[Updated 7 June: fourth batch of P3Dv5 installers available] Prepar3D v5 and A2A Simulations

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
patful
Master Sergeant

Re: [Updated 14 April 2020 with info for current P3Dv4 users] P3Dv5 and A2A Simulations

Post by patful »

I finally got through to see the system requirements. Only thing that stood out was that they recommend an octacore now. Does everybody that's seeing the performance increase have an octacore? Not sure my i5 7600K would cut it now even though it's OC'd to 4.8.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: [Updated 14 April 2020 with info for current P3Dv4 users] P3Dv5 and A2A Simulations

Post by Nick - A2A »

Just for anyone interested, here are a couple of comparison pics of the Bonanza in v5 over Orbx TrueEarth GB South showing the difference between the beta "enhanced atmospherics" and the default atmospheric rendering. I've also include FPS on the screenshots, and the settings used when capturing them in the images below.

Regular atmospheric rendering

Beta "enhanced atmospherics" enabled

The GPU is an RXT 2070 Super and the CPU an i9-9900K.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Thanks for posting that great reference Nick! Being new to P3D I need all the help I can get. In a general sense, how do your v4.5 settings compare to these?

Cheers,
Rob
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

As a general rule Rob, I tend to keep the scenery object sliders backed-off a bit in P3Dv4 but it seems that it's possible to use products like TrueEarth in v5 with full autogen density and pretty smooth framerates too. To be honest, I haven't experimented much over areas like London, but in spite of some niggles and potential stability issues, P3Dv5 seems to have great potential.

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

MrMe85
Airman

Post by MrMe85 »

Nick, how did you get the Bonanza to work in V5?

I've been scratching my head on this yesterday. I renamed the windshield.dll thing in an earlier post, and while I could load my Bonanza in V5 without ctd, the thing just glitches out and the prop won't even turn when I try to start the engines.
Andy

MrMe85
Airman

Post by MrMe85 »

twsharp12 wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 10:11
patful wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 09:46
twsharp12 wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 09:00 Really needs active sky. That's what I look forward to most.
I thought the TrueSky was supposed to inject realtime weather? I don't see the benefit of v5 if it doesn't.
Nope, no weather engine by default in V5.
For those looking for a weather engine, the freeware FSXWX seems to be working for now. Just an FYI.
Andy

RogerD
Airman Basic

Post by RogerD »

MrMe85 wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 18:53 Nick, how did you get the Bonanza to work in V5?

I've been scratching my head on this yesterday. I renamed the windshield.dll thing in an earlier post, and while I could load my Bonanza in V5 without ctd, the thing just glitches out and the prop won't even turn when I try to start the engines.
Hi Andy,
I had trouble with the C172 not starting as well. I found that the auto-start emptied my fuel tanks, the gauges showing empty. Refilled the tanks, did a manual start and there was then no problem. Tried an auto-shutdown as a test and then auto-start. Once again the tank gauges went to zero. No idea why I am afraid but at least you could try the same process.

Hope this helps.
Roger

MrMe85
Airman

Post by MrMe85 »

RogerD wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 19:05
MrMe85 wrote: 15 Apr 2020, 18:53 Nick, how did you get the Bonanza to work in V5?

Hi Andy,
I had trouble with the C172 not starting as well. I found that the auto-start emptied my fuel tanks, the gauges showing empty. Refilled the tanks, did a manual start and there was then no problem. Tried an auto-shutdown as a test and then auto-start. Once again the tank gauges went to zero. No idea why I am afraid but at least you could try the same process.

Hope this helps.
Roger
Thanks Roger, I got it working. Now I just need a working GPS, since my F1 GTNs don't work with V5. :D

Edit: For some reason, it doesn't work again (thus far, it worked for precisely one flight). Same issues. I would turn my starter, and the prop might move like 30 degrees, then come to a stop. The oil also just empties out. Hmm, frustrating.
Andy

kiwikat
Senior Airman

Post by kiwikat »

I can't start up the Comanche either. After hitting the start button it says "fuel leak" in the hangar view. Nothing I do after that even gets the prop moving. Hmm... :(

Savino
Airman Basic

Post by Savino »

good morning everyone, I recently bought the Bonanza for p3d4 and installed it in prd4. the other day I bought p3d5 and before installing it, I uninstalled p3d4 with all the planes and the various folders. P3d5 is fantastic and very fluid in the frame rate. Now I wanted to install the Bonanza A2A again, but the installation tells me that it is not possible because p3d4 is missing. please can someone help me in the installation in p3d5? Thanks for your help

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Savino wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 06:17 good morning everyone, I recently bought the Bonanza for p3d4 and installed it in prd4. the other day I bought p3d5 and before installing it, I uninstalled p3d4 with all the planes and the various folders. P3d5 is fantastic and very fluid in the frame rate. Now I wanted to install the Bonanza A2A again, but the installation tells me that it is not possible because p3d4 is missing. please can someone help me in the installation in p3d5? Thanks for your help
Hi Savino and welcome.

As mentioned in the first post, installers for P3Dv5 aren't available yet and won't be released until we have various updated files ready. If you already uninstalled P3Dv4 and your A2A fleet for the platform then you'll probably need to wait until the new installers are available.

For anyone else having issues using their A2A aircraft in P3Dv5, please bear in mind that the platform isn't officially supported yet. However, if you do wish to report issues, please post in the relevant tech support forum with full details such as whether you've copied and pasted your files or aliased to them, and include the full file path for your A2A add-ons etc.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Savino
Airman Basic

Post by Savino »

ok really thank you very much for your reply. unfortunately the error was mine that I canceled p3d4 and all the planes. Patience I will wait for the new installer. Thanks and good job

RogerD
Airman Basic

Post by RogerD »

Very fair comments Nick, you did warn us.

I just tried another flight in the C172, no problems until I eased the throttle back and the engine cut. The glide into the mountain was troubling with no alternate landing site available :D

Jarek123
Airman Basic

Post by Jarek123 »

Unfortunately disabling Windshield.dll is not enough :-(

If you start dark&cold the whole cockpit is impossible to read labels:

https://jalo.myqnapcloud.com:8082/share ... normal&ep=

In P3D v4 of course it looks perfect

Regards
Jarek

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Jarek123 wrote: 16 Apr 2020, 18:22 Unfortunately disabling Windshield.dll is not enough

If you start dark&cold the whole cockpit is impossible to read labels:

https://jalo.myqnapcloud.com:8082/share ... normal&ep=

In P3D v4 of course it looks perfect

Regards
Jarek
Hello Jarek,

Looks like you need to increase the global texture resolution in the P3Dv5 display settings to "high" or "ultra". Yours appear to be set to "very low (235x256)".

If this doesn't resolve the issue, please can you start a new topic as mentioned above.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”