Collings Foundation B-17G Crash

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
thomas_mac
Senior Airman

Re: Collings Foundation B-17G Crash

Post by thomas_mac »

cessna lover wrote: 07 Oct 2019, 08:30
bobsk8 wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 15:57 https://youtu.be/5g6396ldrT4
thank you for posting this video sir. but it's absolutely disgusting that YouTube had to put stupid little ad's in the on the video. I hope they got my feed back about that. something this sad and tragic should never be looked at for money. this was a special plane she's NOT a cash cow for YouTube :evil:
YouTube ads are solely at the discretion of uploader and have nothing to do with YouTube.

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

You know someone(s) took the time to write a whole Wikipedia page about this accident? I was searching for something totally unrelated and it came up.
If you're curious: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Boei ... ress_crash

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

thomas_mac wrote: 08 Oct 2019, 15:29
bobsk8 wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 15:57 https://youtu.be/5g6396ldrT4
thank you for posting this video sir. but it's absolutely disgusting that YouTube had to put stupid little ad's in the on the video. I hope they got my feed back about that. something this sad and tragic should never be looked at for money. this was a special plane she's NOT a cash cow for YouTube :evil:
YouTube ads are solely at the discretion of uploader and have nothing to do with YouTube.
oh I thought was from you tube. still it's ain't right seeing how people died here

hazzer111
Airman

Post by hazzer111 »

cessna lover wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 04:48
oh I thought was from you tube. still it's ain't right seeing how people died here

How is it different from any news agency having adverts on their website or TV channel?

It isn't.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

hazzer111 wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 15:11
cessna lover wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 04:48

How is it different from any news agency having adverts on their website or TV channel?

It isn't.
because they do it after running an article in the news not before.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

sorry guys but this is going to be my last post on this thread. it took me 3 days to get the picture of this beloved plane out of my head and I don't want to talk about it any more. I'm going to move on. R.I.P Nine O Nine and crew :cry:

Cherokeepilot19
Senior Airman

Post by Cherokeepilot19 »

Preliminary report has been posted by NTSB if anyone is interested.

https://app.ntsb.gov/pdfgenerator/Repor ... m&IType=MA
"A good landing is one you can walk away from.. A great landing is one when you can reuse the plane!" :D
i9-9900k @ 5.2 GHz W/C'ed
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti HYBRID 11GB
32GB DDR4 @ 3400 MHz
ASUS Z390-E | EVGA 1200w P2
970 Evo+ 512gb

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi .
The pre-lim report leaves a lot of questions that still need answers , hopefully the engineer can answer the NTSB , to give some if not all the answers to this terrible accident.
my thoughts and prayers go to the survivers and relatives of all who lost the lives.
regards alan. 8) :(

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

I watched Juan Browns review oft he preliminary report on Youtube last evening. Some things didn't make any sense to me. If all they had was one engine feathered, why could they only climb to 300 feet AGL? I would be nervous flying a traffic pattern at 300 ft, in a C172. Seems like more was going on that just problems with engine #4, .
https://youtu.be/5YN4QAdji7Y
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Bob.
I read the report on the link above my previous post , if you have not done so yet , i suggest you read it , but it still needs a lot more investigation , to get to the bottom of this aircrafts issues that caused this terrible crash.
regards alan. 8)

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

alan CXA651 wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 07:32 Hi Bob.
I read the report on the link above my previous post , if you have not done so yet , i suggest you read it , but it still needs a lot more investigation , to get to the bottom of this aircrafts issues that caused this terrible crash.
regards alan. 8)
Read the report from top to bottom yesterday.
MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

An NTSB preliminary report is simply that; a preliminary report. Notice as you read it that the report makes ZERO attempt to determine cause or even discuss a probable cause. All the prelim report does is state the known facts putting the facts in place on a time line.
The prelim report is the tool the NTSB uses to open the door to what will eventually be their final report. It is in the final report where probable cause is determined if possible from the sum total of data collection made during the complete investigation.
NOTICE the complete absence of speculation in a preliminary NTSB report.
Dudley Henriques

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 16 Oct 2019, 09:47 NOTICE the complete absence of speculation in a preliminary NTSB report.
Dudley Henriques
Thank you once again, Dudley.
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”