The secret airplane in development

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: The secret airplane in development

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 07:57 Marvin is spot on.

A lot going on behind the scene is for the professional training market at the moment, but we do have some new consumer side updates coming for everyone here 8) 8)

thanks,
Lewis
That would be great Lewis. It’s getting a bit quite again here.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Very quiet in here. I once joked that I might die before I get my big radial warbird. It could happen. :mrgreen: Seven pages of website update comments makes me sad...

skyhawkii
Airman

Post by skyhawkii »

My personal favorite Accusim plane would be the SR22T. Generally I would like to see something modern in the GA line.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

patful wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 21:47 Very quiet in here. I once joked that I might die before I get my big radial warbird. It could happen. :mrgreen: Seven pages of website update comments makes me sad...
Hi,
It is a secret airplane in development, that is why it is quiet. Have you heard of a loud secret? :mrgreen:

--
Vladi
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Les Parson
Staff Sergeant

Post by Les Parson »

LZ-WIL wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 06:59
patful wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 21:47 Very quiet in here. I once joked that I might die before I get my big radial warbird. It could happen. :mrgreen: Seven pages of website update comments makes me sad...
Hi,
It is a secret airplane in development, that is why it is quiet. Have you heard of a loud secret? :mrgreen:

--
Vladi
Why mention the project at all?

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Les Parson wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 08:40 Why mention the project at all?
Well, it is kind of fun to daydream about the possibilities, isn't it? Keeps us thinking we have something (presumably) great to look forward to.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

ClipperLuna wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 09:51
Well, it is kind of fun to daydream about the possibilities, isn't it? Keeps us thinking we have something (presumably) great to look forward to.
True... :mrgreen:
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

LZ-WIL wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 12:00
Let’s just hope it’s not so secret it can never get released...
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

The secret aircraft is the SRU-271 "Dragonbird."
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

ClipperLuna
Technical Sergeant

Post by ClipperLuna »

Piper_EEWL wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 13:06
LZ-WIL wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 12:00

Let’s just hope it’s not so secret it can never get released...
Nuuuuuu, Piper! Kill that thought mercilessly and bury it where they'll never find it! :)

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

ClipperLuna wrote: 02 Apr 2019, 19:06 Nuuuuuu, Piper! Kill that thought mercilessly and bury it where they'll never find it! :)
Will do :wink:

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

Lewis - A2A wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 07:57 Marvin is spot on.

A lot going on behind the scene is for the professional training market at the moment, but we do have some new consumer side updates coming for everyone here 8) 8)

thanks,
Lewis
@Lewis, is it possible that whatever plane(s) you are building for the professional training market will make it to the consumer side? Presumably the commercial efforts are being paid for by the commercial entities, but will contracts allow retail sales of these same aircraft? Or, on the down side, would A2A efforts on such planes exclude A2A from ever offering those airplanes?

I think I know what one is and it would be one I would be very interested in getting and bet it would be very popular.
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Unfortunately the commercial works are not easily releasable, as consumer software is very different. Even from the get go at having an installer and manual all the way to the simulation itself.

An example is the Spitfire IX which has systems and flight models in place but it designed for the spitfire cockpit, so there is no cockpit and no full consumer external model, as it all plugs into the very specific actual spitfire cockpit that Richard and AirTech managed to build using actual spitfire parts.

We will be looking to release to public what we can but it is a project in itself to create a consumer product out of the commercial work.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

pilot37
Senior Airman

Post by pilot37 »

This is all a bit pathetic. If you are still in the game of making P3D product then commit to something rather than all this smoke and mirrors nonsense. We had so much bull served by Scott a year ago and nothing yet to show for it. It seems to me the business is seeking its income elsewhere and so should we. X-Plane is on a deal with Orbx and I am off. Your product development was slow as it was, but now your resources are elsewhere it has become a joke. Shoot me down if you must but a bit of honest customer feedback is overdue here.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

What is it that you seek? A2A like the vast majority of add-on developers keeps their plans close to their chest until they are very certain that a release is imminent.

Are you seeking a specific type and release date to be published? Maybe they aren't ready to do so yet. In the meantime, they continue to provide excellent support and regular updates and sometimes even new features with these free updates for their existing line of products.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”