Collings Foundation B-17G Crash

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
cessna lover

Re: Collings Foundation B-17G Crash

Post by cessna lover »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 08:47
cessna lover wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 04:03
ClipperLuna wrote: 03 Oct 2019, 16:51

A whole team of the finest aircraft accident investigators on earth is working on that very question right now. It may take them a couple months or more, but they'll figure it out.
i just can't believe that one engine failure could cause something like this. very sad indeed. I have a lot of pictures of NINE O NINE around. R.I.P :cry:
I know no harm intended but please don't speculate on what "might" have caused or even not caused this accident. All other comment that avoids speculation of any kind is fine.
What happens is that once someone "suggests" what might have been a cause, others are tempted to join in and speculation begins.
We STRONGLY discourage this happening on our forums here at A2A.
Thank you very much for your cooperation.
Dudley Henriques
Yes sir I agree. and my apology's sir.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

cessna lover wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 08:56
cessna lover wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 04:03

i just can't believe that one engine failure could cause something like this. very sad indeed. I have a lot of pictures of NINE O NINE around. R.I.P :cry:
I know no harm intended but please don't speculate on what "might" have caused or even not caused this accident. All other comment that avoids speculation of any kind is fine.
What happens is that once someone "suggests" what might have been a cause, others are tempted to join in and speculation begins.
Dudley Henriques
No harm done, and thank you very much for your understanding.
Dudley Henriques

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 08:57
cessna lover wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 08:56

Dudley Henriques
No harm done, and thank you very much for your understanding.
Dudley Henriques
hey no problem. thank you for letting know where my posts where heading :wink:

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Such a shame
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

n421nj wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 10:34Such a shame
yeah you got that right. I wonder if the Collings Foundation is going to remain open or if they will close now?

JJB17463rdBombGroup
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JJB17463rdBombGroup »

Sad and tragic news especially because of the loss of lives as well as the loss of a vintage B-17 :cry:
Son of a U.S.A.A.F. 15th Air Force 463rd bomb group 772nd squadron B17 pilot.

HAROLD SCHECKEL JR
Airman First Class

Post by HAROLD SCHECKEL JR »

Interesting video by an Airline Pilot regarding the B-17 crash. Last half of video explains the many procedures and regulations they must follow give rides in these aircraft.
Harold

https://youtu.be/Fpv-xxYQ8-o

batt
Senior Airman

Post by batt »

My heartfelt condolences to the Collings Foundation as well as the families of all those aboard. Also prayers for the survivors that they experience full, speedy recovery. As for 909 herself, she was my personal favorite among all the surviving Forts. She will be greatly missed.

I have full confidence that the Collings Foundation will bounce back from this horrible tragedy and again bring their living history program to the public as they've always done. They're a great bunch of folks and I look forward to supporting them when I can.
Image Image Image
ImageImage

lonewulf47
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by lonewulf47 »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 04 Oct 2019, 08:47 I know no harm intended but please don't speculate on what "might" have caused or even not caused this accident. All other comment that avoids speculation of any kind is fine.
Dudley Henriques
Wise words indeed, Dudley. Thank you ! I'm absolutely in line with you.
Oskar

ASUS MAXIMUS XI Hero, i9-9900K 8 Core OC 5.2 GHz, WIN10-64Bit, 32GB DDR5, Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Strix, 2x 2 TB SSD M.2, 1x 2 TB SSD, 1 monitor 4k, AS4, EFB on remote PC

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

Tomas Linnet wrote: 05 Oct 2019, 05:05 Forum rules:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=48854
thank you sir I read those. :D

bobsk8
Technical Sergeant

Post by bobsk8 »

MSFS 2020
ATC by PF3

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

bobsk8 wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 15:57 https://youtu.be/5g6396ldrT4
thank you for posting this video sir. but it's absolutely disgusting that YouTube had to put stupid little ad's in the on the video. I hope they got my feed back about that. something this sad and tragic should never be looked at for money. this was a special plane she's NOT a cash cow for YouTube :evil:

cessna lover

Post by cessna lover »

not to take away any thing from this tragedy. but the NINE O NINE is not the only b-17 that has crashed I seen some where some one said we only have 8 b-17's flying but that's not true. the liberty bell crashed a few years ago as well so there are only 7 of these precious pieces of history left :cry: so sad

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

cessna lover wrote: 07 Oct 2019, 08:30
bobsk8 wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 15:57 https://youtu.be/5g6396ldrT4
thank you for posting this video sir. but it's absolutely disgusting that YouTube had to put stupid little ad's in the on the video. I hope they got my feed back about that. something this sad and tragic should never be looked at for money. this was a special plane she's NOT a cash cow for YouTube :evil:
People died in that crash who where very special to their friends and families, and you worry about how the plane is being treated by YouTube? Some mixed up priorities, I'd say. ;)

Yes, these aircraft are special and rare, but they are still just things.
Happy Landings
- Patrick

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”