Accu-Sim Spitfire MKI-II starts with propeller broken (P3Dv4

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Spybaz
Airman

Accu-Sim Spitfire MKI-II starts with propeller broken (P3Dv4

Post by Spybaz »

No matter what I do the Accu-Sim Spitfire MKI-II starts with propeller broken (P3Dv4).

The blades are intact for an instant when I load in the plane but then, within a second, the blades bend into a banana shape even though the engine is off; nothing is activated or initiated by me.

I am unable to fly this thing at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

spybaz
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo
Intel Core i7-8700K 6 Cores 4.7GHz
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
Nvidia GTX 1080

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Re: Accu-Sim Spitfire MKI-II starts with propeller broken (P

Post by Killratio »

Hi Spybaz,

First principals
(and apologies if teaching "grandma to suck eggs"):

I presume you have read the manual and know that the aircraft is "persistent? If you have previously crashed or bent the airscrew then when you next load the simulation, it will flash up as OK then very quickly update to the previous state (ie broken).

Use the maintenance hanger to fix it.

If you haven't read the manual, please do so, as you have very little chance of operating the Spitfire successfully if you haven't. (this is nothing like the previous FSX Spitfire I, pre 2011 and certainly nothing like the BoB II Spitfire) (see for what happens when you don't read the manual :) .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4mvWzQWtgM )

Ok..so if you've done all that, check that you have the current update (even if you HAVE just purchased the Spitfire.)

If still no luck, the most common cause would be a broken dat file or simconnect issue. If you first try deleting the dat file under (your disk):/documents/A2A/Spitfire ... or similar and restart the sim.

If still broken, go to the maintenance hangar and repair.

Also, don't start P3D with the default flight saved including the Spitfire.. change it to a default aircraft then load the Spitfire at the startup screen. Saving a complex aircraft at startup in the default flight is a well known cause of all sorts of random problems.

Let us know how you go,

regards

Darryl
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

Spybaz
Airman

Post by Spybaz »

Thanks. I didn't realize the persistent part (same as Connie).

What had happened was I have just reinstalled P3D and flown some plane and got an engine failure. I then turned off the engine sensitivity thing in P3D (can't remember the setting's name) and loaded the Spit. But I think it carried over my engine failure details from the other plane. I may be wrong about this but regardless, I flew the Spit fine last night.
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo
Intel Core i7-8700K 6 Cores 4.7GHz
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz
Nvidia GTX 1080

Killratio
A2A Spitfire Crew Chief
Location: The South West of the large island off the north coast of Tasmania

Post by Killratio »

Good stuff!

Yep, the aircraft are persistent between sims as well as between flights.
(They use the same dat file)

D
<Sent from my 1988 Sony Walkman with Dolby Noise Reduction and 24" earphone cord extension>

new reply

Return to “Spitfire MkI/II Tech Support”