What was the date of the last A2A release?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
jclay13
Senior Airman

What was the date of the last A2A release?

Post by jclay13 »

Seems like it has been such a long time since we’ve seen anything new. Can we expect anything in the near future?

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: What was the date of the last A2A release?

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
The cub for P3Dv4 has been in beta for about 2 months , so might be released about xmas , also the texan 2 for the military might be ready for the public about xmas , B17 for the P3Dv4 is in work apparently , plus thanks to constant P3D updates that seem to screw something on A2A aircraft , is causeing A2A to do updates to fix what locheed break, all the above is my take on what might be , only A2A can give definate answers on releases so dont take my answer as certain , its not , so just keep looking in , one day you will be surprised.
regards alan. 8) :lol:

jclay13
Senior Airman

Post by jclay13 »

alan CXA651 wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 10:17 Hi.
The cub for P3Dv4 has been in beta for about 2 months , so might be released about xmas , also the texan 2 for the military might be ready for the public about xmas , B17 for the P3Dv4 is in work apparently , plus thanks to constant P3D updates that seem to screw something on A2A aircraft , is causeing A2A to do updates to fix what locheed break, all the above is my take on what might be , only A2A can give definate answers on releases so dont take my answer as certain , its not , so just keep looking in , one day you will be surprised.
regards alan. 8) :lol:
Makes me think I need to get off FSX and go to P3D. Im getting bored with the hobby on FSX.

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

If you're asking when the last brand-new thing came out (as opposed to an update of an already-released plane), I *think* it was the Bonanza, about mid-September 2018.

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Patience young grasshopper
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

n421nj wrote: 04 Nov 2019, 19:17 Patience young grasshopper
that's one REALLY hard task... :D

PATCO LCH
Airman Basic

Post by PATCO LCH »

ImageSure wish they would do the Stratocrusier for P3DV4.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

It's been too long. Ten years ago I thought I'd be flying a Lancaster by now. Yeah. I said the word.

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

An update on something, anything is overdue.

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

Long overdue.

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

I suppose the MSFS announcement has caused some serious behind-the-scenes rethinking/re-prioritization among add-on developers. Interestingly, PMDG have just announced they're essentially dropping development for all other platforms and focusing solely on the new sim from MS...

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

TymK wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 16:52 Interestingly, PMDG have just announced they're essentially dropping development for all other platforms and focusing solely on the new sim from MS...
Not exactly all other platforms, just dropping XP and 32-bit: As part of our strategic objective to simplify our development agenda, we are pivoting to dedicate all of our development resources to our Prepar3D v4 product lines and to our upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator product lines.

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum ... -hours-etc

That said, with the long wait for the Cub, I might hold off buying immediately now that my interest in MSFS is kicking in. Hopefully you don't need a hyperthreading CPU or 12 GB of VRAM, 'cuz I ain't going that route. Fingers still crossed I get invited to participate in Alpha 2.

TymK
Staff Sergeant

Post by TymK »

patful wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 18:01 Not exactly all other platforms, just dropping XP and 32-bit: As part of our strategic objective to simplify our development agenda, we are pivoting to dedicate all of our development resources to our Prepar3D v4 product lines and to our upcoming Microsoft Flight Simulator product lines.
Further down, they also say that The previously announced PMDG 737NG3 product line is being realigned in order to support the new Microsoft Flight Simulator platform. PMDG 737NG3 will now be released as an MSFS-only product, so it looks like they are going to keep the existing P3Dv4 products on life support, but that's it... This is a huge vote of confidence in the new platform, it would really be interesting to hear what A2A have to say about that... :twisted:

As much as I'd love to have the Cub in P3Dv4, I wouldn't be surprised if it was put on hold until the MSFS release... OK, enough of the speculation. :wink:

Good luck with the Alpha 2 recruitment! :D

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

TymK wrote: 07 Nov 2019, 18:20As much as I'd love to have the Cub in P3Dv4, I wouldn't be surprised if it was put on hold until the MSFS release... OK, enough of the speculation.
I hate to say it but that was my first thought when I read the announcement about PMDG.

It's bad enough that the P3Dv4 Cub has gone from "any minute now" to "maybe in May" (estimated 6 months to release). I still remember when the F-104 went on the back burner.

Hook

clarkejw
Senior Airman

Post by clarkejw »

Well, if that's the thinking at A2A, or they are contemplating a change in direction, or embracing the new sim, an announcement would be nice.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”