Instrument lights blinking or flashing constantly

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
shivers9
Airman

Instrument lights blinking or flashing constantly

Post by shivers9 »

I have tried reinstall as well as with or without dynamic lighting. This is occuring both with and without engining running. Any idea what may be causing this? Prepar3d and W10

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Instrument lights blinking or flashing constantly

Post by Scott - A2A »

Try turning off your strobes, then your beacon and see if this stops the flashing. If it does, my guess is your system is hitting a limit for simultaneous lights.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

shivers9
Airman

Post by shivers9 »

Thanks Scott but that does not help. It is just the thumb wheel lights for instruments and Radio & Engine. It is there both with the engine shut down and when running on the ramp or in the air. All other lights seem to work as advertised. It is just a constant flicker or flash is the best I know how to describe it.
Edit: More info Using:
GTX 980 TI
P3D v4.3
Orbx Global
Orbx Vector

Thanks
Sam

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

Hi Sam,

Can you try clicking the "RESET" button in the shift-3 window? This will reset your aircraft to a like-new state. Also, do you have any AA or other settings applied to P3D with Nvidia Inspector or similar tools? Thanks!

shivers9
Airman

Post by shivers9 »

Tried the reset a couple of times with no change. I am not running any AA type mods and don't have Inspector. Pretty clean install. I did notice one odd thing. In the Shift 3 pop up right where the word "battery" is at the top there is a rectangle with the same type of flashing. When I turn the battery on then it stops. Very strange.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

Are you running nay third party global programs such as FSUIPC (which had a battery option) or any graphical add-ons?

Thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

shivers9
Airman

Post by shivers9 »

Are you running nay third party global programs such as FSUIPC (which had a battery option) or any graphical add-ons?

BINGO!! You guys are the greatest. It was the battery setting in FSUIPC. It was driving me crazy. Thanks to you all for the help.

Sam

Molly - A2A
A2A Major

Post by Molly - A2A »

shivers9 wrote:Are you running nay third party global programs such as FSUIPC (which had a battery option) or any graphical add-ons?

BINGO!! You guys are the greatest. It was the battery setting in FSUIPC. It was driving me crazy. Thanks to you all for the help.

Sam
A ha! That setting in FSUIPC has been known to cause issues with complex addons from time to time. I'm glad you got it sorted. :mrgreen:

bills511
Airman

Post by bills511 »

The battery option was the culprit for me too. I'm glad this issue was posted because the flashing was driving me nuts. Both the Bonanza and the Cherokee were affected by this.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good stuff, the battery setting in FSUIUPC overcomes an issue with default aircraft and the default modelling of batteries or lack there of. The trouble is of course as time has gone on with FSX introducing simconnect and P3D pushing it even further to encourage developers to create simulations and use the platform as a base rather than to model within its become an issue over time.

Accu-sim models electricity as part of the simulation engine to various degrees dependant on the product so the default's are not used. FSUIPC has an amazing profiling feature that I fully recommend using too as it really does allow the user so much extra freedom in having aircraft specific control settings in particular also.

ill get off soap box now :mrgreen:

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Bonanza Tech Support”