General Troubleshooting FAQ - C182

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: General Troubleshooting FAQ - C182

Post by Oracle427 »

Why would you reinstall if this is confirmed as normal behavior if zoomed in too far? You'd just be making more trouble for yourself if the sim otherwise functions ok.

Also best to post specific issues in your own topic instead of adding to the generic support FAQ topic.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

manwithbass
Airman Basic

Post by manwithbass »

Dear A2A, first of all thanks for your awesome aircrafts! So far i own C172 and C182, what a great experience.
I have a questions about new and used state of the aircraft, i couldn't find it in other topics. If i select used state for exact C182 this setting will be applied to all A2A C182 planes, regardless the paint or tail number. Is it suppose to be like this? Or there is a way to choose the degree of "usedness" for each tail ? Thank you!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

manwithbass wrote:Dear A2A, first of all thanks for your awesome aircrafts! So far i own C172 and C182, what a great experience.
I have a questions about new and used state of the aircraft, i couldn't find it in other topics. If i select used state for exact C182 this setting will be applied to all A2A C182 planes, regardless the paint or tail number. Is it suppose to be like this? Or there is a way to choose the degree of "usedness" for each tail ? Thank you!
Hello the liveries don't affect the aircraft, they are just textures.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jiva602
Airman

Question re: reinstall of P3D 182 (after many months)

Post by jiva602 »

Hello,

I purchased 182 for P3D in Nov 2016. Used it with F1GTN 750 without issue for 1.5 years, uninstalled everything, left it for many months and am now resuming my sim fun.

1) Do I need to down load my zip from the new website? I registered and of course I have no downloads but went to old sight and saw my order from 11/2016.

I downloaded it from the old site and seems to be ok, just checking BUT cannot find the CORE UPDATE download, Please advise. Thanks.

2) F1GTN 750 shows up in panel, but has black screen, yes, latest version installed including trainer. I went to p3d addon file, under A2A 182 to open F1config tool and select 750 thinking this would help BUT folder is empty?

i5 6600k
gtx 970
16 RAM
P3D v3
N108ES

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Jiva,

For Prepar3D v3, you should be fine for now with the installer you've already got. However, please make sure you download and run the Accu-Sim update which is available here after installing.

Once you're installed and updated, please use the "C182 Aircraft Configurator" (available from the Wndows Start Menu → A2A Simulations folder) to select the F1 GTN 750.

Thanks,
Nick

paulh
Airman Basic

Post by paulh »

My c182 does not work even after update. Plane has no skin, no wings, no tail. no motor, just a frame with the pilot hanging out by his feet.
Really, bought from F(ull)S(top)pilot place. Very bizarre. Intel 7/4400 *gig 2 gig GeForce 640 2g3D.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the A2A forums paulh.

Sounds like you may have an installation of Flight Simulator X which isn't fully updated, so if you're using the disk (non-Acceleration) version of FSX, please make sure you've installed the two free service packs from Microsoft. Both are needed and they can be downloaded from the links below.

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... ce-pack-1/
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads ... ce-pack-2/

If you're using a different sim platform or this doesn't resolve the issue, please can you start a new thread.

Thanks,
Nick

AlexKz
Airman Basic

Post by AlexKz »

Fixed, thank you Lewis - A2A!

Hello, i purchased C182 for P3Dv4 on Simmarket today, but i cant install it, is shows the following error (screenshot).
I use Windows 7 x64, all updates installed.

Tried, but nothing helped me:
- Re-download
- Run as admin
- Disable AV software
- Register services via CMD as shown on this forum.

Simmarket order number: 2015883
Order Date: 2019-03-24 07:52:36
1 x A2A SIMULATIONS - C182 SKYLANE P3D ACADEMIC

Eri-c.o
Airman Basic

Post by Eri-c.o »

OK here we go. New system with latest P3d clean install v.4. Latest C182 clean install. No EZDOC.All working as it should with the 182 but the damn nose wheel steering is once again inoperative. With a previous 182 install (1 year ago) I experienced the same issue. Someone suggested a P3d update to 4.2. That solved the problem on that occasion and I had nosewheel steering through the yoke. Paralized legs donot allow for rudder or differential braking. What do you suggest this time?
Thanks,
Eric

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Eric,

Please can you confirm if you downloaded the latest C182 installer rather than using the original version you downloaded? I know you say "latest C182" but we just need to make sure you're using the correct installer with the built in updater. More info here.

Also, it makes it much easier to track your issue if you can start a new thread rather than tagging onto an existing one.

Thanks,
Nick

Eri-c.o
Airman Basic

Post by Eri-c.o »

Thanks for reply. The download was April,2 2019. It was a redownload of the 182 purchased a couple years ago but I have no way to determinefor certain what installer was used. Since the download and install are so recent i would think that your newest installer would automatically have been used.

Eri-c.o
Airman Basic

Post by Eri-c.o »

Hi Nick.
Just checked A2a updates and it reports "software uptodate"

mattdee
Airman

Re: Lost Rain Effect since recent P3D update for C182

Post by mattdee »

I noticed recently that the rain effect is no longer present since I installed the latest P3D update. Is this the issue or is there another reason why I've lost this effect? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Regards

Huge Fan

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

mattdee wrote: 09 Oct 2019, 02:20 I noticed recently that the rain effect is no longer present since I installed the latest P3D update. Is this the issue or is there another reason why I've lost this effect? Has anyone else experienced this issue?
The windshield rain effect is working fine here with version 4.5.13.32097 mattdee. The most common reason for folks not seeing the windshield rain drops is because they have ActiveSky installed, but are using a default P3D weather theme instead.

If this isn't the case here, please can you open a new thread in this forum as this makes it a bit easier to track issues.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C182 Skylane Tech Support”