Fuel pump switch turns on after loading AC

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
N8033F
Airman

Fuel pump switch turns on after loading AC

Post by N8033F »

Hello fellow simmers,
After searching the C172 Tech Support forum and not finding an answer, I need to ask the question. Every time that I start a flight the fuel pump switch turns on without any input from me. No matter how cold and dark I save the scenario, the AC loads...than maybe a second later you can hear the distinct audible of a switch. It happens to be the fuel pump. I run full physical hardware, so when I flip the Master switch the fuel pump starts to prime (because the switch has already been flipped). So what I have to do is flip the fuel pump switch back off in the VC, before I turn the Master on. I've learned to live with it, but there's got to be some modification to prevent that from happening. It's just cumbersome. For me, this was happening in V3 and is continuing to happen in V5 of Prepar3d.

Kind regards,

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Fuel pump switch turns on after loading AC

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

This isn't default behaviour for the aircraft, so it sounds as though your hardware is sending a command to the fuel pump switch which sets it to on when the scenario loads.

Could you let us know what hardware you have mapped to this function, and which method you've used for doing this? For example via the P3D default controls, or with third party software such as FSUIPC and perhaps an L:Var?

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

N8033F
Airman

Post by N8033F »

Hi Nick,
Yes, the only physical fuel pump switch that I have is on a saitek switch panel driven by Spad.next utilizing one of those premade configurations, I forget the exact name of it but I remember it being for the A2A Cessna 172 and I think it was by Connex? Or a name similar. The details elude me as I'm not in front of the sim pc, but I can follow up when I have more detailed information. Thanks.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Okay, thanks - yes, in that case, it's likely to be something in this pre-programmed SPAD.neXt configuration which is flipping the switch to on.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

N8033F
Airman

Post by N8033F »

Ok. I’ll investigate that and follow up. Thanks.

iefbr14
Airman First Class

Post by iefbr14 »

Hi,
I'm also owner of the Switch Panel and use it with spad.next. These spooky behavior starts after one year or so. Sometimes switches are working without interaction, ALT flipping on/off during flight, somedays pitot heat or fuel pump are simply not working when using the the assigned hardware switches. In case of non funktional hardware switches, I've noticed on my non FS notebook using Saitek driver an monitoring software the same behavior. So I sent it back to Amazon after 1.5 years and got a new one. Currently I'm using the 3rd device for ~1.3 years and it also starts spooking. Not every day but often the ALT switch.
Would be nice to hear, if one found a solution.

Andreas

N8033F
Airman

Post by N8033F »

Hey Nick, I did some further investigating into the issue. It would seem that you are correct, I just need to figure out the fix. When I start the AC without loading Spad.next, the fuel pump stays off and acts as it should. When I run spad.next, the fuel pump toggles on. So it's got to be something in that profile. Guess I need to figure out and learn about Lvars and things to determine the route cause. I checked the mapping of both the Master swtich and Fuel pump in the profile they appear correct. The other odd thing is that this behavior only happens once. It's just at the initial load. If I stay in the same scenario, go cold and dark again, it starts back up properly. The fuel pump switch is only toggled automatically, once, at the start of any scenario. Guess I'll start researching. Thanks for the responses.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update.

I'm afraid I don't have any Saitek gear so not really familiar with SPAD.neXt, but you might be able to find some useful info on their support forums, or possibly just download a different profile from there.

https://www.spadnext.com/forum/

We also have a few users of the software on the fourums here, so it's possible someone else will chime in.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”