So Many Planes...

This is the place where we can all meet and speak about whatever is on the mind.
new reply
SJDobby
Airman

So Many Planes...

Post by SJDobby »

You can have too much of a good thing, it seems.

Is anyone else out there feeling frustrated that the Bonanza is just sooooo addictive that they are neglecting their previous hangar-favourites?

I am so determined to spend my scarce spare-time putting the hours into the Bonanza to "get to the first necessary oil change" (after which there will be some other milestone, no doubt) that my poor little Comanche is sitting unused :(

I have just acquired the WAMA (Where Are My Aircraft?) tool [to display all my favourite aircraft as static models at specific locations] that will at least allow me to wave at my under-used Pipers while I do yet-another "still getting used to that darned yaw control" go-around in the Bonanza.

Regards
Simon
ImageImage

n421nj
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: So Many Planes...

Post by n421nj »

Yes my fleet is getting neglected at the moment but once the luster wears off it will be just another plane in the rotation.
Andrew

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero X, Intel i7 8770K, Nvidia GTX 1080, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 RAM, Corsair H90i liquid cooler.

All Accusim Aircraft
Accu-Feel, 3d Lights Redux

Dogsbody55
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Dogsbody55 »

I don 't have that problem, unfortunately. I've just switched to P3D V4, so the only A2A plane I have is the Bonanza. I have to buy all my A2A fleet again. :cry: On the bright side, I don't have to worry about my planes telling me they're deteriorating from lack of use. :roll: :lol:

So for me it's a case of so many planes; so little money :cry: :cry: :cry:

Cheers,
Mike
ImageImageImageImage

SJDobby
Airman

Post by SJDobby »

As my next aim with the Bonanza is to try out some longer IFR flights (esp Jersey -> Faro -> Chambery) I have decided that my next few "short IFR flights" will be in a Comanche (a bit of English Channel hopping may be in order) and "short VFR flights" in the Skylane in and around the Bournemouth area. At least that will stick a couple of hours on each of the "neglected" airframes.
ImageImage

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Nope. Warbirds all the way. How difficult could the Bonanza be? More so than the Mustang?

It doesn't matter. :lol: Just enjoy what you enjoy. :P

Happy flying.
Steve.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

Each aircraft is unique and has its own personality.
Usually what happens when you obtain a new plane for the sim is that you will naturally favor that plane for a while. It's perfectly natural. You will find that over time you'll feel an urge to revisit the others that you have.
I know several real world pilots who own millions of dollars worth of aircraft and they all say it's just like I have described above.
There was a time I had access to several planes. Among these were a Mustang and a J3 Cub. There were actually days when I went out to the airport and flew the Cub, leaving the P51 tied down. Some days I'd go out to the field and not fly anything, just sit around and gab with the crew.(Go figure :-)
Dudley Henriques

TuFun
Senior Airman

Post by TuFun »

Only have the one, C182 an impressive aircraft for P3Dv3. Will skip v4 and get v5 with a new computer. Oh and haven't simmed for about a year so no hurry.

The only other A2A aircraft I'm interested in is the P-40. RTX and PBR are coming so that's will determine my next purchases in the future.

SJDobby
Airman

Post by SJDobby »

bladerunner900 wrote:Nope. Warbirds all the way. How difficult could the Bonanza be? More so than the Mustang?

It doesn't matter. :lol: Just enjoy what you enjoy. :P

Happy flying.
Steve.
Oh I, too, love flying my Spitfires, B17s and Mustangs; however, I fly for a virtual airline (UKDirect) on the FSAirlines.net community so most of my flying tends to be on aircraft the airline own, and at the moment I am using my A2A GA aircraft on their "air taxi" routes. The Spitfire and Mustang can only be "privately-owned" at FSAirlines (i.e. you pay for them with the virtual-dollars you earn flying for the airline), so the virtual dollars I make flying Concordes, Comanches and Bonanzas for the airline I then spend buying and flying the warbirds in my private hangar.

One of my other hobbies is playing music (belonging to a few local bands and orchestras), and often the hardest music to play well is the slow stuff that looks simple on the page (eg Elgar's Nimrod). While GA aircraft are generally easy to fly [without crashing], they all have their own idiosyncrasies that make them challenging to fly *well*, and the level of simulated detail that A2A provides - and the mentoring available from friendly real-worlders like Dudley - at last allows us to become accomplished virtual-pilots of aircraft we could easily picture ourselves flying in the real skies if only we had the spare time and money to so :)

Cheers
Simon
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Pilot's Lounge”