C172 trainer for beginners

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jinyong.pan
Airman

C172 trainer for beginners

Post by jinyong.pan »

Hello,

Just bought the C172 trainer. Kind of getting a bit frustrating. Couldn't get it to start.

1, in the hanger (shift 7) there are whole bunch of red marks. I clicked on them - no response.
2, no sound. I used F9 for virtual cockpit. Flipped switches. Can't hear any sound.

Can someone help me here?

Thanks
John

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C172 trainer for beginners

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello John,

Please see my reply to your other topic here. If you can let us know exactly which host simulator you're using, and a little bit of background info on your system, we'll be better able to help.

If you're still using FSX-SE, did you try reinstalling the SimConnect client as suggested in your other topic?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jinyong.pan
Airman

Post by jinyong.pan »

I think the installation was good. The airplane is on the parking lot. No sound and lots of red flags. Is there anyway I can make the airplane as dumb as the default one?
How can I paste a picture here so that you can see what's going on?

jinyong.pan
Airman

Post by jinyong.pan »

Hello Nick, can you give me instructions by emails?

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

We don't use email for support John, as with the forums other members of the community and support team can chime in.

If you can answer the questions about which host sim you're using, and whether you've tried reinstalling SimConnect, I'm sure we can get you sorted.

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. To share a JPEG screenshot, you can use the "attachments" tab below.
A2A Simulations Inc.

jinyong.pan
Airman

Post by jinyong.pan »

I hit the check engine symbol (took me a while to click everywhere). Which opens engine page. It tells me to replace almost everything!!!
Nick is this the normal learning curve? Might be too steep..........

jinyong.pan
Airman

Post by jinyong.pan »

HI Nick, what is SimConnect? I re installed FSX and installed A2A C172 (it only has one install file). I think i'm missing something here. The SimCOnnect? Shall I download from A2A?
Thanks
John

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

John,

I've added the reply I made in your other topic below.
Nick - A2A wrote:(...) reinstalling SimConnect is a good idea. You can access the installer locally from this directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK\SimConnect.msi

Also, please make sure your default FSX flight isn't modified to use a complex add-on such as the P-40. You're better off using one of the simple stock aircraft such as the Trike or Cessna 172SP for this purpose.
Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

jinyong.pan
Airman

Post by jinyong.pan »

Hi Nick,

I started flying after running the connector. Thanks! But it seems not very stable. Every time I ended flying and re start a new flight the plane would stop running just like I had before - red flags everywhere. I had to shut down and restart the game. Again it might be something I don't know about. At least I can fly now!

Thanks
John

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

John,

Which plane loads in your default FSX flight? In other words, which one is shown revolving in the preview window when the 'Free Flight' screen first loads?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”