Will you ever develop modern-ish twin props ?

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
undergroundleo
Airman

Re: Will you ever develop modern-ish twin props ?

Post by undergroundleo »

Simicro wrote:
undergroundleo wrote:Wishing with all my heart a GA Twin for IFR flights!
Me too and I would add a "classic".
To this Point, ANY GA Twin from A2A... Maybe the Aerostar (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-KEgJSZ4c8)? Who knows :D

Cheers

Leo

rhenson529
Senior Airman

Post by rhenson529 »

How about the Twin Bee? An amphibious twin trainer could be fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A2A Planes: Cub, 172, 182, Cherokee, Comanche, Bonanza,T6, 377, Spitfire, and P51
Hardware: i7 (5.0 ghz) 32 GB 3000Ghz; RTX 2080ti; 1TB PCIe M.2; 1TB PCIe M.2

Arofek
Airman Basic

Post by Arofek »

A2A should do a survey by proposing several planes and we will choose
so far Scott has chosen for us but a twin aircraft would be a good change

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Arofek wrote:A2A should do a survey by proposing several planes and we will choose
so far Scott has chosen for us but a twin aircraft would be a good change
I think most of us would end up voting for Lewis' Lancaster out of pity and gratitude. :D It would have to be the Mk.II though. Radials! :mrgreen:

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Maybe more would be sold if it was one people could use in their Virtual Airlines.

The most popular small twins must be:

Twin Otter

B1900D

These are THE most ubiquitous aircraft in Canada and Alaska, and probably elsewhere.

I want an aircraft that I can use everyday, not a rare antiquity, most people have never even seen.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

scottb613 wrote:This is what I’m waiting for:

I'm sorry to include the pic into quote, but this one really makes me excited even just of the idea of having an Aerostar to run my trips in the simulator one day! 8)

-Esa

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Lewis - A2A wrote:With the company operating one, Eventually yes 8)
So. What twin does the company run? I forget. Although. I seem to recall a Seminole being mentioned some time ago.

Steve.

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Exactly. That's the begged question.

Sorry but this wierd aircraft above just looks silly... and nobody recognises it. I had to search Google for it.

We want a Twin Otter. They are very popular, instantly recognisable, have potential for expansions, have complex prop systems with beta ranges etc., and are very common in VAs.... you would sell many more of them.
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Gabe777 wrote:Exactly. That's the begged question.

Sorry but this wierd aircraft above just looks silly... and nobody recognises it. I had to search Google for it.

We want a Twin Otter. They are very popular, instantly recognisable, have potential for expansions, have complex prop systems with beta ranges etc., and are very common in VAs.... you would sell many more of them.
That "weird aircraft" you see there is one of the fastest and most advanced twins ever designed. :-)))
One of my regrets in life was that I had the opportunity to fly the prototype with its designer but was too busy and had to miss the opportunity. The Aerostar is a wonderful aircraft and many are still very much in use today.
(The Twin Otter is also a great aircraft and stands alone without trashing the Aerostar. :-)))))))))
Dudley Henriques

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Never heard of it.

Silly.

I want a Twin Otter !

:? :? 8)

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

But to be sensible.... we do not need a fast twin.... the Flight1 B200 is pretty good.

Even the old Realair Duke is still pretty good.

A2A need to fill an empty niche.

Floats.... Skis..... Tundra tyres..... Cargo version..... STOL at Lukla...... heck I'd pay again for each variant !

Simicro
Senior Airman

Post by Simicro »

Personally I was heartedly hoping for a Baron 58.

But I feel it's not going to happen.

I was not aware so far, but it looks like A2A has a real life hangar. And if the real plane is not in that hangar, then it seems that there is very low chances that it makes it to the virtual skies.

The Aerostar is in the hangar...

Agree with you, Gabe777, it looks weird and I must confess that I do not like its lines.

Oh well, if it is the Aerostar, some of us will be sad and dissapointed while other will be happy.
Last edited by Simicro on 10 Nov 2018, 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
P3Dv4.5 - V35B - C172 - Cherokee
i5 4670K @4.3 Ghz - 32 Gb DDR3 - GTX 1080 8 Gb - 2K @165 Hz G-Sync - Win 7 x64
Microsoft Force Feedback 2 modded with CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

AKar
A2A Master Mechanic

Post by AKar »

Simicro wrote:I was not aware so far, but it looks like A2A has a real life hangar. And if the real plane is not in that hangar, then it seems that there is very low chances that it makes to the virtual skies.
bladerunner900 wrote:So. What twin does the company run? I forget. Although. I seem to recall a Seminole being mentioned some time ago.
A2A test flies most of the aircraft they produce for the flight sim. They also own and operate some, namely, PA-24-250 (Comanche 250) and model 600 Aerostar, hence the expectation by many of us that it could (should?) make it into a simulator product.
Gabe777 wrote:Sorry but this wierd aircraft above just looks silly... and nobody recognises it. I had to search Google for it.
To be fair, many do recognize it and it does have fairly impressive specs for a MEP. And for someone who suggested Beech 1900, your comment about Aerostar looking weird and silly sounds somewhat curious. :mrgreen:

Anyways, as my guess, it is quite likely that the first twin(s) will be powered by piston engines. Properly simulating PT6 or TPE331 would be some undertaking, and perhaps some MEP stands before in the line.

-Esa

patful
Master Sergeant

Post by patful »

Gabe777 wrote:We want a Twin Otter.
Who's this "we"? :mrgreen:

rod55
Staff Sergeant

Post by rod55 »

re Will you ever develop modern-ish twin props?

Thank you Esa for being informative as usual, constructive, and loyal to the subject of twin props.

Now, how did it go?
"Now I lay me down ……..da da da
I pray to …… di di di
And if …...doh doh doh
(I remember it now:
I pray to Scott my plane to make."

Yeh; thanks for the dream, Dudley!

Rod (EGBB)

Yeh; it's an A_ _ _ _ _ a _ !

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”