question about p3d

The world's most famous high performance general aviation aircraft
new reply
luvtofly
Airman First Class

question about p3d

Post by luvtofly »

Hi everybody, I would like to know if my system would handle p3d, I will give you my specs of my machine. this set up runs fsx very well with sliders almost maxed out. I thsnk you very much for your input. :)
MB p8z77v
cpu I5 3570K 3.4 ghz
mem ddr3 4096 mb
gpu 760gtx

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Re: question about p3d

Post by Molly - A2A »

luvtofly wrote:Hi everybody, I would like to know if my system would handle p3d, I will give you my specs of my machine. this set up runs fsx very well with sliders almost maxed out. I thsnk you very much for your input. :)
MB p8z77v
cpu I5 3570K 3.4 ghz
mem ddr3 4096 mb
gpu 760gtx
Hi luvtofly,

Your specs meet P3D's minimum system requirements and would run P3D, but you would probably want to double your memory to 8gb (which is a fairly cheap but still cost-effective upgrade) and your graphics card will be a bit of a bottle-neck as well. As long as you kept your graphics options low, I think it would be OK. One nice thing about P3D is that Lockheed Martin offer a 60 day refund policy, so if you aren't happy with how it runs, they will refund your full purchase price.

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

thanks molly, I have 8 gigs of mem. I think I will get and see how it works on my system. thanks a lot :)

addman
Staff Sergeant

Post by addman »

You have an i5-3570k and a z77 motherboard, I'd recommend you overclock that CPU if you have sufficient cooling for it. Even a modest overclock around 4.4-4.6GHz would give you noticeable performance gains especially in such CPU intensive applications as FSX and P3D. If you are not familiar with overclocking you should google some guides to be on the safe side.

Cheers!/Andreas
Cheers!/Andreas

luvtofly
Airman First Class

Post by luvtofly »

Thanks adman for the reply. I have a water cooled corsair 100, and I have fsx on a hard drive, it is overclocked to 4.0. Can I put p3d on the same hard drive as fsx.? I have two hard drives and one ssd that has windows 10 on It. I have a older 1200 watt power supply. I want to get p3d but I really can't upgrade my computer at this time. thanks again for you input.

new reply

Return to “Bonanza "V-Tail"”