Speculation on new upcoming core tech in Accusim

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Speculation on new upcoming core tech in Accusim

Post by Medtner »

There has been some low key hints about upcoming updates on some of the older aircraft. There has been teased something for the C-172, for example.

I have no inside info, but I'm just looking at the wording by Scott here (from the post on the Thanksgiving Sale).

Fuel? Are we getting some upgrade on the fueling tech?
Scott - A2A wrote: 27 Nov 2019, 17:41
This week we’ve been working on our core technology that will fuel all of our future aircraft. We’ve learned a lot the past 18 months and we hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and we look forward to the most exiting time ahead, as we push flight simulation higher and higher.

Scott.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Speculation on new upcoming core tech in Accusim

Post by Dogsbody55 »

A2A is going green. All future Accusim planes will be solar or wind powered!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just wildly speculating,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

Erik
I think it is a language thing..Scott was talking about "fueling" as in" fueling my thoughts" not actual fuel.
Cheers Chris

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

speedy70 wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 06:05 Erik
I think it is a language thing..Scott was talking about "fueling" as in" fueling my thoughts" not actual fuel.
Cheers Chris
I'm 90% sure you're right, but it fueled my need for speculation on whatever the tech was. :-P

The remaining 10% I attribute to the fact that, while Scott hasn't been known for playing word games, he is a very clever guy. He might have decided to let go of a hint. (or not)

In the Cessna 172, what other "core tech" could be lacking that they are retrofitting?
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Sorry to be down to earth but the only question I have is how much Accusim will fit into the FS20 environment as shown in the Asobo aerodynamics and cockpit videos.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Dominique wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 07:41 Sorry to be down to earth but the only question I have is how much Accusim will fit into the FS20 environment as shown in the Asobo aerodynamics and cockpit videos.
Yeah, well... there is that too... Scarily exciting times, eh? :-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

Yes, these are good times for the hobby .
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

Dominique wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 07:41 Sorry to be down to earth but the only question I have is how much Accusim will fit into the FS20 environment as shown in the Asobo aerodynamics and cockpit videos.
My Crystal ball is in the shop for an overhaul, but when I get it back, I will let you know :wink:
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

bobsk8 wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 08:45
My Crystal ball is in the shop for an overhaul, but when I get it back, I will let you know :wink:
Hey, are you perhaps using the same shop as I? They never seem to be able to fix the damned thing...
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

So let’s do a thought experiment...let’s say it is fuel related...what could they possibly be doing with fuel that has yet to be done or improved upon? Different grade fuel produces different results in engine power and fuel burn? More realistic fuel burn and fuel weight? Perhaps the aircraft can only be refueled at airports with fuel in real life? You now have to pay for fuel with accu-cash?
What are everyone else’s ideas?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

They already said the Cub would have PBR. Based on Scott's statement, he said the technology was for future aircraft, not existing ones. I doubt we ever see the Bonanza gauges, etc. on any older P3D offerings. With MSFS 2020 on the horizon, everything seems to be at a standstill, and I can't blame them.

ImpendingJoker
Staff Sergeant

Post by ImpendingJoker »

patful wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 22:24 They already said the Cub would have PBR. Based on Scott's statement, he said the technology was for future aircraft, not existing ones. I doubt we ever see the Bonanza gauges, etc. on any older P3D offerings. With MSFS 2020 on the horizon, everything seems to be at a standstill, and I can't blame them.
Oh I highly doubt that it is at a stand still. As others and myself have already speculated, we have a nagging suspicion that A2A is already either working with Microsoft directly on the new MSFS or is already developing planes for the new MSFS. As was clearly indicated by the announcement about the T-6A II and the T-38, they are quite able to keep what they are working on to themselves for very long spans of time. We just don't see the feverish pace that they are working at behind the scenes. Scott has always said that A2A is fluid and they watch what is coming down the pipe. I would even further speculate that the C172 in the videos is A2A's work. Now I could be totally wrong here but, I am not the only one thinking this. They will chime in when the time is right.
Paul

Part 65 certified Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
Part 107 certified Remote Pilot in Command
Part 147 Instructor

Romeo_Tango
Senior Airman

Post by Romeo_Tango »

A2A, Accusim, getting ready for the new Microsoft sim.
ImageImage ImageImageImage[/url]Image

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

patful wrote: 29 Nov 2019, 22:24 With MSFS 2020 on the horizon, everything seems to be at a standstill, and I can't blame them.
If that is a more generally felt sentiment, I - with reluctant admiration - have to give the MS marketeers a bonus for a job well done: MS only needs to announce a new product, and every competitor experiences a revenue reduction. MS have a very long tradition in that game of playing announcementware against honest real products.
Let us not fall into their trap and let‘s continue to buy/fly the best simulation(s) on the market, the best sceneries, and the best aircraft, and not wait for something that MS ‚plans on offering/hints doing/showcasing‘.
I for myself am glad that with LM a professional aircraft company has taken over the simulator, to use it for professional flying purposes - as opposed to a firm that makes its revenue from games. We have all seen and experienced that our simulator(s) i. e. including X-Plane, have become more ‚professional‘ in the sense that they come closer to simulating the real world of flying instead of just offering entertainment.
And that encompasses: simulation model, sceneries, and aircraft. I want competition in the market for sceneries and aircraft, I want sceneries that I can use when flying VFR, that is, recognize the landscape that I am flying over. And many other things that I do not expect to be important for MS. If I want to play games, I start DCS (for example) a phantastic game of aerial combat, ground combat etc. But if I want to train ILS or VFR flying, I need other characteristics than those that are important in a game.

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”