A2A C182 Skylane and F1 GNS 430: HSI Indications

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Alex73
Airman Basic

A2A C182 Skylane and F1 GNS 430: HSI Indications

Post by Alex73 »

Hello everyone,

I assume there are some issues with the interconnection between my A2A C182 HSI and the Flight 1 GNS 430.

Instrument Panel Self Test:

As you can see, most of the positions specified by the GPS do not coincide with the indications on the HSI:
• LCDI und VCDI: Wrong Indications
• LFLG und VFLG: Correct Indications
• To/From Flag: No Indication
• RMI: As far as I know not available, so why do I get a value of 135°?
• OBS: Set on 150°, so why no reading on the GPS?
• Annunciator: Showing NAV
• Desired Track: Course Select Pointer was set automatically to 150°

Now I ask myself, is my interpretation of the indications correct? And if that is the case, is the Instrument Panel Self Test even properly simulated and if yes, do I maybe have wrong settings?

In flight I get the following situation:

When passing a waypoint the HSI automatically sets the next Desired Track from the GPS. However, as the picture shows I don´t get course deviations indicated by the CDI, it remains centered throughout the whole flight. As you can see I also get the NAV-Flag appearing, so obviously the signal received by the HSI is not reliable, but why?

Here is how I would expect it to function:
When I enter a flight plan I get a Desired Track from the GPS. This Desired Track will I set manually on the HSI and consequently I will get deviations indicated by the CDI when being off course. For this to work the NAV-Source is of course set to GPS.
But how do I get it to work that way? I appreciate absolute every idea and input and I´m already looking forward to your help! Thank you a lot!

Alexander

PS: Here are my GPS settings:

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: A2A C182 Skylane and F1 GNS 430: HSI Indications

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Alexander,

Welcome to the A2A forums and thanks for providing such detailed info in your first post.

Over the past couple of month, we've had a few similar reports from customers who use the F1 GNS units, and today I managed to get hold of a copy and install them on own system.

Unfortunately, I see exactly the same issue that you describe in our 182. After testing in the 182 using P3Dv4.5, I installed the GNS gauges in the default Maule M7 and found the same problem: no connection between the GNS gauge and the HSI/VOR indicator gauges when the CDI is set to 'GPS' mode. This leads me to suspect the issue lies with the integration between the GNS units and P3Dv4 itself.

Could you try the same test? Install the GNS units in one of the default P3D aircraft and check in the same behaviour is seen. It may be worth right-clicking the SD card slot on the GPS as this toggles through the different nav source options.

When we last updated these products to support the F1 units, this functionality was tested and seemed to be working fine, but since this time there have been a few different P3Dv4 subversions and F1 updates so it's likely one of these is responsible.

Thanks,
Nick

Edit: based on a little further research now I'm able to access the F1 support forums for this product, it seems reverting back to v2.06 of the GNS is the approach some of their customers have used: https://www.simforums.com/forums/gns-40 ... 62477.html. The latest version which I tested with is v2.07 although it seems you have v2.05 installed Alexander.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Alex73
Airman Basic

Post by Alex73 »

Hello Nick,

thank you so much for your answer with all those hints and information you provided. I appreciate this a lot! :)

First of all you made me aware of running an old version of the GNS Config Tool. I thought updating it via the Update Tool is sufficient, but obviously it´s not. Therefore I downloaded the current installer from their website and installed it.

Regarding the versions I´m currently running:
• P3D: v4.5.12.30293
• Flight1 GNS 430: 1.17 (via the update tool)
• Flight 1 GNS Config Tool: V 2.07
• A2A C182: Up to date via the Update tool

I also did the test you told me and this is the result:

As you can see and as you already said, the same problem occurs. No connection between the GPS and the HSI Indicator. I tried to right-click on the SD card slot, however nothing happened apart from the beeping sound.

Reverting back to v2.06 sounds like an approach worth trying. However I don´t know where to get this version from and I also don´t have access to theirs forums, so I wasn´t able to read what the link you sent contains.

I´m also not quite sure if you are the correct contact person to address those problems. Therefore it´s totally fine if you forward me to their forums, then I will create an account there as well.

Either way, once again thank you very much for your help and your time! Much appreciated! :)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Alexander,

Thanks very much for testing the functionality with a default plane. Yes, as suspected, the issue is with the Flight1 GNS itself and not with how it's integrated into the 182. That means that unfortunately there's nothing we can do to address the issue from our end at this stage.

As you say, your best bet is to register for the F1 support forum and drop them a line. I believe you need your product certificate ID to access their forums.

Good luck!
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

Alex73
Airman Basic

Post by Alex73 »

Hello Nick,

once again thank you so much for your answer. I will see what I can find out at F1´s forums and will drop the solution here as well if we find one. :)

Alexander

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

You're welcome Alexander and yes, will be very interested to hear if you receive info on a solution from F1.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”