[Updated 7 June: fourth batch of P3Dv5 installers available] Prepar3D v5 and A2A Simulations

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

[Updated 7 June: fourth batch of P3Dv5 installers available] Prepar3D v5 and A2A Simulations

Post by Nick - A2A »

[Updated 7 June 2020]

The fourth batch of Accu-Sim aircraft installers for Prepar3D v5 are now available on the A2A store. This bring all the existing Accu-Sim aircraft for Prepar3Dv4 into v5 of the platform. Future updates for these products will be available in the normal way and will be posted in this topic.
  • Accu-Sim Spitfire I & II
  • Accu-Sim P-51 Mustang
  • Accu-Sim L-049 Constellation "Captain of the Ship"
  • Accu-Sim C182 Skylane
  • Accu-Sim Comanche 250
  • Accu-Sim T-6 Texan
  • Accu-Sim P-40 Warhawk
  • Accu-sim-P-51 Civilian Mustang
  • Accu-Sim Cherokee 180
  • Accu-Sim C172 Trainer
  • Accu-Sim V35B Bonanza
  • Accu-Sim Piper J-3 Cub
  • Accu-Feel v2
If you log back into your account, you'll be able to download a new Prepar3D v5 compatible installer for each of these products. The final batch of installers for the existing P3D fleet will follow as soon as possible, and we'll also distribute the new installers to third-party stores for those customers who didn't purchase direct.

Spit_P3Dv5_2.jpg
Spit_P3Dv5_2.jpg (323.13 KiB) Viewed 34445 times

[Updated 23 May 2020]

The third batch of Accu-Sim aircraft installers for Prepar3D v5 are now available on the A2A store.

C182_P3Dv5_2.jpg
C182_P3Dv5_2.jpg (378.6 KiB) Viewed 45577 times

[Updated 16 May 2020]

The second batch of Accu-Sim aircraft installers for Prepar3D v5 are now available on the A2A store.

PA-28_P3Dv5_2.jpg
PA-28_P3Dv5_2.jpg (223.38 KiB) Viewed 50927 times

[Updated 7 May 2020]

The first batch of Accu-Sim aircraft installers for Prepar3D v5 are now available on the A2A store.

[Updated 14 April 2020]

Just some quick tips for early purchasers of Prepar3D v5 who wish to try their existing P3Dv4 add-ons from A2A in the new version of the simulator as soon as possible!

The simplest approach is to take advantage of P3D's auto-detect capability and copy and paste the entire "A2A" folder from "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" into the new "Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" folder. If your A2A add-ons are currently in another location, then as long as you copy the whole "A2A" folder into the new "Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" directory, the sim should detect and load them.

Important note! To avoid a CTD when loading a P3Dv4 Accu-Sim aircraft in P3Dv5, you must disable the "Windshield.dll" in the "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\A2A\Gauges" folder. You can do this by simply renaming or removing the dll in question.

Alternatively, if you wish to save disk space in your "Documents" folder, then instead of copying your whole P3Dv4 "A2A" folder into the P3Dv5 directory, you can alias to the existing files on your PC instead. To do this simply create a new folder in "Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons" called "A2A" or something similar. Then place a copy of the "add-on.xml" file into this new folder to reference the path of your current P3Dv4 add-ons. If your current P3Dv4 A2A add-ons are in the default "Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons" folder, then you can download and use this copy of the file; if your current path is different, you'll need to edit it a bit with Notepad or similar. If using this method, the above note about disabling the windshield.dll still applies.

As mentioned below, although existing 64-bit Accu-Sim aircraft should work pretty well in v5 of P3D, there are a few things that aren't quite right at present, Reflection in the gauge glass will seem a bit overdone, and aircraft lights may also need some work. There may also be further issues on an plane-by-plane basis.

Once we have more info on official support and installers for P3Dv5 we'll let you know, but in the meantime the tips above should get you flying your P3Dv4 A2A add-on in V5.

[Posted 9 April 2020]

Hello guys,

Now that the cat is out of the bag regarding Prepar3D v5 and the NDA has been lifted, just a quick word on the new version of the platform from A2A Simulations' perspective.

The outlook for PC flight sims is especially exciting and fast-changing right now, so charting our future development priorities is quite a challenge. Version 5 of Prepar3D is just about to drop into the mixing pot and offers some promising performance improvements and a bunch of interesting features.

Broadly speaking, our existing P3Dv4 aircraft already work pretty well in P3Dv5. However, there are a few features that currently aren't compatible. One of these is the dynamic windshield rain effect which will need updating for DirectX 12. As a result of the rendering changes in v5, we'll also have to make changes to some of the internal and external code, as well as to textures and aircraft models. This will be on a per product basis, as some are already showing they need more work than others.

At the time of writing we don’t have access to the P3Dv5 release candidate and we need to make sure we've got our hands on a stable version of the sim before we make any changes along these lines. For that reason, we won’t have new installers for v5 ready on the launch day next week.

However, if you already own Accu-Sim aircraft for P3Dv4 and you're keen to try them in the new version (which can easily be installed alongside v4) for the most part they should work as expected. You can simply copy and paste them into the add-ons folder for P3Dv5 or—if you wish to save disk space—you can alias to the existing files in the P3Dv4 add-ons folder. We'll provide a bit more info on this upon release.

One last bit to clarify just in case anybody is wondering. As for previous versions of Prepar3D, any updates we provide for Accu-Sim aircraft for P3Dv5 will be free of charge if you already own the P3D version. :)

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Re: Prepar3D v5 and A2A Simulations

Post by Medtner »

Fantastic news!

Take your time, and make good use of the new v5 bells and whistles! :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

Free of charge? :shock:
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Ifikratis
Airman First Class

Post by Ifikratis »

Amazing news Nick! Thank you and the A2A team so much for keep supporting and adapting to the latest developments and especially for free for existing customers. :D

The A2A fleet is the most advanced GA fleet in P3D and I can't wait to get these updates when available, adapting to the latest rendering features of v5.
| C172 Trainer | C182 Skylane | J3 Cub | L049 Constellation | PA24 Commanche | PA28 Cherokee | P-40 Warhawk | P-51D Military | P-51D Civilian | Spitfire MkI-II | T-6 Texan | V35B Bonanza | B-17 Flying Fortress |

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Well, that's one less thing to worry about then. :D

DrumsArt
Staff Sergeant

Post by DrumsArt »

Very big thank you! 8)

Richard.
Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel i7-4770K [email protected] x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10 Pro 64|Fsx Accel|P3Dv4.5HF2|Rex|Saitek Pro Flight Yoke/Rudder/Quadrant/Switch Panel|ThrustMaster Hotas Warthog|ActiveSky P3Dv4+Asca|Mce|All A2A

vbazillio
Airman First Class

Post by vbazillio »

It's exciting to see how our simmers world is full of positive surprice. In France, we are stay-at-home and - believe me - your post is breath of fresh air.
Thank you.

sniper31
Airman

Post by sniper31 »

This is indeed, awesome news...thank you A2A!

kilo_alpha
Airman

Post by kilo_alpha »

Truly awesome news, thank´s a lot A2A! Can´t imagine switching platforms/simulators without my A2A Mustangs.

Greetings,

Kai
ImageImageImage

YoYo
Staff Sergeant

Post by YoYo »

Thx A2A Team!
Im waiting for new Cub for v5 firstly :D .
http://yoyosims.pl/
W10, i9 9900K, RTX 3090, RAM32Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3200MHz, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] HP Reverb v2, VR fly only

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

Anyone else tired of the updating/battling with P3D? I've finally got it running smoothly and hoping that is that until Microsoft's sim is out. I'm hoping for a platform that is less tweaking and more using and I'm hoping that A2A is going to be in there. No harm in a bit of wishful thinking :-)

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

pilot37 wrote: 10 Apr 2020, 08:07 Anyone else tired of the updating/battling with P3D?
Yes, me. V4 is finally looking spiffy and running tickety-boo on my system, so I shan't be in any hurry to leave it for a while.

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

Now does v5 have aircraft self-reflections? I've been waiting for this for a long time in a flight sim. It's stunning in MSFS!

leeclements
Airman Basic

Post by leeclements »

where can I buy the a2a capt of the 1049 connie from you guys a2a

Dreamsofwings
A2A Mechanic

Post by Dreamsofwings »

This is fantastic news about no additional charges for the V5 updated versions.
I will be waiting until my A2A fleet, and other addons, are all checked out for V5 before I make any transfer that's for sure.

Dreamsofwings youtube channel https://m.youtube.com/c/Dreamsofwings
@dreamsofwings1 page on Facebook. Dreamsofwings1 on Instagram & Twitter

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”