The secret airplane in development

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
pilot37
Senior Airman

Re: The secret airplane in development

Post by pilot37 »

Oracle427 wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 15:17 What is it that you seek? A2A like the vast majority of add-on developers keeps their plans close to their chest until they are very certain that a release is imminent.

Are you seeking a specific type and release date to be published? Maybe they aren't ready to do so yet. In the meantime, they continue to provide excellent support and regular updates and sometimes even new features with these free updates for their existing line of products.
I'm relatively relaxed, I'm more reacting to A2A's own hints of product that have not materialised. They have been a bit too clever and it seems to me their plan has not gone to plan so the cryptic nonsense (AKA Marketing) has become just annoying. Their product is the best, but their marketing approach is a bit arrogant.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

But this thread is started and almost exclusively contributed to by members who are speculating. I haven't seen much input from A2A on anything that is in progress. I'm curious about what they are up to, but the only thing I have ever seen A2A ever officially state, is that they are working on things. They never say more than that until shortly before release. I'm not aware of any other comments made by A2A staff where some details are shared that don't result in release soon afterwards.

I see this thread as a bunch of baseless rumors started by and fed upon by the forum members, with the occasional tease of a Lancaster thrown at Lewis.

In any case, I'm pretty sure A2A isn't going to rush their dev process along just to get something to market unless they feel it is done just right. Their track record has been very consistent with respect to quality and bringing out a product that replicates the spirit of the real machine. In any case, not sure it's part of any strategy or just a commitment to being of the highest quality.

The part I take issue with is that they are very active in supporting and updating their existing product line, so it's not as if they have abandoned anything.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

jeepinforfun
Technical Sergeant

Post by jeepinforfun »

pilot37 wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 15:12 This is all a bit pathetic. If you are still in the game of making P3D product then commit to something rather than all this smoke and mirrors nonsense. We had so much bull served by Scott a year ago and nothing yet to show for it. It seems to me the business is seeking its income elsewhere and so should we. X-Plane is on a deal with Orbx and I am off. Your product development was slow as it was, but now your resources are elsewhere it has become a joke. Shoot me down if you must but a bit of honest customer feedback is overdue here.
A2A usually release a new aircraft every 7 to 9 months except when they were working on the Boultbee Flight Academy Spitfire project. Even then they worked on other projects such as releasing updates of aircraft for the new P3D platform, working on the new website and rain effects being created and added. The Bonanza was released in September of last year so normally a new one would come out this summer barring this new commercial project they are working on and also the never ending updates they continually work on to make us customers happy.

There is so much you can do in the meantime before the next release such as sim flying, improving pilot skills or just enjoying flight planning to new locations. Summer is coming and there is also life to enjoy.

To keep up on A2A's release dates in the sim field you can check here https://a2asimulations.com/.

This may sound cold but A2A are in this game to make money for their owner and employees and only because of their commitment to their customers are they always improving on their past products and taking the long road to make an even better and exciting net product. No smoke no mirrors and certainly not pathetic to the patient.
Take care, Brett

SWLights/AccuFeel/Cub/Mustang/Skyhawk/Cherokee/Skylane/Comanche/Thunderbolt/Spitfire/FlyingFortress/Stratocruiser

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

pilot37 wrote: 03 Apr 2019, 15:12 This is all a bit pathetic. If you are still in the game of making P3D product then commit to something rather than all this smoke and mirrors nonsense. We had so much bull served by Scott a year ago and nothing yet to show for it. It seems to me the business is seeking its income elsewhere and so should we. X-Plane is on a deal with Orbx and I am off. Your product development was slow as it was, but now your resources are elsewhere it has become a joke. Shoot me down if you must but a bit of honest customer feedback is overdue here.

Sorry you feel this way but you might be getting the community mixed up with A2A Staff.

At no point have we promised anything concrete. Our social channels are quite active with information, updates and community celebrations as we are able to give out, such as the Spitfire Sim that we where able to show once it was open, last week with the 172 update for P3Dv4, the rain updates earlier in the year for the A2A P3Dv4 aircraft (connie still to come) and for devs free to use, the P3Dv4 warbirds releases and updates etc etc etc. Sorry you missed these updates and got confused on the community chit chat about what might be coming and what they wish to see.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Hi Lewis,

Not fair to say you did not promise anything concrete. You put in a teaser in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La9S9pNC_Sc

So if people get disappointed there is no more information after 11 months this should be not a surprise.

A2A is of course in every right to share release info as they wish and when they wish.

Yet take into account when doing this you create expectations with your customers and if they react to it, don't simply say you did not promise anything.

Oke, back off my high horse. :roll: 8)

Regards,

Marcel

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

OK now I am really confused, the Bonanza was released late last year :?

There's not a single promise in or mention of a release or coming soon in the video you posted that is not Bonanza related that was later then released?

The other mentions in the vid where about the store and discount program that also went live and is in use. I dont hear a promise that we are devloping X for x project to be released x. We learn a lesson long a go to not do this, so until a project is at almost release stage we tend not to mention it.

Maybe this is a communication, translation issue?

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 05:48 There's not a single promise in or mention of a release or coming soon in the video you posted that is not Bonanza related that was later then released?
:arrow: Minut 0:13 till 0:38 in this video: this the source of this topic and creating all the fuzz. 8)

Marcel

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

yes but you and the other poster mentioned a promised product which as I thought was the case was a communication issue or translation issue as there is no promised product just a hint of some things we have been up too?

That hint then went on to form this chit chat guessing in the community, there has not been a single promise from A2A Staff. As noted since that video not only has there been an Accu-sim release, but multiple releases for multiple platforms, updates to older products and even brand new features added to older products.

thanks,
Lewis

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

What Lewis has yet to realize is that he is yelling at the crowd passing by while he is locked in the pillory. :mrgreen:

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Wait, did someone say Lewis is locked in the Pilatus? Is that the super-secret aircraft?

mgr
Staff Sergeant

Post by mgr »

Hi Lewis,
Lewis - A2A wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 06:34 That hint then went on to form this chit chat guessing in the community, there has not been a single promise from A2A Staff. As noted since that video not only has there been an Accu-sim release, but multiple releases for multiple platforms, updates to older products and even brand new features added to older products.
For the record, i'm just trying to explain the other side. The fact is that A2A shows some hints or words (some people can take this as a promise) that there is something new coming as mentioned in the video. After this initial "promise" (please pay attention on the "quotes" there was more no new from the A2A official side for 11 months now on this "promise".

Again it's of course the full right how to "preview" and "release" a product, just trying to give some input how this "strategic" may look to some users.

Maybe we should change the word "promised" into "created expectations" and leave it at that.

Marcel

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

mgr wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 10:46 The fact is that A2A shows some hints or words (some people can take this as a promise) that there is something new coming as mentioned in the video.
At no point in the video did they say that the project with the oxygen was intended for us. The Accu-sim mentioned could be another commercial project.

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 04 Apr 2019, 04:57

Sorry you feel this way but you might be getting the community mixed up with A2A Staff.

At no point have we promised anything concrete. Our social channels are quite active with information, updates and community celebrations as we are able to give out, such as the Spitfire Sim that we where able to show once it was open, last week with the 172 update for P3Dv4, the rain updates earlier in the year for the A2A P3Dv4 aircraft (connie still to come) and for devs free to use, the P3Dv4 warbirds releases and updates etc etc etc. Sorry you missed these updates and got confused on the community chit chat about what might be coming and what they wish to see.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
Hi Lewis, I'm not sure what led me to make such a strong comment. It's just a flight simulator. I really don't want to offend anyone. I could have put my point across much more pleasantly. I have great respect for Scott and all the team at A2A, the top-notch aircraft and the support, not to mention the friendly community here. I had a very bad week, no, make that 3 weeks! I apologise.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

Put pilot37 in the pillory too! That'll learn 'im.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”