REQ GUIDENCE FOR BUYING NEW AIRCRAFT, THANKS

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
ironmanthe3000
Airman

REQ GUIDENCE FOR BUYING NEW AIRCRAFT, THANKS

Post by ironmanthe3000 »

I am building a new pc, when the pandemic is over I will have my graphics card and I have orbx vector bought already and i would like to buy open cockpit aircraft for fsx, I cant afford p3d v5 untill 2021 so.....I saw two open cockpit planes on store site.

My question is - 1) is avro 504 good ?
2) is albatross d3 better than than avro 504 ?
3) should i stick with cub because its accusim?
4) are avro 504 and albatross d3 , as real as cub and other products ?
5) i want realism like in j3 cub thats why i asked.
6) can these above aircraft be taxied on airport bcoz they dont have tail wheel.
7) do these aircrafts have map like in j3 cub or in spitfire ?

I looked on internet and realized that two aircraft i mentioned above has range of almost 400 kms and cub has over 270 kms, i guess thats why i want them so badly.
I love OLD SCHOOL navigation by looking at roads and specially without gps, just like in old times and open cockpit is just amazing.
thanks for replying.
sorry to bother.
thanks again... :a2a:

Bruce66
Staff Sergeant

Re: REQ GUIDENCE FOR BUYING NEW AIRCRAFT, THANKS

Post by Bruce66 »

Get the Cub - absolutely!

BUT for an open cockpit that is nearly as fantastic consider the Tiger Moth Pro from Ant's Airplanes (Sorry A2A guys - all your stuff is amazing but the Tiger Moth is outstanding as well! :D )

And another BUT (nearly as big as the last one) I fly the Cub WAY more often than the Tiger Moth Pro. So get the Cub.

And one last BUT - if you are definitely going to get P3D make sure you either get both versions of the Cub or wait until you get P3D as the new one is better than the FSX one (not that I would know as I am still in FSX - but I've seen pictures!)

That's my two bits! :D
Gaming Computer

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X Six Core CPU
Gigabyte X570 GAMING X: ATX
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2400MHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti Windforce2 4GB GDDR5
Display: 27-Inch Curved LED Monitor

ironmanthe3000
Airman

Post by ironmanthe3000 »

Bruce66 wrote: 11 May 2020, 14:42 Get the Cub - absolutely!

BUT for an open cockpit that is nearly as fantastic consider the Tiger Moth Pro from Ant's Airplanes (Sorry A2A guys - all your stuff is amazing but the Tiger Moth is outstanding as well! :D )

And another BUT (nearly as big as the last one) I fly the Cub WAY more often than the Tiger Moth Pro. So get the Cub.

And one last BUT - if you are definitely going to get P3D make sure you either get both versions of the Cub or wait until you get P3D as the new one is better than the FSX one (not that I would know as I am still in FSX - but I've seen pictures!)

That's my two bits! :D
yes sir i sure will
sorry, i forgot to mention i have cub already and its been more than 7000 hours in cub, i have p51 but its not slow, spitfire is fast too, but thanks for advice.

i like to fly ww1 planes with only compass and some gauges and they have tail skids.
i checked tiger moth its awesome , and you are right i will wait until p3d. fsx is good but there r some limitations in fsx and p3d v5 is pretty good. :D .

wish a2a simulations had created stearman for fsx that would be amazing and i would have a lot of hours in it.
but im so excited for their new aerostar n ill buy it thats why i am buliding new rig.

thanks again for taking your time for me.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

If you're looking for a tail dragger with just a compass and a clock for navigation, consider the P-40. It's currently on sale for the low low price of free. It's a little faster than the Cub (I use 195 knots cruising speed for planning) but other than that it's as much like flying and navigating the Cub as you're likely to get.

If it turns out you're not happy with it, you're not going to be out a lot of money. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked flying it. It was my first A2A warbird.

I also like the Golden Age Super Stearman and I'm considering the Tiger Moth Pro based on recommendations here and elsewhere.

Hook

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Double post
Last edited by Dominique on 12 May 2020, 05:27, edited 1 time in total.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Dominique wrote: 12 May 2020, 02:47 I’ve had the P40 since 2012 and flew her extensively but I wouldn’t recommend her as a taildragger first experience :lol: ! I would take advantage of the free offer for later flying and buy the Cub.

The Albatross and Avro belong to another less refined category of products than the Accusim aircraft if I understand well.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

ironmanthe3000
Airman

Post by ironmanthe3000 »

Hook wrote: 12 May 2020, 02:13 If you're looking for a tail dragger with just a compass and a clock for navigation, consider the P-40. It's currently on sale for the low low price of free. It's a little faster than the Cub (I use 195 knots cruising speed for planning) but other than that it's as much like flying and navigating the Cub as you're likely to get.

If it turns out you're not happy with it, you're not going to be out a lot of money. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked flying it. It was my first A2A warbird.

I also like the Golden Age Super Stearman and I'm considering the Tiger Moth Pro based on recommendations here and elsewhere.

Hook
yeas sir you are absolutely right i did not see p40 on sale i sure will check it out, thanks for your help. thank you very much. yes i have already have it and i did not even know that thanks. :a2a: :D

last question is it as good as cub on frame rates ?

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

The Aircraft Factory Avro 504 and Albatros are both very good in my opinion. Both are for FSX but can be forced into P3D 1, 2, 3 and 4 by just re-directing the installers to the root of P3D. Both run very well in v4. Neither of them have elevator trim, as it should be I guess but both have rudder and aileron trim.

I can also thoroughly recommend Ants Tiger Moth Pro. It can be installed in FSX or P3D up to v4. It is in fact, one of the conditions of me getting v5. Strangely, I've only said that for A2A aircraft in the past.

Steve.

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I'm running P3Dv4.5 with a powerful computer. My frame rates vary a lot mostly due to clouds and city buildings, but I can't tell any difference on anything but the Connie and I'm not real sure about that one. :)

Most of the time I'm not sure what might be bringing my frame rates down.

Hook

ironmanthe3000
Airman

Post by ironmanthe3000 »

thanks for replying im getting p40 and i just noticed that avro and albatross doesnt have accusim so im not buying them, i would rather save money for aerostar

thanks.......

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

It's your choice. I like the old biplanes myself. If I was to wait for A2A to accu-sim them, I would die of old age first. I'm getting there, in fact. :lol:

Steve

:wink:

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”