Reality XP GNS430 not working

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
oliverburchardt
Airman Basic

Reality XP GNS430 not working

Post by oliverburchardt »

Dear all,

I have installed the RXP GNS 430 and was able to set up the panel correctly.

But even it is turned on, I do not see anything on its display (see attached screenshot).

I have no clue what I did wrong. Can anyone help me out?

Oliver

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Reality XP GNS430 not working

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Oliver - welcome to the A2A forums.

So that we can help, please can you give us a little more information about your installation.
  • Which host sim platform are you using?
  • If you're using P3Dv4, have you installed the C172 using the latest installer? (More info here)
  • If you're using FSX, which version of the RXP GNS are you using - the original one or the new GNS v2 product?
Thanks,
Nick

P.S. For tips on attaching screenshots, please see this post.

oliverburchardt
Airman Basic

I bought and downloaded the file last week, so, yes, I assume I used the lasted installer for Prepar3d v4.4. I even already ran the update published.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/fujo82mxncbtcq ... t.JPG?dl=0

I really have no clue what to do.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Oliver,

Do you mean you bought the RXP unit last week? If so, is it working in other aircraft okay?

One thing you can try in the A2A 172 is switching back to the "NO GPS" option via the Shift 3 panel and then confirm that the default Bendix King NAV/COM 1 radio is switched on. Then switch back to the RXP unit, again using the Shift 3 menu.

Thanks,
Nick

oliverburchardt
Airman Basic

I bought both products last week.

I have tried your tipp, unfortunately to no avail. As I do not have other aircraft that uses the RXP add-on, I do not know if it works in other planes.

I have checked what happens if I leave the NAV/COM 1 off. When I switch back to RXP and then back to No GPS, the unit is turned on.

So some kind of interaction seems to happen.

However, I cannot switch between GPS and NAV. And the APR button is always inoperative, regardless what I do. It is possible when I use the default GPS.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks Oliver,

Please can you try loading one of the P3Dv4 default aircraft such as the Maule M7 and then use the "Reality XP GNS" option in the "Add-ons" menu to set up the GPS in that aircraft (as a 2-D popup). This should indicate if the GPS add-on itself is loading as intended.

Nick

Mambero75
Airman Basic

Post by Mambero75 »

Hi,

I'm having the same issue - the panel seems completely unclickable and when I click on the actual screen to bring it up to 2D it's just a black square.

I'm using the A2A Cessna 182 in FSX Steam Edition.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi,

The FSX version of the 172 supported the original RealityXP GNS whereas most RXP customers will now be using the GNS 530W/430W V2. However, you you should be able to use the setup tool provided by RXP (available from the top "Add-ons" menu) to convert the panel.cfg file for the newer gauge.

Thanks,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “C172 Trainer Tech Support”