Cant Repair New install of C172

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Cant Repair New install of C172

Post by Nick - A2A »

Ah, okay - so a brand new install of Windows 10, but for some reason the Microsoft DirectX installer is returning an error?

If you want to share any pics, you can just attach them to your post but not sure it'll help much to be honest.

However, is this a new issue which you've only seen on your system since switching to P3Dv5?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

LouP
Senior Airman

Post by LouP »

Hi again,

I feel the pain here so let me try to offer additional information. This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time it happened I also noticed that my Majestic Dash 8 was not working either. I contacted majestic and they sent me a test program that narrowed the problem with the Dash 8 down to some Direct X audio file being bad. Once I narrowed down the exact file, I had to delete it and extract from the Direct X install and add it to windows. After that, the Dash 8 and all the A2A aircraft started working again. It was a few years ago when all that happened so I can't remember the exact name of the file. I've been too tied up with other things lately so I haven't had the time to go through that painful process right now which is why I simply uninstalled the A2A planes. I am kind of hoping that over time some windows update will correct the situation, but I doubt it. If not, I'll install one A2A plane and work on getting that going before I reinstall any others. I do remember that even once I found the bad DX file, it was a nightmare to replace because of the security measures around the operating system and simply re-installing Direct X would not work.

I'll add more if I get more time to work on this myself but please don't wait on me. The warm weather is here and I am outside fishing, hiking, or riding my bike when not working.

LouP

Pearskin
Airman

Post by Pearskin »

Hi Nick … ran the install again today. The A2A folder appeared in the "documents>Prepar3D v5 Add-ons>A2A>A2A>Cessna172" folder but I stall cant repair the A2A Cessna. Is there something that can be done now?

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

I still believe that installing the disconnect client is worth a try. It can't hurt to try, restart the PC afterward and then test.

\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3Dv5\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Terry,

Please can you try and give us a bit of background on your system? For example, when you've previously had Accu-Sim products installed, has it been on the same PC, and if so, which host sim did you use, and which version of Windows?

I'm trying to understand what has changed in your software/hardware environment other than moving to P3Dv5.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Pearskin
Airman

Post by Pearskin »

Hi Nick ... My hardware has not changed much over the Years ... most of the problems I have had occurred after updates to the windows operating system; generally incompatibility which required updates form the various manufacturers to fix them. Prior to prepar3dv5 most all of my addons would work including the A2A Cessna. Prepar3Dv4.5 was the most stable version where everything seemed to work ok. The problem was when prepar3dv5 was released quite a lot of my addons were not compatible. For example, none of my PMDG Boeing Planes were compatible, I lost a large amount of my ORBX scenery which could not be installed. My FS Dream Team airport CYVR Vancouver would not install because there was a missing d3dx9_34.dll file missing in the system. My flightbeam airports all required updates. I mean prepar3Dv5 was a nightmare.
I do not know why the A2A Cessna will not install... I dont know why. My guess is its come incompaibility between Windows 1909 (Build 18636) and Prepar#Dv5. I have uninstalled the A2A Cessna 172 and have put it aside for now.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Terry,

No problems here with Windows 10 Build 1909, P3Dv5 and the A2A fleet so this is something specific to your system.

Are you sure your hardware is fully compatible with DirectX 12?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Pearskin
Airman

Post by Pearskin »

Hi Nick … All my hardware is working ok. I didn't know that SimConnect was not used for local connections but I think it is used locally by SPAD-NEXT. I have not been able to get SimConnect working across my network since April of 2018 when Microsoft terminated HOMEGROUP from Windows 10. It was working across the network before then. I now use ActiveSky only locally now. I use FSUIPC6 to run Plan-G, my only simulator network application across my network. I have installed "TeamViewer" if you want access to my system to check anything. Prepar3Dv5 is working ok accept for A2A Cessna installation. Although SimConnect is not working across my network ALL the links are in place and correct to the best of my knowledge. BTW, my file sharing works across my network.

Terry

Pearskin
Airman

Post by Pearskin »

Hi Nick … Good news !!! I finally got A2A Cessna 172 installed. Here is what happened. After I reinstalled Aerosoft's Airbus bundle (A318-A321) forPrepar3Dv5 the installer ran a version of DirectX which did not abort or give any errors. So, after the installed had finished, I decided to try A2A's Cessna 172 again and it worked. So, you might want to see if Aerosofts DirectX installer is any different from your installer.

Terry

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Terry. Sounds like Aerosoft may indeed be packaging a different version of the DirectX installer so will see if I can find out which one they're using.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”