C172 P3Dv5 Issue

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Fynus
Airman Basic

C172 P3Dv5 Issue

Post by Fynus »

Hello everyone,

as some other people noticed before there are some issue when I copie the A2A folder to the Addons Folder of v5.
In my case, the propeller stops moving but I hear the engine running (though its not the same sound as in v4). Looking at the annuciation panel & instruments the engine failed. In the hangar/maintenance screen I got a fuel leak und left aileron failure. GTN750 works fine, same goes for the rest of avionics.

I followed the instructions, copied the whole folder over to v5 Addons folder. After a lots of hours trying to figure out the mistake I just used the discribed method of leaving the addon.xnl pointing to my already installed C172. It worked for one try, next time I load into the sim - same mistake.
As mentioned I have my v4 installed (bc. most of my addons are not compatible for now so I want to still enjoy flying with these addons).

Is there any further help you can give me at this point? If not, hopefully this helps you for the upcoming compatible update.

Cheers,
a A2A fanboy :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: C172 P3Dv5 Issue

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Fynus and welcome to the A2A forums.

If you reload the aircaft in the sim after the scenario loads, it should fix the issue you describe. To do this you can assign a keystroke to the "reload user object" action in P3D as shown (this action is unbound by default).

We've found a little bug in Accu-Sim which is triggered by the default P3Dv5 startup scenario, and this will be fixed when we release our official P3Dv5 installers.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Fynus
Airman Basic

Post by Fynus »

Wow that was a very quick help. Everything works now! Thank you very much

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome. :)

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

j0nx
Airman Basic

Post by j0nx »

How we doing on these V5 updaters? Didn't LM give you guys access to the early code so that you could have those ready by release time? Not sure how that works.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

j0nx wrote: 03 May 2020, 15:17 How we doing on these V5 updaters? Didn't LM give you guys access to the early code so that you could have those ready by release time? Not sure how that works.
Still working on them at the moment, will have them ready when they are ready. Lockheed released the first update already for the platform to address some issues including stability issues to help it stop crashing etc on systems.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”