landing light retraction logic

Honest, reliable, iconic American fighter
new reply
Zacke
Staff Sergeant

landing light retraction logic

Post by Zacke »

Hey guys,

concerning the landing light retraction logic: Shouldn't the light always retract if the switch is brought from the upper to the middle position? I seem to remember that was the case before I assigned a joystick button to that switch via the input configurator. But now if I put that switch back from up to the middle position (with joystick or with the mouse) the light goes off but doesn't retract. I have to switch it downwards (light on but retracted) and then back to the middle position.

Not quite sure it has to do with the joystick assignment. Hadn't time to check that yet.

Any ideas on that?

Thanks in advance,
Zacke

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: landing light retraction logic

Post by Paughco »

I just use Ctrl+L to turn the landing light on and off. It extends and turns on, then it turns off and retracts.

Seeya
ATB

Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Post by Zacke »

Did delete the joystick button designation and tried it only with the cockpit switch (mouse). It's quite odd: At first it again had the wrong logic (no retraction in middle position). Then I tried it with Ctrl-L and it seems to work. After that it also worked with the mouse.

Don't know. A miracle so far.

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

Ctrl+L. Trust me on this.

Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Post by Zacke »

Yes, I did so and it works. But there's no switching sound any more. Doesn't matter so far!

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

WHAT? Your hearing is probably shot due to all that glorious Allison engine noise. Or, you have your headphones on and can't hear it. Try turning up the cockpit sounds to 100% in P3D or FSX, then click the switch before you fire up the engine. Hope that helps.

What a great airplane.

Seeya
ATB

Zacke
Staff Sergeant

Post by Zacke »

Indeed it's an absolutely (fantastically simulated) airplane!

No, it doesn't have to do with the engine sounds. The sound just isn't there when I use CTRL+L. All other switches have their sounds.

new reply

Return to “P-40 Warhawk / Tomahawk”