When will A2A tackle this?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

When will A2A tackle this?

Post by curtis72561 »

Carenado has a decent Skymaster but we know it won't compare to A2A. Seeing the pic posted by gulredrel made me go fly mine.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: When will A2A tackle this?

Post by Dogsbody55 »

Not soon enough, is my response. :mrgreen: I have this plane too, but it needs more than AccuFeel. It's the only other plane apart from :a2a: that I have installed in :p3d:

Please???? :a2awhite: :a2awhite: :a2awhite:
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

curtis72561
Staff Sergeant

Post by curtis72561 »

Dogsbody55 wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 23:18 Not soon enough, is my response. :mrgreen: I have this plane too, but it needs more than AccuFeel. It's the only other plane apart from :a2a: that I have installed in :p3d:

Please???? :a2awhite: :a2awhite: :a2awhite:
Mike
I guess I need to find it for :p3d: . I tried to install mine in :fsx: and it won't work. :( :fsx: only. It would be nice in :p3d: .
Beeachcraft V35 Bonanza, Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, Cessna C-172 Skyhawk, Cessna C-182 Skylane, Curtis P-40, North American P-51D Mustang Civilian
North American AT6 Texan, Piper PA-28 Cherokee, Piper PA-24 Comanche, Piper J-3 Cub, Supermarine Spitfire

Hook
Master Sergeant

Post by Hook »

I have the Carenado Cessna 337 Skymaster running in P3Dv4, and had it in P3Dv2.5, originally purchased for FSX. There should be a new version of it that you can download that includes a P3Dv4 install. No extra charge for the update.

Hook

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Someone I know with some experience with the type once commented about Cessna 337: "It is actually not as bad as it looks." :mrgreen:

-Esa

Dominique
Technical Sergeant

Post by Dominique »

I bought the Carenado because I flew so much the FSD O2A in FS9. A disappointing purchase.
Dominique
i7-4770 /Nvidia 1080 and MSFS
Proud ownerin FS9 of the P-47 and P-51, in FSX/P3D of the Piper Cub, Cherokee, Comanche, P-40, P-51 civ., Texan, Boeing Stratocruiser, Cessna Skylane and in MSFS of the Comanche

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

AKar wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 04:06 Someone I know with some experience with the type once commented about Cessna 337: "It is actually not as bad as it looks." :mrgreen:

-Esa
I was the Chief Pilot for a Real Estate Corp owned by a close friend back in the stone age. We flew his 336 (a 337 with fixed gear) as well as other planes he owned. Nice plane but nothing special really.
Dudley Henriques

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

DHenriquesA2A wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 06:00
AKar wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 04:06 Someone I know with some experience with the type once commented about Cessna 337: "It is actually not as bad as it looks." :mrgreen:

-Esa
I was the Chief Pilot for a Real Estate Corp owned by a close friend back in the stone age. We flew his 336 (a 337 with fixed gear) as well as other planes he owned. Nice plane but nothing special really.
Dudley Henriques
Yeah, from tech side it was apparently somewhat surprising in that even if the first reaction to seeing one is the usual "Please, God, no....", it turned out to be rather solid, no-nonsense aircraft. That is, typical Cessna.

Personally, I don't recall even ever seeing one up close.

-Esa

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

The 337 was surprisingly a common bird here in France. It was manufactured in the french Cessna factory in Reims. One friend's father flew one and told it was a tough airplane but he had overheating problem with the rear engine.

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Folks,

We had someone @ my homedrome (KMGJ) die in one - decided the little placard that stated "don't take off on one engine" really didn't mean that much and commenced takeoff with one dead engine... The dead engine wasn't even feathered during post crash examination... I swear - we're our own worst enemy at times...

Regards,
Scott

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

scottb613 wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 07:56 Hi Folks,

We had someone @ my homedrome (KMGJ) die in one - decided the little placard that stated "don't take off on one engine" really didn't mean that much and commenced takeoff with one dead engine... The dead engine wasn't even feathered during post crash examination... I swear - we're our own worst enemy at times...

Regards,
Scott
Apparently that placard is courtesy of FAA mandate (an AD requirement). I've read/heard the problem was that due to occasional overheating issues during prolonged ground/taxi time, people regularly taxied the airplane with the rear engine shut down. And then, as it is not visible from the cockpit, they forgot to fire it up before takeoff, and thereby took the fast route to gain some name in aviation...

-Esa

scottb613
Technical Sergeant

Post by scottb613 »

Hi Esa,

Unfortunately in this case - he couldn't get the engine started - wanted the airport personnel to attempt to "jump" him but they didn't have the equipment (I don't know the electrical system but odd that he wanted a jump with an engine that could be started) - and subsequently announced on CTAF that: "he was attempting a single engine takeoff"... Talk about breaking the link in the accident chain - he had so many opportunities... It was a while ago - this is just my recollection of events... This one just stuck with me - as it was just so needless and easily avoided...

Regards,
Scott

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

The airplane must have been an attempt by Cessna to get into the light twin market to compete with the Twin Comanche, Aztec, Travel Air/Baron series and theirs would be safer with contra-rotating props which didn't require additional skills to handle in an engine out situation, like the competitors' offerings. I don't know if that turned out to be true and I suspect not, but to me the airplane is about the ugliest light twin out there...and it sounds weird too...

That's just me, but sorry Skymaster aficionados; if by some wave of a magic wand or something amidst the plethora of all the other projects on the shelf, A2A comes up with a 337, I'd not be on the potential customer list...not that I think there's a snowball in hell's chance of that happening... :mrgreen:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

scottb613 wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 08:30 Hi Esa,

Unfortunately in this case - he couldn't get the engine started - wanted the airport personnel to attempt to "jump" him but they didn't have the equipment (I don't know the electrical system but odd that he wanted a jump with an engine that could be started) - and subsequently announced on CTAF that: "he was attempting a single engine takeoff"... Talk about breaking the link in the accident chain - he had so many opportunities... It was a while ago - this is just my recollection of events... This one just stuck with me - as it was just so needless and easily avoided...

Regards,
Scott
Scott,

That's a sad story. It is always woeful and sad when pure idiocy gets the very people who ought to have known better. I'm unfortunate as well to have a few numbers never answering again still in my phone for this very reason. Even those who we rate the highest are not always immune.

-Esa

guillaume78150
Staff Sergeant

Post by guillaume78150 »

When visiting the old Reims Aviation manufacturing plant years ago, the guy who organized the visit told us Cessna choose the "336" nr in reference to the german Dornier 335. Legend ?

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”