A2A Development Update May 2019

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Re: A2A Development Update May 2019 (Captain Jake CFI Sale 25% off)

Post by Roadburner426 »

Congrats to Jake for getting his CFI!! I am jealous that I still have never even finished my PPL and here he is at 18 as a CFI. A tremendous accomplishment. Good news on the development front too. Looks like this year is going to be expensive. :lol:
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Great update!

For me, the biggest thing is of course the Aerostar, even if it may be long way into the future, or may not become a product at all in the worst case.

The Cub.., it would be great if it was brought up to the standards of the current GA fleet in terms of hangar and stuff. Obviously not many systems in place here, but any added fidelity is taken with gratitude at my end!

Also, congrats must go to Jake. Should I happen to visit your corner of the world, I must book a lesson in advance! ;)

-Esa

vtracy
Senior Airman

Post by vtracy »

Gentlefolks at A2A,

thank you for all the work that you have been doing behind the scenes. I can imagine it being painful to experience so much and not to be able to tell the world about it for so long! At last, here they are, all the new/improved aircraft for us to experience as well.
I am so looking forward to the ‚refurbished‘ Spitfire (although I wouldn‘t know what there was to be improved...)! Can‘t wait to try it out in the skies over Dover. (I am a tiny bit disappointed that the great adversary of the Spitfire, the Me 109E, could not make it to the A2A skies - at all or at least at the same time...

Anyway: When can I send the check?
Volker

Any landing that you can walk away from is a good landing!

MkIV Hvd
A2A Mechanic

Post by MkIV Hvd »

Wow!! You guys have been busy!!!

Thanks for the update and thanks for the sale! :D

Sincere congratulations Jake! Now the real learning starts... :wink:
Rob Wilkinson
A2A: Civilian Mustang, T-6, Bonanza, Comanche, Cub, C182, Spitfire, P-40, Cherokee, P-51 - VATSIM P4 and some other stuff...

A-26Invader
Staff Sergeant

Post by A-26Invader »

Thank you for getting back to us Scott!
ImageImageImage

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

Mega congrats Captain Jake ....the planet's yer oyster, surely.

T-6A Texan II .... single WOW

Aerostar 600 .... double WOW

T-38a Talon Trainer .....triple WOW!!!

Rod (EGBB .....stunned ..... blown away ..... permission to breathe!....)

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Post by AviationAtWar »

I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but did anyone else read Scott's post as the Texan II is for the military only and we'll hopefully get the T-38? He said that the hope and expectation is to bring us the T-38, but nothing was said about releasing the Texan to the public.

Xordus
Airman Basic

Post by Xordus »

This all looks amazing, but I have to wonder.. is this new development sticking with P3D/FSX? At this point, A2A will be the only company left keeping this simulator alive imo. It just seems that the future for commercial flight sims isn't in P3D.

I know they're not planning on developing for DCS, likely due to ED's stringent control and requirements for any third-party developer, but X-Plane seems a better option than just plowing ahead in a simulator that seems to be contracting as XPlane gains marketshare. The only reason I haven't left P3D is specifically BECAUSE of A2A's stable...

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

AviationAtWar wrote: 11 May 2019, 10:37 I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but did anyone else read Scott's post as the Texan II is for the military only and we'll hopefully get the T-38? He said that the hope and expectation is to bring us the T-38, but nothing was said about releasing the Texan to the public.
What we release to the public has different requirements than what we make for the military. For example, the Air Force use their own manuals and have very specific needs that may have us drive deeply down one area and can completely ignore others. When we make it for the public we can't have gaping holes in the product. This is largely the reason we were unable to put the T-6 out to the public at the same time.

Xordus, we are aware of all platforms out there and have an open dialog with both of those companies so anything is possible, some even probable.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

colokent
Airman

Post by colokent »

T-38A from A2A...EXCELLENT...PLEASE give us a travel pod option (needed for cross countries!!!).

Wish you had proceded on the T-33A.

LOVE the P-51s....

Kent

briansommers
Airman First Class

Post by briansommers »

Still no super cub? OY!

Ifikratis
Airman First Class

Post by Ifikratis »

Thank you SO much Scott and all the A2A team for your continuous dedication to be the absolute top quality. I think nobody could have imagined such a jaw dropping development update. Its like dreaming. It would be nice to have a what's closer and what's farther away in terms of delivery estimates, but one thing is for sure; I'll have to buy anything you publish! Congratulations for your efforts and congratulations for Captain's Jake CFI!
Last edited by Ifikratis on 12 May 2019, 09:47, edited 1 time in total.
| C172 Trainer | C182 Skylane | J3 Cub | L049 Constellation | PA24 Commanche | PA28 Cherokee | P-40 Warhawk | P-51D Military | P-51D Civilian | Spitfire MkI-II | T-6 Texan | V35B Bonanza | B-17 Flying Fortress |

rightseat
Airman First Class

Post by rightseat »

Captain Jake!!! Way to go, man!

And, my heat just stopped when I saw the Aerostar rendered in P3d.... I can't wait.
Best,

Scott N758VS

Image Image

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCADafr ... xfS9NhwThw

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Great update! Looks like you guys have some good business on the the professional side. That’s good to see. Maybe some of the revenue can be used for development on the entertainment end :wink:

It is a shame that we won’t get our fingers on that Texan II but maybe the turbo prop knowledge will lead to a nice turbo prop plane for us!?

And of course congratulations to Jake for all his achievements. That’s quite impressive!!

Thanks for sharing all those insights Scott!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Piper_EEWL wrote: 12 May 2019, 05:08 Great update! Looks like you guys have some good business on the the professional side. That’s good to see. Maybe some of the revenue can be used for development on the entertainment end :wink:

It is a shame that we won’t get our fingers on that Texan II but maybe the turbo prop knowledge will lead to a nice turbo prop plane for us!?

And of course congratulations to Jake for all his achievements. That’s quite impressive!!

Thanks for sharing all those insights Scott!
Oh for sure, just like the Spitfire P3Dv4 has already had professional flight training work filter down to it, the key thing is the technology is sort out at the highest levels, its verified to be as real as it gets which is great for us and means the home simmers know the value they are getting and what they are getting+ we have a turbo prop in Accu-sim, and the turbo prop engine is one of the most popular turbo prop engines. Everything filters down, ask the P3Dv4 Accu-sim Spitfire Pilots, when we introduced the new ground physics ;) :mrgreen:

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”