The P-40 for P3D v4 available - and big news rain effects!

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
Medtner
A2A Mechanic

The P-40 for P3D v4 available - and big news rain effects!

Post by Medtner »

This hasn't been promoted yet, but as of a few hours ago the P-40 (easily my favourite warbird) was released for P3D v4.

There's even a small 1 minute "teaser" for it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuxNXFM5yiU

So, as you see - the new rain effects will now be retrofitted to the A2A fleet, as well as being available for the rest of the community to use. What a great thing, in so many ways!

Now, the only thing one can hope for is the living/tappable gauges retrofitted. Probably all kinds of complications to this, but it would bring such immersion to the older parts of the GA-fleet!

Thanks, A2A!

EDIT:

Link to the store: https://a2asimulations.com/product/accu-sim-p-40-p3dv4/

(I've already bought and downloaded - go get yours too! ;) )
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway
(Homebase: Kristiansand Lufthavn, Kjevik (ENCN)

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

patful
Master Sergeant

Re: The P-40 for P3D v4 available - and big news rain effect

Post by patful »

Loving my P-40 already. Though it would be nice, I think the gauge tapping might require too many changes to the model to be practical for so many aircraft. I'd be content with a fully-updated/improved P-47 that matches up to the other P3D offerings. Hint...hint...for about the millionth time.

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

patful wrote:Loving my P-40 already. Though it would be nice, I think the gauge tapping might require too many changes to the model to be practical for so many aircraft. I'd be content with a fully-updated/improved P-47 that matches up to the other P3D offerings. Hint...hint...for about the millionth time.
Oooh, yeah, bringing the old Accusim fleet up to date somewhat would be mindblowingly awesome! Especially the propeller simulation, which is lacking, unfortunately, in the older planes.

I'm sure the gauge-physics could be updated in time - it's probably very cleverly modelled behind the scenes.
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

All the Accusim-planes are in my hangar, but they aren't sitting long enough for their engines to cool much before next flight!

Simicro
Senior Airman

Post by Simicro »

Hi...

What is the "gauge tapping" feature please?
P3Dv4.5 - V35B - C172 - Cherokee
i5 4670K @4.3 Ghz - 32 Gb DDR3 - GTX 1080 8 Gb - 2K @165 Hz G-Sync - Win 7 x64
Microsoft Force Feedback 2 modded with CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Simicro wrote:Hi...

What is the "gauge tapping" feature please?
Watch this part of the video promo of the new Bonanza:
https://youtu.be/48YCaMymhxo?t=442

Trigger warning: If you don't already own the Bonanza, this video will make you want to buy it... ;-)
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

Simicro
Senior Airman

Post by Simicro »

Thanks Erik, I have the Bo but was not aware of the feature.
P3Dv4.5 - V35B - C172 - Cherokee
i5 4670K @4.3 Ghz - 32 Gb DDR3 - GTX 1080 8 Gb - 2K @165 Hz G-Sync - Win 7 x64
Microsoft Force Feedback 2 modded with CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

Medtner
A2A Mechanic

Post by Medtner »

Simicro wrote:Thanks Erik, I have the Bo but was not aware of the feature.
Go tap the gauges, and look for the effects. It's much fun, and could get useful one day if a needle is stuck...
Erik Haugan Aasland,

Arendal, Norway

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

the new rain effects will now be retrofitted to the A2A fleet, as well as being available for the rest of the community to use
This is so A2A style.. Incredible! Caring more about the happiness of the community than about selling stuff.. I LOVE A2A, really.. Unbelievable quality, incredible support (I can't forget there was an issue after release of the T6 and to quickly find a solution Scott even called me at home so I could explain it to him and check things out...) and a prizing policy that is so fair and forthcoming. And now.. "Hey we made our own rain and stuff.. here, just crab is..." simple kindness...

The question is: will these effects have to be implemented by the developers? I think so. Or are we going to be able to do that ourselves?

Does the P-40 have rain effects?

wothan
Staff Sergeant

Post by wothan »

MarcE wrote:
the new rain effects will now be retrofitted to the A2A fleet, as well as being available for the rest of the community to use
This is so A2A style.. Incredible! Caring more about the happiness of the community than about selling stuff.. I LOVE A2A, really.. Unbelievable quality, incredible support (I can't forget there was an issue after release of the T6 and to quickly find a solution Scott even called me at home so I could explain it to him and check things out...) and a prizing policy that is so fair and forthcoming. And now.. "Hey we made our own rain and stuff.. here, just crab is..." simple kindness...

The question is: will these effects have to be implemented by the developers? I think so. Or are we going to be able to do that ourselves?

Does the P-40 have rain effects?
The P-40 for P3D V4 has rain effect and I guess rain effect for those aircraft stilling missing it will come through the updaters.

I fully agree...
A2A delivers top notch quality. The P-40 is not my favorit aircraft, but just inorder to support A2A I guess I will by the P3D V4 version.

FinnJ
When I like to do basic flying, I turn to A2A Aircraft, cause A2A "basic" flying means "complex" procedures.

Thorsten42
Airman

Post by Thorsten42 »

yeah... we made an online flying event allready last evening around Pago Pago and hell it was so nice to have the P40 back in the air... and the rain effects and mirror (with nearly no impact on frames at least for me) are awesome...

Thx a2a as usual
Cheers
Thorsten

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by n421nj »

Rain effects are very cool and immersive. Def a good sign to see it included in the p40 I wonder if there will be an accusim update including them on the rest of the fleet?
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

The release of the P-40 is very nice. Let me know when the B-17G, P-47, and Cub are released. I guess A2A are saving the best for last! And if we feel the need to release another GA airplane, lets please make it an entry level twin!

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic :idea:

Gabe777
Staff Sergeant

Post by Gabe777 »

Medtner wrote:This hasn't been promoted yet, but as of a few hours ago the P-40 (easily my favourite warbird) was released for P3D v4.

There's even a small 1 minute "teaser" for it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuxNXFM5yiU

So, as you see - the new rain effects will now be retrofitted to the A2A fleet, as well as being available for the rest of the community to use. What a great thing, in so many ways!

Now, the only thing one can hope for is the living/tappable gauges retrofitted. Probably all kinds of complications to this, but it would bring such immersion to the older parts of the GA-fleet!

Thanks, A2A!

EDIT:

Link to the store: https://a2asimulations.com/product/accu-sim-p-40-p3dv4/

(I've already bought and downloaded - go get yours too! ;) )

And cockpit lighting.

I think the Bonanza had improved lighting (like the Truelight - that A2A didn't want to license apparently, due to cost etc.).

I haven't actually bought the Bonanza yet (Xmas probably !), but from the videos I have seen, it looks a little better than usual.

Lewis 'aint spilling no beans.... been there (lol !), but I'm thinking Rain and Lighting tech upgrades, both retro fitted.... into my Comanche, Cherokee and 172, would be awesome. As if these planes could get any better.... but clearly, yes !

On a slightly different tangent, I cannot believe I can buy an A2A GA for 35 GBP, when Carenado costs 40. What's the world come to ?
i7 7700k (4.5 GHz) / GTX 1080 8GB - Gigabyte Windforce OC 3X / 32GB DDR4 2400 Hz (CL15) / Samsung EVO 970 plus M.2 nvme (1TB) / BeQuiet 650W PSU 50amps 12v rail -- (with P3Dv4, AS + ASCA / REX Texture Direct)

Paughco
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Paughco »

I had my FSX P-40 working in P3Dv4, and was thinking that maybe I could hold off a bit just to see what developed. Then I looked back at all my posts where I pleaded with A2A to release the P-40 for P3Dv4, and decided that I'd better just buy it. I've got the new P3D bird installed and it works just fine in P3Dv4. Haven't flown it in rain yet, but looks like I'll get the chance right now if I fly just a bit north of Arlington Airport (KAWO), as SkyVector shows we've got a juicy front coming from the northwest. Seems like A2A has added a bit more momentum effects during taxi, as the airplane "leans" a bit more going around turns while taxiing. The new cockpit lights work great, and the new "check six" mirror works fine, except that the view doesn't change when I change seat height (shift+Enter raises viewpoint a couple inches each time).

OK - I've got a mission to go on.

Seeya
ATB

MarcE
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by MarcE »

Thorsten42 wrote:yeah... we made an online flying event allready last evening around Pago Pago and hell it was so nice to have the P40 back in the air... and the rain effects and mirror (with nearly no impact on frames at least for me) are awesome...

Thx a2a as usual
Cheers
Thorsten
In the Bonanza the rain effects hit extremely on the fps in stereo VR on my system but absolutely not in normal use... i‘ll pick the P40 next month I guess, I‘ll see how it works there.

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”