostar in development. At the end I showed part of my logbook that I use for instructor based training and sign offs.

Today was the first time I flew in a different Aerostar, so it was great to have something to compare mine too.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Aerostar Checkout - success

Post by Paughco »

Scott: You're killin' us, man! That was a cool video, but my old ears couldn't make out most of what you were saying. Need NetFlix subtitles! Meanwhile, I really dig what you are doing. Running a great business, providing us ground pounders with Accusim quality flying experiences, and flying real airplanes that will someday be available in our Accusim hangars. A few comments:

1. I sure hope that red paint job will be available when A2A releases the Aerostar.
2. Would it be possible to get the minimalist interior that you have in N6229P?
3. I would pay for you to get a ride in a B-25 Mitchell if A2A would give us an early model B-25.

Keep on rockin' in a free world, man!

Seeya
ATB

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

BK-117C...that is a very fine helicopter. Had the pleasure of working one with a fellow instructor of mine from Tampa General Hospital. Aeromed 1 I believe it was. Though they are using EC-135s/145s now and a B407, can't recall if they are still using any of the BKs or not.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

ImpendingJoker wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 02:38 BK-117C...that is a very fine helicopter. Had the pleasure of working one with a fellow instructor of mine from Tampa General Hospital. Aeromed 1 I believe it was. Though they are using EC-135s/145s now and a B407, can't recall if they are still using any of the BKs or not.
Isn't EC145 basically a refresh / rebrand of BK 117C?

The current H145, just certified with new main rotor, seems to be a result of more evolution.

-Esa

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Congrats!

That paint job. The red. Yes. Please! :-P
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Paughco wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 21:35 1. I sure hope that red paint job will be available when A2A releases the Aerostar.
2. Would it be possible to get the minimalist interior that you have in N6229P?
3. I would pay for you to get a ride in a B-25 Mitchell if A2A would give us an early model B-25.
1. Yes, I agree, the red is pretty nice looking on the Aerostar
2. Yes, we are making my aircraft exactly as it is
3. Doing this twin with the latest accusim code opens up all kinds of possibilities for other twins. I'm still trying to get a situation where we / others are able to create high quality aircraft, maybe not to the extreme of a full in house accusim plane, but something that is deep and real to fly

BTW sorry about the audio of the YouTube vid. I can understand it and someone posted they can't. I am setting up a professional video cam system in our Aerostar so I will be able to capture and share experiences with it once it is up and running.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Transcript of the video:

"So, I'm on my way to get my Aerostar checkout for insurance purposes - the insurance companies requires training to happen. It's legal to fly it, but you have to fly it without insurance, which is actually legal, but I don't wanna fly without insurance.
But anyway, when I was leaving the airport a guy came up to me asking all these questions about the Comanche, and he goes:
- "How's the shoulder room?" "
- It's beauuuutiful in here!" I said "the shoulder room couldn't be better, it's 46 inches across"

I know this because we if modeled this we measured these things.
So he goes:
"Yeah, because that's my Cherokee 235 over there and I'm always cramped in there."
And I say:
"Yeah, that's about 41 - and a half - inches, if I remember correctly."

So it's just wonderful to talk about the Comanche, because, come on, look at this plane!

I'm cruising to New Jersey, I'm flying just VFR over the Class Bravo airspace...

I love this airplane."

We do too, Scott! :-D
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

AKar wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 04:30
ImpendingJoker wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 02:38 BK-117C...that is a very fine helicopter. Had the pleasure of working one with a fellow instructor of mine from Tampa General Hospital. Aeromed 1 I believe it was. Though they are using EC-135s/145s now and a B407, can't recall if they are still using any of the BKs or not.
Isn't EC145 basically a refresh / rebrand of BK 117C?

The current H145, just certified with new main rotor, seems to be a result of more evolution.

-Esa
You are correct and not a the same time. The EC-135 was supposed to be the successor to the BK-117(the BK stands for Blom un Voss and Kawasaki so it is closer in lineage to the Bo-105 and you can see the same design elements between the two) but, a lot of companies didn't like the fenestron of the 135, so Eurocopter made the EC-145 which is basically a 135 with a conventional tail rotor, so, in a round about way, it is a newer BK-117, and the H-145 is pretty much just Airbus rebranding everything but, it too is more advanced than the original 145. It's like saying that the UH-60L is the same as the UH-60M. There are so many differences between the two models that it is almost a new helicopter, about the only thing that is the same is fuselage. It has newer more powerful engines, electronic vibration dampening, new rotor blades, and full glass cockpit among other things too numerous to list here.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

We need to set up a crowdfunding to get Scott a new headliner for the Comanche. :D :a2a:

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Congratulations, Scott! Looking forward to more updates!

ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Post by ryanbatc »

Nice video... can't wait to get the Aerostar in some sort of flightsim. I'd upgrade to p3d v5 for that lol. (or be happy with it in the new sim!)

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Great video. Been away and no internet, so I've missed this. Hope to see more updates soon.

One question. If you're modelling the A2A Aerostar on your plane, does your plane have fuel injection or carburettors?

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

jcblom
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by jcblom »

Hobart Escin wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 09:29 We need to set up a crowdfunding to get Scott a new headliner for the Comanche. :D :a2a:
If A2A were to give us an updated P-47 and B-17, I'd be happy to give my support. But I won't be buying an aerostar I fear
FS painter. You'll find most of my FS9/FSX/P3D paints here.

Artur
Staff Sergeant

Post by Artur »

On the same boat

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Dogsbody55 wrote: 01 Jul 2020, 23:44 One question. If you're modelling the A2A Aerostar on your plane, does your plane have fuel injection or carburettors?
All Aerostar models that came out of the factory had fuel-injected engines.

-Esa

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”